Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

Garnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.5

on 10/30/2016 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to love this in my mind twenties when my skin was just oily, but since I became combination with a bit of dryness, it just makes my skin really uncomfortable.

Pros: Very light, runny consistency great for oily skin. Great coverage for a bb (medium). looks very natural when it melts into the skin. It's also super affordable.

Cons: Very strong yellow undertone across all shades. This is not a con for me because I'm olive, but a lot of people won't find a shade for them in the range. It's not very long lasting and it transfers. It also oxidizes up to 2 shades so I could only use it in the summer. It has no moisturizing properties. Unless you're a purely oily or normal type, it will accentuate any dryness you may have and will make your skin feel super uncomfortable.

on 10/26/2016 5:30:00 AM

This is the worst BB cream I've ever tried. I used it for months, at the beginning it was okay, but then I started breaking out like crazy. It has a really weird smell. I have oily skin and it made me even oilier.

on 10/26/2016 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Brilliant, there are foundations out there with the same coverage that feel less oily on my skin, like the MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation, but for such price! It is the best best best.

on 10/24/2016 9:28:00 AM

Been using it for over four months and am pretty satisfied!!!

1.It goes on very smoothly,
2.has an ok coverage (especially for its price, it's no heavy-duty foundation besides) for most of the darker spots left from my skin-angsty teen years,
3.keeps me from getting super-oily for at least six hours (that's a personal record tbh),
4.does not dry my skin at all, and
5.does not clog my pores and break me out AT ALL.
6.Also, very tentatively, I should add how, a after half an hour since applying, my (huge, moon-crater-like) pores seem to be less prominent.

Now onto the less-positives:
My skin can be very oily and crazy-prone to break-outs and I tend to overdo it with exfoliators and clay masks, thus ending up with dry/flaking patches mostly on my nose and around my chin. And that's when things get difficult. If I don't notice and moisturize the afflicted area thoroughly beforehand, rubbing the bb cream on makes it look really bad. I've found, though, that applying a dot of product more and carefully patting it on and around works. I have it in "light", although the italian translation in the back says "medio-chiara" which means medium-light, which is pretty weird. It's mostly a good match, if not a little pink. I have pretty strong yellow undertones, and it's nothing a quick swipe of blush on the neck and collarbones can't fix. The texture's also pretty runny, but unless the little tube is squeezed tightly it shouldn't matter, and it has a slightly strong perfume-like smell, it wears off pretty quickly though. I only sometimes finish with some sheer powder on top, for a little longer stay and more matte finish, but usually prefer the dewy look it gives.

Overall, Garnier has honestly been a disappointment for me in many other products. This bb cream, however, although its problems, is an in-disposable part of my everyday routine: after cleansing, moisturizing, putting on sunscreen and lip balm, and with only a touch of blush afterwards~~

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I guess I've just had good luck with this product - it's the best foundation for my needs that I've found. I've used it for the past 4 years. My mom gave me the normal-skin kind and I found that it was too highly scented and slipped right off of my face. I bought the combination-oily version on a whim and it has a less creamy finish and a much lighter scent. It doesn't feel like a moisturizing BB cream, more like a light foundation. It doesn't dry my skin out or make it overly greasy.

This BB cream doesn't last much past the end of the work day, but behaves well when set with powder and blotted. It has enough pigment to cover under-eye circles and minor redness, but additional concealer is needed for stubborn zits. It's no Revlon Colorstay if coverage and staying power are your priorities, but it DOESN'T MAKE ME BREAK OUT!! :D which for me outweighs the 8-hour wear time and a few dabs of concealer. It washes off easily with Cerave foaming cleanser.

It has a yellow cast which is perfect for my NC30 skin and for concealing redness, though YMMV if you have very pink-toned skin.

on 10/2/2016 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This I like except for the fact that it makes me super oily,even though it says its supposed to control oil,but it makes my skin crazy oily,even if I use a mattifying powder on top. And they used to have more shades,now theres just two, light/medium and dark/deep I think. I use the light/medium which matches me well.
But the coverage is really good which impresses me because the consistensy is really watery,is a thin liquid,its very easy to blend,doesnt emphasize my pores or acne scarring. It doesnt break me out,it never looks cakey. This really covers but it looks like I'm not wearing any makeup,doesnt crease or move during the day,it lasts for about 6 hours I'd say. This is what I use when I'm in a rush because is super easy to apply and blend.
This really would be the perfect foundation in my opinion if it didnt make so oily.

on 9/25/2016 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

PROS:
- Lasts all day
- Full coverage
- Doesn't break me out
- Natural looking
- Doesn't crease or cake

CONS:
- Must exoliate if you have dry patches
- Doesn't actually control oil
- Quite expensive where I live (but a bottle lasts forever)
- Shade is pretty orange (Light medium)

I swear i get more compliments on my skin when I wear this than when i'm wearing an actual foundation. This stuff is perfect for everyday wear, because it doesn't ever break me out. It's pretty pricey where i live (15$) but granted, i've had my bottle for nearly two years and used it everyday for school for many months and it seems like there's still a lot of product left. I have a lot of red acne scars and it covers up EVERYTHING, i never have to spot conceal, people can't believe i'm just wearing a bb cream because it's so full coverage.

Reading the claims off Garniers website:
controls shine - nope
minimizes pores - yes
evens skin tone - yes
hydrates - as long as you don't have super dry patches, yes
helps prevent sunburn - yes

A few more detailed cons;
~This stuff is seriously liquidy. The bottle becomes a mess and you have to store this stuff lid up. The regular garnier bb cream is a thick mousse like texture and this is straight up watery. That being said, it still is crazy full coverage and not streaky, just be warned it's super messy and Not a product you can keep in a purse or makeup Bag
~ This doesn't do anything for oil control. Nothing at all. I have crazy oily skin, but i wear milk of magnesia as primer so that doesn't matter to me anymore. That's the only reason i can imagine that people don't like this product it doesn't do the main thing that it claims.
~ this is not a product for people with dry skin. in the wintertime when I get dry patches I need to exfoliate them like crazy because this makes my skin so dry in the winter.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

PROS:
-The color blends beautifully with my pale skin
-It does not leave dry patches on my cheeks
-It looks natural on the skin, like I am not wearing anything
-You get a lot of product, and it is really affordable
-Covers the bags under my eyes perfectly

CONS:
-If you are having a really bad skin day, this BB cream will not cover much
-My T - zone gets a little oily in the summer and the oiliness shines through the BB cream
-Creases on the eyelids

Definitely worth the price, I will repurchase it again.

I definitely did my research before even thinking of buying this product, and definitely ended up getting it because of all the rave reviews. BUT I was terribly disappointed. It went on very nice - like a lightweight concealer. I have nice skin so I don't need anything heavy, but do like something that keeps my T-Zone matte. This did it for about an hour and that was it. I was reapplying powder and blotting my face with oil blotters more than ever! Ugh..so frustrating. Though I like the 'second skin' look, I would rather more of a matte look than this...I don't know, I didn't think of my skin to be that oily, but maybe it is...this just wasn't worth the money. Do not waste your time.

on 9/16/2016 3:07:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I am very happy with this purchase.I previously used the Aldi BB cream and found it was excellent however the results were far less impressive if I had sunscreen on under it. My face looked shiny and it failed to last.

I often wear a heavy sunscreen and I have been really happy with the results of this BB cream over a 50+ UV cream. It lasts longer, with good coverage and doesn't result in the shinny, oily look

I have also been happy with how good the coverage is and how fair it makes me look. Maybe its because i'm in Australia but I get non of the 'orange' quality others have noted - quite the opposite.