Urban Decay NAKED2

Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My first nudes pallete, so I do not have much to compare it to. It's great. I've had it for over a year and use it on a regular basis (maybe 3-4 times a week) and still haven't hit pan yet. Has great colour pay off, minimal fallout, buttery texture and stays all day paired with Lime Crimes eyeshadow helper. The brush is pretty good for blending, as well.
The only reason I'm giving it a 4 instead of 5 is that it only has one matte shade, which I struggle with blending for some reason.

I really really like it but wouldn't buy it again because there are so so so many other nude palletes out there to try.

this is my favorite out of all the naked palettes

naked 1 was too warm and I didn't like the velvet packaging. naked 3 was pink and although very pretty in the pans, not ideal for me since im not that skilled in applying eyeshadow.

naked 2 shades are perfect for me, taupe-y and cool toned shades are my preference. i like that i can use each shade by itself, and that there is a matte black so i can use it to set my eyeliners.

these shades will look good on all skin tones, and they last all day, even with my oily eyelids.

there is some fallout with these shadows, so minus one lippie for that, but other than that these shadows are buttery smooth and apply very well.

It was one of my first palettes (after theBalm's Nude'Tude), bought it shortly before Naked 3 was launched. I used it religiously for a few months, hit pan on the first four shades, the next two I really enjoyed as well. I'm an absolute fan of "Half baked", it's a gorgeous creamy gold, still one of my fave golds in my eyeshadow collection. Then I switched to other, (more colourful) palettes and... haven't worn it since!
It's definitely a palette which I could sell or give away and don't feel any regret. If you want a basic, neutral palette and you don't plan to invest in others, by all means: give it a go. The shadows are nice, creamy. Some of them aren't as blendable as they should be, given the price. There are a few shades that I think are (too) similar to each other: Snakebite & Busted, YDK & Suspect.
The brush that comes with the palette is decent, but a bit too "stiff" for me.
I'd give it 3,5 lippies if I could... but I don't love it enough to give it 4.

on 8/17/2016 9:09:00 PM

I personally love this palette as it is full of cool-toned shades and few warm shades that can be used for a natural or dramatic look! My favourite shades so far are Verve (I loove using it in the inner corners as a highlight) and Chopper (it reminds me of rose gold).

This palette isn't perfect as it does have its pros and cons.

Pros:
- Great variety of shade colours
- Most shades are highly pigmented
- Comes with a decent brush (great for a beginner!)
- GREAT VALUE (each shadow is full size and one full size single shadow costs around $20 CAD)
- Most colours go with each other well

Cons:
- Fallout from shadows especially the more glittery ones
- Very few matte shades
- The colour "Foxy" might not appear at all on some skin tones
- Some of the lighter shades aren't as pigmented

The Naked 2 is a more cool-toned palette so choose a palette according to what suits your skin tone ! However, you can never go wrong with the original Naked palette.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Like so many others, I live for this palette. To be fair, I mostly use the first four shades, because I'm super fair and my day-to-day makeup routine is pretty basic. Using just those shades almost daily, the palette has lasted me SUCH a long time! An excellent buy, even if it was more expensive.

I've been a MUA for a few different small movies, and its easy to find a natural pick for any skin tone. A slight shimmer gives great definition, and catches light without looking like a disco ball.

It's insane how versatile the shades are, I even use the matte brown for my brows!

Definitely a top 5 pick for my makeup bag.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Just an ok product overall. Nothing special. Had a really hard time creating an everyday look with this product. Great for smokey eye looks when you really are willing to put some effort into application. Undecided if I will rebuy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette comes with 12 stunning neutral shades. The color range is more on the colder side.

Shades:

Foxy - is a yellowtoned matte skintone color.
Half baked - is a beautiful golden shimmery color.
Bootycall - is a light color with a subtle shine.
Chopper - is a cobber, shimmery shade.
Tease - is the 2nd matte color. It's a cold, neutral brown with grey and purple undertones.
Snakebite - is a bronze shade with a sheen.
Suspect - is a lighter bronze with shimmer.
Pistol - is a grey shimmery color.
Verve - is a light shimmery color with grey undertones.
YDK - is a stunning metallic bronze with slightly purple undertones.
Busted - is a dark brown with some shine.
Blackout - is a matte black

I think it would be nice with more matte shades in the palette since there's only 3.

Formula:

The formula on the shadows is great. The matte ones are really soft and silky. The shimmery ones are creamy and pigmented. Some of the shimmery colors have a more powdery finish and they have bit of fallout (YDK, Chopper and Half baked). To intensify the shimmery shadows even more I either put them on with my finger, or apply them wet. But overall I think the formula is good.

Packaging:

I think the packaging is pretty. It's a hard metallic packaging. When you open it, it has a big mirror, the 12 shades with names under and a double ended brush. The brush has a flat side, which is good at putting on lid shades, and on the other side it has a more fluffy crease brush. The hair is synthetic. Normally I don't like brushes that comes with palettes but this is really good and high quality.

Overall I think this is a good palette and great if you're just starting out with eyeshadow, but still want something high quality.

on 6/11/2016 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Nice palette but there are issues. too dark shades for fair skin, they kick quite a lot of powder and the glitter chunky shades are meh. the brush is pretty horrible.

on 6/11/2016 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette has too many dark shades and not enough light and mid range shades. It also has only a couple of matte shades, which is disappointing. I had heard very good things about this palette so I decided to pull the trigger and get it. When I got it home, I was very upset because I wouldn't be able to use most of the shades. I'm at an age when I no longer wear dark eye shadow, which is incredibly aging. So the fact that this palette is composed of mostly dark shades is upsetting. There are a couple of shimmery light shades that I can use on the lid as an all over color, and two white shades that will work as highlighters. But other than this, this palette is a waste. So I'm returning it to Ulta and will exchange it for one of the Naked quads, probably the cooler one. I'll be happier with shades that I can actually use, not just look at and think pretty. I've been looking for a light bronzy shade that I can wear all over the lid as a daytime color, preferably something with a little shimmer. But my eyes are deep set so using darker colors in the crease isn't flattering and just makes me look tired. I also don't want something that's terribly warm, because my skin tone is rather cool. I thought a couple of the shades in the Naked 2 palette would work but they're much darker than I thought (at least they were when I swatched them on my arm). I have the Naked 3 palette and love it and use it often. It makes my hazel eyes pop. But again, I don't use the darker shades in that palette either. But the rosy shimmer shades are quite pretty on me. But the Naked 2 palette is an entirely different animal. Although I love the consistency of UD shadows, the colors just won't do for me. So back it goes, which is a waste but better than keeping something I paid a lot of money for but would likely never use. My search goes on for a light bronze shade. I recommend this palette if you like dark shimmery shadows and will actually use them in your daily life. They're pretty to stare at and to swatch but won't work on my eyes. It's a shame. I've been lemming this palette for some time. But things change when new facts come to light.

I love this naked palette the best, it is cool toned neutrals, and I find this the easiest to wear of all the naked palettes. I also love this packaging with the metal tin and snap closure, I didn't like the velvet of the first one, got dirty AF :( pigment is super rich, very smooth formula, blends wonderfully.