Urban Decay NAKED2

Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/11/2016 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette has too many dark shades and not enough light and mid range shades. It also has only a couple of matte shades, which is disappointing. I had heard very good things about this palette so I decided to pull the trigger and get it. When I got it home, I was very upset because I wouldn't be able to use most of the shades. I'm at an age when I no longer wear dark eye shadow, which is incredibly aging. So the fact that this palette is composed of mostly dark shades is upsetting. There are a couple of shimmery light shades that I can use on the lid as an all over color, and two white shades that will work as highlighters. But other than this, this palette is a waste. So I'm returning it to Ulta and will exchange it for one of the Naked quads, probably the cooler one. I'll be happier with shades that I can actually use, not just look at and think pretty. I've been looking for a light bronzy shade that I can wear all over the lid as a daytime color, preferably something with a little shimmer. But my eyes are deep set so using darker colors in the crease isn't flattering and just makes me look tired. I also don't want something that's terribly warm, because my skin tone is rather cool. I thought a couple of the shades in the Naked 2 palette would work but they're much darker than I thought (at least they were when I swatched them on my arm). I have the Naked 3 palette and love it and use it often. It makes my hazel eyes pop. But again, I don't use the darker shades in that palette either. But the rosy shimmer shades are quite pretty on me. But the Naked 2 palette is an entirely different animal. Although I love the consistency of UD shadows, the colors just won't do for me. So back it goes, which is a waste but better than keeping something I paid a lot of money for but would likely never use. My search goes on for a light bronze shade. I recommend this palette if you like dark shimmery shadows and will actually use them in your daily life. They're pretty to stare at and to swatch but won't work on my eyes. It's a shame. I've been lemming this palette for some time. But things change when new facts come to light.

I love this naked palette the best, it is cool toned neutrals, and I find this the easiest to wear of all the naked palettes. I also love this packaging with the metal tin and snap closure, I didn't like the velvet of the first one, got dirty AF :( pigment is super rich, very smooth formula, blends wonderfully.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought an authentic Naked 2 palette off of Poshmark, and I absolutely love it! I can't wait to get the Naked 3 and Naked Smoky next. These eyeshadows are definitely cooler toned, which is perfect for me. I'm happy with the variety of these shadows, and they are so pigmented and smooth and velvety! I definitely use this just as much as I use the original Naked, so if you're a cool-toned girl like me, it's worth the investment.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have one eyeshadow palette and it's the only one I've ever owned: Naked2 by Urban Decay. I got this for Christmas 2014 as my first palette but I find it to be so comprehensive that I don't need another one.

1st off let me say that I use this palette OFTEN. I work 5 days a week and use it at least 2-3 of those days. I haven't hit pan on a single shade. The price point of this product is $54.00. Some might find that extravagant but given the fact that I've used this to death for the past year and a half and it's still going strong, I'd say it's worth the investment (even though I was given this as a present, as mentioned.)

In fact, if you're wanting to give someone an eyeshadow palette as a gift I'd highly recommend this one. It's something many people might not buy for themselves (as they might not be able to justify the price) but would probably end up loving.

I find all the shades to be pigmented and blendable. The formula is nice IMO. Maybe not the best out there but I have no complaints. One thing I will say is definitely tap off your brush with these before going in on the lids.

You can create so many looks. I do anything with this from sweeping one color all over the lid when in a rush to get out the door on my way to work, to elaborate smokey eye looks.

All the shades in this palette are fairly neutral so the only people I wouldn't recommend this to is someone looking for a palette that contains bright colors or someone who strongly prefers matte shadows. It is a perfect everyday neutral palette as long as you like shimmer.

I'll go through each shade:
- Foxy: this is a matte cream shade. I use it a ton all over the lid and as a browbone highlight. It neutralizes my lids perfectly and some people claim to have a problem with pigmentation on this one but I never have.
- Half Baked: a true gold shade. Metallic and shimmery. It's beautiful all over the lid.
- Bootycall: this and foxy are my most used shades in this palette. This color is a shimmery pale pink. I use this in the inner corners all the time and as a browbone highlight when I want something shimmery as opposed to something matte.
- Chopper: a gorgeous rose gold color with silver glitter. I use this all the time all over the lid. This is the one color in the palette that I still get fallout with even after tapping off my brush. It's okay though because this shade is so beautiful that it's worth the fallout.
- Tease: a pale brown matte color. Extremely versatile, perfect for a transition or crease color.
- Snakebite: a shimmery mid-tone brown.
- Suspect: a metallic beige. One of my go-tos for sweeping all over the lid.
- Pistol: a metallic gunmetal grey.
- Verve: a shimmery silver. I really love the dimension of this shade.
- YDK: possibly my favorite color in the entire palette. It's a highly metallic cool-toned bronze. Looks insane on the lid.
- Busted: a shimmery dark brown.
- Blackout: matte black. I've seen some reviewers say they have problems with this shade and they find it to come across more grey than black, but I find it to be super intense, personally.

This palette comes with an amazing brush which I use daily and the packaging is sturdy and substantial.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best palette ever love it💖

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette is great for cool toned skin. The pigments are quite nice, some shades needing a heavier hand to get colour pay-off.

The colour 'Chopper' is my favourite, although there is a medium amount of fallout. These glitter shades work best when my brush is wet, which gives a 'foiled' look. I reach for the colour 'Tease' the most as it acts as a nice cool-toned transition. Another favourite is 'Blackout' as I mainly use it to mattify my eyeliner and smoke out my lash line.

The packaging is simple yet sleek, a muted gold colour. It has a secure closure and is quite sturdy- good for travel.

A pleasing, everyday palette, for neutral to nighttime looks.

on 4/7/2016 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hands down my favorite out of the Naked palettes. I have brown eyes and this is the perfect palette for brown/hazel eyes. I love everything about it. Pigmented, versatile, smooth and buttery, bendable, easy to build up on, and a little goes a long way. Just amazing.

on 4/24/2016 10:11:00 PM

Don't buy into the hype. This is a decent palette at best. Urban Decay's NAKED palettes are decent, but so, so far from perfect. Maybe they're good from the price point, but you can find much, much, MUCH better eyeshadows from certain other luxury brands. I was at first so excited when I bought NAKED2; it swatched so, so beautifully. Better than even my holy grail eyeshadows. It seemed so pigmented, so finely milled. I've had it for about a month now and I've tried many different eye looks with it, but all of them have been fails. Yes, some shades are better than others, but generally speaking, these shadows don't blend well. Mistakes are impossible to correct, and one wrong stroke will ruin your entire eye look. Certain shades like Chopper have heavy fallout. And while the shades looked so pretty on my arm, they are almost ugly once on the eyelid. It is also impossible to build up the colour, and colours such as Foxy have no pigment whatsoever. Dig your brush in Foxy as much as you want, you will never get any colour payoff. Not even with their famous primer potion, which works better on other brands. I have half a mind to give this palette away, but I think I'll keep it for those rare occasions when I don't have time for a good eye look. I might be better off powdering my eyelids with translucent powder, though.

on 4/20/2016 5:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

First of all I would like to address the fact that this palette is not recommended for warm toned people. I'm going to have to disagree with that... if your skin is similar to mine.

Although the veins in my wrist are completely purple and blue thus classifying me as a cool toned person, I have very obvious yellow tones in my skin and am about nc20-25 in mac. So not quite neutral either...

I have to say despite only using it for a short amount of time, this has got to be my favourite naked palette. I own all three plus the smoky ( urban decay eyeshadow junkie) and although the first naked did compliment the warm tones to my skin, I don't feel it gives the wow factor like the naked 2, which really brings out and lightens my medium brown eyes, bringing out all sorts of colours in them!

The pigmentation is excellent as with all urban decay naked eyeshadow palettes and the colour selection is perfect in this palette... definitely cool toned but with some complementary warmish shades thrown in which balances the palette.

I feel like this palette is more suitable for everyday eye looks than the naked 1, as there is less glittery shades with some of the greys and the black providing some drama for events or night time looks.

I would definitely suggest to warm toned ladies with blue purple veins (haha!)/ warm toned ladies in general to not be put off by those saying it will not work for you. Try it out, swatch it!

As for cool toned girls this palette is definitely up your street.

Fast becoming my favourite eyeshadow palette!!

This was my very first "highend" Palette. I was in LOVE when I first got it. I now have the chocolate bare & chocolate bon bon palette so I dont reach for it as much. These are pretty pigments, and you can create so many beautiful looks. My 2 Fav colours are #3 which is a shimmery gold tone champagne and #5 which is a greige taupe. They are very soft and come with a nice double ended brush. This palette would be a great daytime palette.