Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

on 9/21/2015 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is a great BB cream--if you don't have dry skin. It looks fabulous on the skin and wears like a dream. It also dries out your skin. My face looks great for about three days with this then the dry flaky patches set in. I so want to love this but in the end I can't.

So when I first tried it, I loved it and left a rave review. However, now that I've tried several other bb creams, I've realized this one is very subpar. First off, it is very thick and hard to blend out. It tends to look streaky no matter how much I blend.

Also, it doesn't really soak into the skin like most other ones do. Even with a powder, I feel like this doesn't set AT ALL. It transfers very easily to my phone and sunglasses.

After wearing it all day, it began to separate and clump up around my nose, chin, and forehead. I was super disappointed.

The color selection is pretty bad as well. I got this in "light", which is the second lightest color. I'm really pale and I can usually get away with wearing the lightest shade in anything. But this is still very pale on me! And there's only 5 shades to choose from, so I'm sure the next shade up would have been far too dark.

On the upside, the coverage is very nice. It covered my blemishes and discoloration wonderfully. But with all the blending, it took way too much time to get those results! For the hefty price, it just wasn't worth it. Definitely wouldn't repurchase.

If you want a bb/cc cream that covers well, isn't super thick, and last a good while, try It Cosmetics CC+ Cream. That stuff is the bomb.

on 8/22/2015 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Very light coverage so it won't cover a lot if you're like me and has moderate redness +acne scarring. Doesn't control oil at all. It has a pretty greasy finish. Didn't break me out, but won't be repurchasing.

on 8/6/2015 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Deluxe sample, I think it was a Sephora 100 point perk. It lasted me a couple weeks of consistent use. Buildable formula but didn't mask all my redness so maybe a medium coverage at best. It did leave me looking quite "radiant" until I applied powder then it matted down. Staying power was okay. Due to price, I won't repurchase.

on 7/20/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

As of right now, this is my favorite bb cream! The texture is creamy and pigmented, a little goes a long way! Well it has to with the hefty price tag for a one ounce bottle! I was recommended this product by a friend with very sensitive skin. Like I mean she can barely wear anything without causing breakouts, dry skin, or any catastrophic skin problem! But this stuff works for her, so i decided to over look the price (about $50's Canadian. Ouch!) I got the shade fair, which had just came out when I bought it. I'm so glad that they brought out a lighter shade to match my mayonnaise colored skin, why don't they ever name a shade that? This stuff hides redness, and doesn't cling to dry skin. But if you have acne concealer will do wonders for you. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone wanting a light, natural glow.

on 7/5/2015 5:07:00 PM

I received a sample of this in the Light shade when I purchased a few products from Ulta and I gave it a try. I am happy to say that I absolutely love it!! Not only does it give a nice coverage (medium) but it does not accentuate my pores which I have found most foundations do. The coverage is also long lasting. When I run out of my sample, I will definitely be purchasing the full size which is a bit pricey but I feel is worth it since I love it so much and has given me such good coverage and staying power.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you have oily and sensitive skin, I would recommend you to stay away from this BB cream. It gives me a massive broke out and it doesn’t control oil at all! pros are ...Texture is great and very easy to apply and it has a wide range of shades.

on 5/27/2015 10:40:00 PM

At first I really liked this bb cream. It makes my skin look really smooth, and minimized my pores a lot. Coverage is light of course, but it wears very well throughout the day. It also helps with controlling oil. Unfortunately, something in this bb cream irritates my skin sometimes. I get irritated patches on my cheeks and nose that clear up after a few days. If this didn't irritate my skin, I still don't think its worth the price though ($50CAD). There are definitely some better ones at Sephora that are a bit cheaper or come with more product for $50.

on 5/22/2015 1:33:00 PM

The thing I liked about this foundation was the fact that the lighter shades are really light.. and therefore quite good matches for the paler skin ladies out there. Definitely more so than the Smashbox foundation which the MUA told me not to even bother with because they don't start light enough, so anyway I tried the BB cream. Great colour match, and the coverage is good for a BB cream, definitely a thicker formula than many foundations. However, that's pretty much the only good points. It totally dried out my skin, and that was with the moisturising primer that Smashbox sells underneath. I was really unimpressed by this BB cream, it clung to every dry patch particularly around my nose. I'm glad I just got a sample and didn't shell out £27 for this product, Wouldn't recommend to those with normal/dry skin.

on 5/17/2015 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is definitely THE BEST BB cream I have tried! It lasts all day and is my perfect shade. It feels like a moisturizer and has great coverage. I will definitely buy it again.