Korres Mineral Powder Foundation

Korres Mineral Powder Foundation
Lily Lolo, Korres, Sephora & other mineral brandsMineral Powder FoundationMineral Powder Foundation

3.9

Mica, Boron Ntiride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Amethyst Powder, Quartz. [ /- (May Contain) Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]

on 3/30/2011 5:40:00 PM

Not bad...don't know if it broke me out...I've tried it a month ago when my skin wasn't in a good condition but...will try again later because the result is pretty nice.

on 3/17/2011 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Wow, this stuff is amazing. It goes on easily and evenly, even with no primer or anything else, covers up redness and small imperfections on my face, and looks completely natural. No one thinks I use any makeup on my face that isn't eye makeup.
The only bad things are the small selection of tones (fortunately, I fit in one of the 4 tones they make, so this isn't an issue for me), and the packaging. There isn't really much to keep it from spilling all over the place, and it isn't the easiest thing to get the makeup from container to sponge (or brush, or whatever you use). However, it is still remarkable.
Oh, and I must add that within 2 days of using this product it cleared the acne Bare Minerals gave me, and I haven't gotten a single pimple or blackhead since. My face doesn't usually break out, but is very sensitive to makeup (I just recently started wearing makeup because of this reason - when I put any on my face, my face gets red, burns, and breaks out :( ) and Korres has worked all kinds of wonders. If you're not using this foundation, you are missing out!

on 3/11/2011 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like almost everyone else has said, this stuff is awesome. That said, I wasnt terribly impressed because, to me, its very very similar to my other favorite, Lancome Ageless Minerale. What makes this a winner is that it offers great coverage, goes on smoothly, brightens, offers great SPF and lasts. Only downside I can see is that you dont get a whole lot for the price. Because of this, like my Lancome Ageless Minerale, Ill keep this for special occasions only. I have many other mineral makeups I can use for day to day use.

When the sales associate put this on my face, my skin felt so real and not powdery at all. The staying power is better than BE and it feels like the powder is more fine as well. After a few hours, BE always gets a little cakey but this doesn't. I gave it 3 lippies because the color selection is terrible and it turns out that none of the colors match me anyways. Too pink for my asian skin tone! Also, they don't have the screw around sifter inside the container so all the powder can easily spill out. Maybe one day they'll come out with better colors. Until then, it's BE for me!

on 3/3/2011 5:56:00 PM

This is beautiful. BEAUTIFUL!! Buildable, healthy looking and natural, but porcelain. AHH, it is gorgeous! It lasts all day for me. I add my Revlon translucent photo ready to top after all makeup on, and all lasts. Please keep making this, cause I look younger, glowy and HAPPY!!!

At first, I wasn't in love with this product. I applied it sans primer around 7 am with sephora's mmu brush. When I looked in the mirror around noon, it had moved around on my nose and was pooled in these weird little round spots, but you could only see it up close, from a normal distance my skin still looked great. However, it saved the day yesterday when I cried all of my LM tinted moisturizer off. I needed a quick fix so I swiped it on where I needed and blended with the brush. voila! Now I make sure I use a primer and it stays all day, and I have received compliments on my flawless skin, which never happens! They didn't even believe I was wearing makeup. I will definitely buy again, as this is my new go-to daily foundation, due to the SPF30 and natural look. This would be great for summer. Just be sure to blend if you plan on building the coverage, as it could look cakey or powdery. Also, it didn't settle into my pores, and I have HUGE pores. Looks natural and "radiant" (really, it gives you a glow, without shine)

on 2/20/2011 6:32:00 PM

This is a beautiful product and I hope they continue to make it forever! The coverage is extremely buildable but natural, it's makes my skin look even and nearly-flawless without screaming "makeup". I would call it a satin finish, not matte but not "dewy" either (it is a powder after all!).
It applies easily and doesn't need 10 other products to make it look good (ahem, Bare Minerals). It lasts all day or all night. I work graveyards in a very physically demanding job and my makeup still looks fresh in the morning with just a blot about halfway through. It also works great at concealing my undereye circles when applied with the BE max coverage brush.
My only gripe- sometimes it accentuates dry areas if I haven't moisturizer first, and the shade selection is very small so I hope they come out with more shades in the future. For reference I am NC15 and "fair" works well for me.
It's $37 CAD at Sephora for a fairly large tub, it will easily last a year so cost-per-use is more than reasonable. Great product, Korres should be proud. :)

on 2/19/2011 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I find this to be a very average mineral makeup. First, I was really worried about the shades. There are only 4 and I'm super pale. The shade I ordered, "Fair", actually looked fine on my NC15 skin. What I didn't like was that I started getting itchy right after application. Even though this doesn't contain bismuth oxychloride, there's something in it that my skin doesn't like. It didn't make me break out, which is a huge feat in itself, but I didn't like the way it looked on my skin. It's quite sparkly like Bare Minerals, Laura Mercier mineral makeup and Merle Norman minerals, which I hate. That sparkle just seems to emphasize every little flaw I have. It wore pretty well throughout the day, but I wouldn't have minded if it didn't! LOL I've included a picture up top of "Fair" compared to some other pale mmu shades, for comparison. Korres is definitely the most sparkly. The others are all pretty matte, but Naturale Beaty seems to be the most matte, with Sephora in second.

on 2/10/2011 9:30:00 AM

I decided to try this based on a featured review here (how many of us can say that? haha) and am soooo glad I did.

My skin is: Lighter yellowy olive (I'm Greek). Pretty oily, though not like it was a while ago, some dry patches, prone to breakouts (though not sensitive, and products don't usually break me out). My main issue is that when I do get zits, they leave dark marks Voldemort could trademark. So I need some coverage.

I have been trying to make mineral makeup work for me for a while, mainly for the skin benefits and EASE OF APPLICATION. I am lazy and a couple swipes of the brush in the morning is appealing to me. I haven't tried as many foundations as a lot of people, but those I have tried have left me either itchy/rashy (BE), patchy, oily, and not covered (all others). Alima Pure came kind of close, but it provided NO oil control and the colors I tried always looked flat on me. Like they matched my skin, but I somehow looked bland, flat, drab, ashy (in its defense, it has about four ingredients and Alima is a great company). So I kept up with liquid foundations and it wasn't a big deal, until I tried Revlon Colorstay and had a major breakout situation, ugh. I was so mad because I loved it. Amazing coverage and wear. And it's cheap. Who the hell knows what's in that stuff, though.

(Sidenote, don't you love how people give you their foundation lifestory? It's like a soap opera for lots of us)

So I had it in my mind to try mineral makeup again. Then I saw the review. Then I bought this stuff. And it's pretty much love.

It has SPF 30. Which is awesome (esp. in summer when I do not want to put more stuff on my face). It applies so easily, no kabuki gymnastics (I use my Ecotools retractable). The finish: IT HAS COVERAGE. Even, smooth coverage. Looks a bit powdery at first, then "melts." It provides this seamless, blurry effect that doesn't exactly look like you have no makeup on, but it looks natural, and it looks good. A little bit of sparkle action, but not crazy noticeable, just glowy. It lasts all day. With or without primer. How is this even possible? No breakouts. My skin looks flawless without looking too made up.

The only con I can really think of is the shade selection. There are only four shades. I initially tried the second darkest (Light?), but it ended up being a bit too orange-y on me, esp. with blush and stuff. Fair is a smidge too light but it works well with the rest of my makeup. This is a first for me, as I am never the lightest shade...I have olive skin! Weird. The shades are well blended though, so I think many people can find a match. But really...four shades?? It's a little under 30 bucks. Not terrible. It takes me like a year to go through a bottle of liquid foundation, though, I feel like I'll get a couple months out of this, max. Oh well. Worth it. Oh, and you'll need to moisturize. It is a powder, after all.

Final note on this novel I just typed- I totally love Korres (and not just because of the Greek factor haha). I have tried most of their products and the formulas are top notch. Their cherry oil gloss is my jam. I think about their textures like I salivate over dessert...no joke. If they could expand their shade selection to include more fun colors, I'd probably buy them out.

on 2/7/2011 11:45:00 AM

I have to agree..this is a great mineral foundation. At my age, it's hard to find one that doesn't age us, but this looks soft and smooth and doesn't accentuate whatever lines or pores I happen to have. I was matched to the second color.light....I think, but I'm going back for the fair after trying the sample today. The fair has less pigment and just looks more natural on me..but still has enough color. I'm a neutral with warm undertones and usually don't wear the very lightest shades if they are pink based, but this seems to have a yellow base...which works for me. I really like the ease of the mineral foundation and even though I will wear a higher SPF sunscrreen under it...I do like the 30SPF. I'm also wearing my Origins vitazing under it and that works also.