Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++
Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.8

on 3/13/2016 6:21:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got a couple sample packs of this from Sephora in the light to medium shade. The finish is dewy-ish but not glaringly shiny. It's not as nice as Skin79 gold, though, which is sheer and makes skin look a little smoother. This is sheer as well, but i felt like my bare skin looks better. It could be because the color is so far off. I got a look at this in bright light, and it is way too pink for my skin tone. Skin79 also skews a bit too pink on me, but this looks really obvious. Also, i found it slightly too dark (my skin is pale, but not super pale, with olive undertones).

on 3/13/2016 12:50:00 AM

Coverage is very sheer. It doesn't really cover any blemishes but it does help even out redness. It's a very dewy finish which is nice but it doesn't last on me. It looks like I'm wearing nothing after a couple of hours. My biggest complaint is the color is very beige/pink. I have yellow undertones NC20ish but I struggle with redness, so using a pink toned bb cream can make my entire face look flushed. If you have yellow undertones I would avoid this one.

packaging
- from online pictures, the container looks like it would be bendy and soft, but it's hard plastic
- the pump squirts out the bb cream in short, rapid bursts. you have to be careful with it, or it will get all over the place
feel
- not greasy, but not really nice. it isn't irritating, but it doesn't have a soothing or comfortable feel to it. to me, it feels like some random mediocre bb cream from the drugstore
coverage/look
- the coverage is medium, but it actually makes my skin look not as nice as before, even though it covers blemishes and redness. i look more patchy and uneven with it, and honestly... it makes my skin feel dirtier :(
- finish is natural-shiny (matte, natural, shiny are the 3 categories from less shiny to more)
my skin type
- combination. normal everywhere except a bit oily in the t-zone and some dry patches and blemishes on the forehead. also i have sensitive skin and react poorly to most foundations/tinted moisturizers/bb creams.

on 1/6/2016 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is one of my go-to face products in the winter along with Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation/Serum. I have sensitive, dry/dehydrated skin, and I prefer my skin to have a dewy, glowing, almost glossy finish. This BB cream does that. The light/medium shade is slightly too dark/orange for me (NC10-15) so I either use a color corrector with it or blend it pretty far down my neck. It gives me medium coverage, and while I like fuller coverage usually, I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of coverage if it makes my skin look like this. It contains a substantial amount of physical SPF, doesn't irritate my skin, and is one of the few things that can make my skin glow in cold, dry weather.

I hate the packaging and I wish they'd update it, but I don't see that happening too soon. I've repurchased it once already. I also deducted an overall lippie because this melts off of my face in the summer.

on 1/1/2016 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Let's start with the positive: this product, in the light-medium color, actually blended well into my super pale skin, and it didn't emphasize any dry spots on my skin. Unfortunately, though, it settled into my pores, clogged them, and caused breakouts.

Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Arbutin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Magnesium Sulfate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Calcium Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine, Alcohol, Lecithin, rh-Oligopeptide-1, Soybean Oil, PVP, Platinum Powder, Steareth-20, Chrysin, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide. continued >>

on 11/12/2015 2:06:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I bought this in a set. I saw that it was Light-medium and was excited that it was my color, but applying it I was a little iffy. It looked more light than medium, and it was way too light for my complexion. As it sat, it started to match my skin much better and I actually really like this. During the fall, my skin gets really dry and ashy. I was so excited to try the product that I forgot to put on moisturizer, and usually with foundations it makes my skin look way more dry than it was before. With this product I was happy that it didn't draw that kind of attention to my face. Overall, I am happy with this product

on 10/1/2015 2:04:00 PM

The best BB cream I've found so far for very fair skin. No tide marks here!

Due to a medical condition a key concern is physical SPF. I used this throughout summer and didn't feel that tell-tale burning feeling for a good few hours (however, I don't feel this BB stays in place long enough to provide protection for too long).

The main downside is that I was unbelievably shiny. It looked like it didn't set, or I was sweating. This was despite powder etc.

Packaging is annoying - I'm not sure if I'm running low as the pump isn't always effective, and I'm too scared to cut it open in case there's a fair bit remaining and it oxidises or something.

All in all a good buy due to colour and SPF, and I'd definitely purchase it again for the summer if there's a good offer available.

on 8/27/2015 10:59:00 AM

AMAZING product! I'm a medium skin tone, initially purchased the product in the winter and it was a great match. I was worried it would not match my skin in the summer months but somehow it did even though I tanned. I even took this to cuba and wore it everyday and it lasted and made my skin look flawless all day. In the summer I use it without a moisturizer but in the winter I do wear my moisturizer underneath as my skin does get fairly dry. I also tend to have flaky skin in the winter and this is one of the very few products that did not accentuate this problem. Also did not break out my sensitive skin. LOVE this bb cream, I hope it does not get discontinued...has been out of stock on the sephora website for quite some time now :(. Only complaint I have is that the packaging is awful. The pump stops taking out product with over 25% of the product still in there. So I use the the handle of a thin brush to get the product out which can be time consuming and not very sanitary. I hope they fix the packaging. All in all it's the best bb cream I have ever used and will continue to purchase.

on 7/17/2015 3:14:00 PM

Hands down my favorite BB cream to date. The color matches my skin tone easily, and it provides great coverage without being too heavy. I love the SPF 45, too! It lasts most of the day and helps make my other products (blush, bronzer, etc) go on smoothly and blends easily.

on 7/15/2015 12:52:00 AM

This is a great BB cream with high spf, broad-spectrum protection from non-chemical sunscreens. I usually have an impossible time with foundations, moisturizers and sunscreens, because I have a very fair/very yellow skin tone and very sensitive, acne-prone, oily skin. During the hot and humid summers of NYC & DC where I split my time, it is demoralizingly impossible to have makeup ever stay on for more than 20 minutes, but this BB cream stays on all day and looks nice! If I'm not in a hurry, I'll put a thin layer on all over my face with my fingers, blend in, then add a second layer only on the areas where I have hyperpigmentation (my cheeks). Then I set with powder and add bronzer/contour, then set that with powder. Sometimes I'll finish off with ELF setting spray. If I'm in a hurry, I just smear it on all over my face, set with powder and go. This doesn't oxidize on me, which is also shocking, and I only have to blot twice during the day, instead of every hour on the hour, as I do with most foundations and BB creams. I'm around an NC20-25, and the BB cream in Light seems to work very well for me. But I have heard people with deeper skin tones say the Light shade works for them as well. My neck is lighter than my face, but I just use my bronzer down the center of my neck (as Lisa Eldridge has suggested for folks in my situation) so everything blends in. This has not broken me out and I have been using for about a month now. Really impressed with this product. In the past, I gave a high rating for the Peter Thomas Roth CC cream and the Smshbox CC cream, but this Dr Jart+ Premium BB spf 45 PA+++ is definitely better than both in coverage and staying power. This is also just slightly better for me I think than even the Laneige BB Cushion Compact, which I also love. I think the Laneige cushion delivery system which gives such a nice flawless finish also wastes a lot of product, as I went through the first cushion (.5 oz) super quickly. I don't have that issue with the Dr Jart+ Premium BB and I still end up with a very nice look and finish.