Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this. It makes my hair really soft. I don't really like how it in a tub because I don't like digging into it or have to be extra careful about getting water in it in the shower. But over all it is a great deep conditioner.

on 11/18/2013 10:56:00 AM

Just used it for the first time and I already know, that I Love it!!!
I put it on for an hour with shower cap(sexy) and when I rinsed it off, My hair. Was like made of silk!I really really really hope, that I found finally my HG product and I can grow my hair!
will come back for an update for sure!
I will be using in alternate with L'Oreal EverRiche shampoo and deep repair mask, when it runs out I purchase the All Soft range-never used.
Also having the matching shampoo and Anti snap leave in.

Hair History:
Original color is a medium dark ashy blonde, fine, but have a lot of it. Constantly bleaching to platinum blonde, it means root touch ups in every 4weeks. Although my hair is in an ok condition, what I'm doing with it, cannot grow below my shoulder, because snapping off.
Oily scalp, need to wash every other day.
Tried millions of products, like Kerastase,Tigi,L'Oreal Professional,Revlon Professional, Schwarzkopf Prof.,No Inhibition-the salon keratin treatment also,MilkShake,Bain de terre,Macadamia,Lee. Stafford,Philip Kingsley,Klorane, Phyto etc.
So basically almost every salon and drugstore brand.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have never written a review on anything but I was compelled to review this product, it blew me away. I had fried, bleached blonde, straw like hair with tonnes of breakage and in desperation I turned to this product, which I now believe is the holy grail for bleached blonde hair. I have fine, straight hair and bleach it platinum so I can't speak for any other hair type but after using it, I am literally stopped in my tracks when I pass by a mirror, it is shining like glass. My hair looks like virgin hair and the lovely platinum colour looks revived as well. It has really improved the overall integrity of the hair and it's very hard to see any breakage after only the first time I used it. I think it is advised to use it twice a week until the damage is completely repaired then once a week, then probably once a month to maintain it. Best conditioning treatment I've ever used, it's as good as any professional treatment.

*I used it on towel dried hair and covered with plastic wrap for 15 minutes and rinsed it repeatedly. I should also add, like other posters below found, this product builds strength not softness which I did notice so I added a little of my regular argan oil for moisture before blow drying. Other posters have recommended a clarifying shampoo before use to help it penetrate which I will also be trying next time. Enjoy.

on 8/28/2013 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love love love this product.

Bit of my background to start - I have thick, dark, chest-length hair that I have chemically straightened twice. Plus used heat to straighten every day for one year, plus used a hair dryer cause I'm horribly impatient. Needless to say, my hair was heat damaged, dry and brittle. And nothing worked. I've tried everything on my hair - 5 different oils, hair masks, hair spas in India. Nothing worked for permanent results.

Then I heard about this product.

I've been using it once a week for the past month and the results are incredible. I follow it up with a strong conditioner. I always add a drop of Argan oil (for extra moisture), heat protectant (cause I can't stand air drying my hair) and some serum (for added shine). My hair is now shiny, bouncy and breakage has reduced considerably. I'm pretty impressed.
The only reason why I would not buy this again is because I always like to change up my hair products. I recommend this if you have damaged hair and nothing will fix it.

PS: Always follow with a deep conditioner. This does not moisturize it only improves strength and your hair will feel straw like without a good conditioner. I also use coconut oil masks weekly to moisturize my hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I used this for the first time tonight and I am BLOWN AWAY! So much so, I joined makeupalley just to write this review, and I never write reviews!

Let me start off by giving my reason for using this product in the first place. I have naturally thick, black, very long hair. Two weeks ago, I decided to do a red ombre (at home). Well, lets just say that wasn't a good idea. My hair became straw like at the ends! No joke, literally like hay! Although I love the red and the way the color turned out, my hair is clearly damaged.

Fast forward to tonight. After days of research, I decided to try this out. I shampooed my hair as normal then towel dried. I put a generous amount on the fried ends of my hair and put on a shower cap. I left it on for 15 min then rinsed with cold water. NOW THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART...this is a protein treatment, which means you will need, need , NEED to follow up immediately with a deep conditioner or mask. I combined Aussie 3 minute miracle, Neutrogena triple moisture mask AND ion effective care treatment and used as a mask. Mind you, I have always combined these products and used the concoction as a deep conditioner. However, I was seeing NO MAJOR improvement once my hair was dyed and damaged. but HOLY COW, using the Redken extreme strength builder plus beforehand made a major difference!

I am seriously almost in tears, I am so happy! this DID NOT strip any red from my hair and left it so vibrant and smooth. My hair looks smoother right now than it did before I did the ombre. I will continue to use this and update in a few weeks with my progress. if you are dealing with dry, over processed damaged hair, you NEED to try this! You will be so glad you did!

on 10/19/2013 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried many rebuilder or moisturizing masks in my life;
(JOICO K-PAK, ABSOLUTE REPAIR FROM L'ORÉAL PROFFESSIONAL, EVERCRÈME SULFATE FREE MOISTURE SYSTEM...) But this one is the best i've ever bought! i don't have any negative point to say on this product

I got this mask for 18$ instead of 23$ which is a great deal for a proffesional product.
Since I have it, I used this product once a week, for 5 months now and the jar is empty at 3/4... not bad considering that my hair are very long and damaged by bleach! I Will rebuy it for sure

Pros:smells good
last long (big jar)
resonable price
nice creamy texture
fast visible effects (2 or 3 uses)
repair and reconstruct damaged hair

on 7/11/2013 12:48:00 AM

I bought this without reading any reviews and I'm happy to say I bought a good product! I use this once a week to keep my fine, bleached, & colored hair strong, and I've got to say I get quite a few compliments on how healthy my hair looks for what I've put it through.Including from hairdressers. I don't think I would get those compliments if it weren't for this stuff and It smells pretty good too!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I decided to purchase this after noticing that Redken has really good reviews for hair treatments. It seems lke this has favorable ratings but I wasn't wowed. My hair is damaged by heat styling and highlighting so I use heavy duty treatments to prevent breakage. This seemed like a good option b/c it's big on proein rebuiding. After using it several weeks. My hair does seem shinier and in general more manageable. I have noticed healthier looking hair, but it's still breaking off more than with some cheaper treatments I've used. This is a good product but I think for girls who's hair may be lightly damaged not hair in need of repair. I'm gonna switch back to my Nuetrogena Healthy Hair mask.

I couldnt make up my mind whether i liked this hair treatment. My hair is damaged by heat so wanted to gain some strength. I followed the instructions and applied to towel dried hair and left on for about 15 mins. When I rinsed out and dried my hair I didn't notice any imminent results. However after using once a week for about a month can feel that my hair is stronger and fuller and looks healthy.
This product doesn't make your hair soft so it may be worth using an light oil before drying. You only need a small amount applied to the ends of your hair. Will repurchase :)

on 5/21/2013 9:11:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my HG deep treatment!, it's amazing! I've tyred so many others and this is the most 'strengthening'' and most penetrating deep treatment ever