L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

I personally love this product. At first, I really hated it. I had the anti-redness and tried to mix it with the medium shade using a brush... this did not work for me and I forgot about it for a while. A little while ago, I picked it back up and applied it by itself (not mixing with the medium shade) and using my fingers. I definitely think it's pretty essential to use your fingers because the product is not the color of your skin when it is first applied, you must use the heat from your fingers in order to transform the shade. Thats where I think it gets a little tricky. I'm not entirely sure, but I like to believe if you rub for too long applying too much heat, the color can become too dark for your skin. Another thing is I would only really use this product when doing a very natural look. Whenever I try to apply a full makeup look using this product (contouring etc.) it always ends up looking patchy, as expected. If you want to go with a full makeup look I highly recommend using a foundation, as you need a very even canvas for the look you want to achieve. This product is definitely for the minimum. The most I would wear with this product is some concealer (not a lot at all though, because it could look cakey), a little bit of bronzer, and a little bit of blush. Definitely don't expect this to be complete coverage. At first, I really did think it was complete coverage but when going outside it is definitely patchy and noticeable. A little bit goes a long way and looks much more natural. Stays on the skin well, still need touch-ups. Still love this product, always my go-to

on 1/15/2016 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a runny product that turns orange once blended. I tried adding sunscreen but it only made it a lighter shade of orange. I threw it out and will stick with my Marcelle BB cream which is inexpensive, hypoallergenic and covers better than any regular foundation I've tried.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love, love, love this drugstore BB cream. I am a NC 35 Bobbi Brown 4-4.25. I use about 1/4 of a dime sized amount in Medium. It comes out of the tube white, but once applied it is pigmented with a yellow/golden undertone. It evens me out and adds a tiny bit of warmth. It disappears and looks like bare skin. I have had no breakouts or clogged pores. Keep in mind that this provides no coverage to speak of. What it does provide is a healthy, but not shiny glow. I feel that many DS brands have improved to the degree that I'll never buy high end makeup again.

on 12/13/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this a few weeks ago because I was out of my aveda tinted moisturizer and wanted to try something new. This is incredibly affordable and a nice product. I like that you can't see it- it's just good skin. I have a few sun spots, very dry skin, some beginner wrinkles (hello, 40). This bb cream works well to blend in the sun spots, doesn't get trapped in the wrinkles, and seems to do no damage to my skin in terms of pore blockage. I bought fair and the color match is pretty good. I may upgrade to another line when I run out of this tube, but it's great stuff for $10.

ETA: except that it turned orange after a few hours, so I had an orange face and blue white neck. Not a good look.

This has got to be my favorite BB cream I've ever tried that you can get at the drugstore. Every other BB cream I've tried has made me so oily! First of all, the fair shade was the perfect shade for me. This BB cream definitely has a natural-matte finish and keeps my oily skin at bay. However, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with very dry skin unless you use a heavy moisturizer underneath because it can cling to dry patches occasionally. This product has not broken me out and does not feel heavy on the skin. Also, it gives pretty decent coverage for a BB cream but not full coverage. So glad I tried it!

So awesome! I like to draw on my face with it before I blend it in since the tube it comes out of is kinda like a pen (almost?). It makes my skin look flawless, it gives great coverage and it doesn't shine throughout the day. It blends in wonderfully. I can't say enough, I love it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Wow I am pretty much on my own with this one. It does run dark. First, I bought light because I am NC20-NC25. It was way orange so I exchanged it for fair. It's perfect. It covers my imperfections very well and makes my pores almost invisible. It's very matte on me. I see NO shimmer. Blends quickly and easily. I go over it with pur minerals and my skin looks better than it ever has! Actually fuller coverage than I initially wanted but now I'm in love.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

It needs to be said that this is amazing. I. Love. This. Stuff.

My little sister used to wear it in high school and swore by it, but my skin, with its acne, oily and red goodness, was not having anything to do with light coverage. Sadly, not much has changed skin-wise.

For reference, I'm NC15, oily, acne-prone, scars and redness.

I began using this as a primer under my foundation. It added a touch of radiance, calmed down any redness so that it wouldn't peek through my foundation, and kept my makeup on. Sweet deal. As a bb creme, I have to say it is wonderful. Light coverage but you really see a difference once you put it on. It's kind of like a "my skin but better," with no trace of makeup whatsoever. I simply set it and go.

I don't know how the other shades work, but light matches me fine because of the whiteness which turns to my shade with "color matching microbeads." The ingredients are far from natural, I can't pronounce anything on the back, and I have heard microbeads are bad for the skin. No breakouts yet, but it's something to watch out for.

The price is a little steep for drugstore. It's $17.00 at my local Shoppers. Not crazy, but it still irks me a bit since it's literally just a light base.

The packaging is sturdy. A simple squeeze tube, so it's also hygienic. Getting product out when it's almost finished is a breeze.

Overall, 4/5 because of the price and the wary ingredients. Everything else is great!

on 11/26/2015 4:01:00 AM

This is a very nice bb cream. I have tried a few and this is my favorite one. I own this in the shade medium and have not tried any other colors so I can't say whether it runs dark or light. The medium shade however is just that, medium. This is whitish when it comes out of the tube and while you rub it in the beads release the color. No it does not adjust to your color, it is one shade, and I do not know if it claims to adjust. Since it is a bb cream it may fit various shades of people since it isn't full coverage. This covers my redness well and makes me look like i have great skin. Not made up skin, but a: this is naturally how my skin looks. I have acne hyperpigmentation marks and this doesn't cover them, but i don't mind. If you want to cover them use a concealer with this. I never use concealer because i can't find a shade that matches me and the spots don't bother me that much anymore. I guess since you can see my spots it further makes my skin appear like its naturally even and smooth (since there are still some flaws visible). This is definitely not for someone that wants to look super made up, but this makes me feel very good about my complexion. It lasts all day for me which makes me feel lucky.

on 12/2/2015 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I generally love L'Oreal bases, and like this BB cream. Just like.

The main point against this is it is a shade-adjusting product, meaning it comes out white and the pigments release when you rub it in. I have had a terrible experience with such products in the past, but thankfully the lightest shade, Fair, works well *for me.* However, for anyone who is super fair-skinned, I think you're out of luck, and I'm not sure how the other Light (which I initially swatched in store; WAY too dark for me), Medium and Deep shades fare on darker skins.

Also, this does NOT have SPF (which, IMO, is a must-have for a BB cream), so remember to put on SPF beforehand.

Texture-wise, it has a very dry finish--not matte, per se, but much less dewy than most BBs. On my skin it's fairly good for all seasons, especially since I've found it clings minimally to my fall/winter dry patches. I like to blend it in with my fingers, then buff in with a dry brush if necessary. It has good light coverage, and since I usually require spot-concealing, I haven't had a problem with concealer blending in over top.

I LOOOVE the packaging--anything that comes in a squeeze tube is wonderful, AND this tube has a fine tip so you can be very precise in how much product you want, with no mess involved. The only downside is the tube is completely opaque, so you can't visually tell how much product is left.

Overall: If you're interested, buy this somewhere with a good return policy (that is, if they don't allow swatches) since your shade may not be a great match, and/or keep an eye out for coupons and sales (frequent with L'Oreal)! I won't be repurchasing only because there are other BB creams I want to try; plus, shade-adjusting bases, as I've found, are really hit-or-miss.