MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

I love this BB cream! I have very pale skin and I don't like wearing heavy foundations; they look unnatural, can feel cakey heavy etc. This BB cream is a lovely lightweight It glides on easily and doesn't have too much coverage (but can when combined with a concealer) so it looks like your real skin but more flawless. When I wear this out people comment using words such as "radiant" and "glowing" which are perfect because it has such a lovely finish. All I use on my face now is a bit of Nars Creamy Concealer under this cream and my face is natural, radiant and flawless! Definitely recommend A+++

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am a loyal MAC costumer and this product didn't disappoint. At first glance the price may be off putting, but it is well worth it. It lasts for ages, a little goes a long way. Being Irish, I have very pale porcelain skin. I use the lightest shade in the range and it looks very natural, not too dark or light. You can it wear alone or as a primer. It looks great either way. It blends very nicely and I apply it with the mac 187 brush. My skin is quite sensitive and I never break out in red patches or anything after using. Also the SPF 35 is a great bonus. This BB cream doesn't highlight dry patches or imperfections. Overall I'm a very satisfied customer.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this BB. I have used several before this and for my oily skin, this is the only one I can use. I have texture issues from scarring, large pores and some wrinkles on my forever. I want these things to be smoothed and filled so my skin looks more natural and just smooth. I have to stay away from matte foundations because it tends to settle in my texture problems and accentuate them. This product does a beautiful job at making my skin look smooth, natural and lasts wonderfully on my oily skin. I do set my t zone with a powder, but it still looks great. This has exceptional coverage in my opinion for a bb. I think the tool you use makes all the difference. I use a real techniques expert face brush, but the Mac dual fiber foundation brush is great too. Love this so much, especially the mineral spf 35!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this a long time ago but im starting to use it again. This goes on really light, and if you have sensitive skin that gets red easily, like mine, be prepared to use a lot, or use foundation over it because i need to cover my redness up. Also kinda is too creamy that it slides off of where i put it, even with primer.

on 6/18/2015 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE the way this looks on my skin. I usually don't like BB creams because they are too greasy. The "BB cream" moniker has become so trendy that every brand has one, and it may even become passe due to some companies developing "CC creams" and even "DD creams." These tinted moisturizers have more antioxidants, higher SPF factors, and sometimes other benefits, but they are still TMs. This is one of the best I've tried.

PROS:

Natural-looking. Light Plus is my perfect shade and people compliment my skin when I wear this, so apparently it doesn't look like makeup. And my skin is not perfect!

The tube packaging is my favorite for travel.

The SPF 35 is part titanium dioxide. My sensitive skin needs mineral sunscreens. (Unfortunately it's not purely mineral.)

I like the amount of coverage; it's enough that I can use it instead of foundation.

The price is $30 versus the higher prices I normally pay for department store foundation.

Does not fade or get oily and lasts for several hours (my skin type is combination, not super oily)

Does not break me out.

Contains sodium hyaluronate which fills in fine lines and makes your skin look smoother. I look for this ingredient now.

Fragrance free

CONS:

Some of the active SPF ingredients are chemical in addition to mineral. I wish it didn't have oxybenzone in it. Mineral sunscreens are the safest for sensitive skin.

It doesn't have the coverage of Hourglass Immaculate Powder Foundation or Le Metier de Beaute Classic Flawless Finish foundation. But the coverage is great for a tinted moisturizer.

It is really best for normal to oily skin, or skin that is slightly dry. It happens to look great on me with my combination skin, but there is a tendency to market products to all skin types and that simply isn't realistic.

Tip: no need to use a primer- this IS your primer. It performs best on bare skin as your first layer, if not your only layer.

on 5/12/2015 12:45:00 PM

This is more of a foundation than a BB cream really. The plus side is that it has spf 35 so it eliminates the need for sunscreen. Light to medium coverage. Perfect for everyday.

on 5/2/2015 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Being a solid MAC customer, I immediately purchased the Beauty Balm when it was released. Since I personally like light weight foundation I always opt of a BB/CC cream or my ultimate favourite the Studio Fix both in liquid and compact. For this Beauty Balm, I've purchased both the compact and liquid. The liquid being a matte finish for oily skin and the compact for dry skin. I got both because in Sydney the weather is ridiculous so sometimes my face is oily, sometimes extremely dry (perhaps also because of my psoriasis). In mentioning that, I always use organic products on my skin; in fear that chemicals will damage my super sensitive skin.

As of the compact, it comes with a round sponge applicator. I must admit that it's completely pointless. It acquires so much product and barely applies on the skin. I always use a stipling brush to apply the BB which saves a whole lot more product and also applies WAY better. However, the liquid one (despite the fact they both come in 40mL) lasts 10 times (okay a little exaggerated) more longer than the compact. A little bit goes a long way, you just need a peanut drop which shows a decent coverage.

I pair this with the Studio Fix foundation and always spray the Fix+ solution prior to application of ANY product when going clubbing or if I have a long day ahead of me. It lasts forever, I don't necessarily need to reapply. I think it's a good buy, cheaper than most of MAC's foundations and delivers a light to medium coverage. Perfect for day to day use if you only have a short amount of time you can dedicate to doing your make up.

Never been a fan of BB creams, nothing ever impressed me but I got a sample of this one and it works beautifully on my skin. I do have to moisturize a little more before applying it cause it is a little more matte than I expected, but the end result is even, natural, skin but better coverage. Great product.

on 3/28/2015 7:47:00 PM

Horrible product! I really hated this stuff! Did nothing for my skin what soever. Do not waste your money on this stuff!

on 3/28/2015 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I wanted to like this as i have just recently "discovered" MAC". However while the coverage is what I would expect from a BB cream and the color, light was fine, it felt sticky. The nice salesperson gave me a sample to try at home. I used it for the second time today and even a few hours later, I just didn't like the way it felt. My skin is on the dryer side and somewhat sensitive. A plus is I did not have a bad reaction.