Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This does cover good and make your pores look smaller but it smells horribly, breaks me out and gets everywhere.

The holy grail powder for me. I'm very fair skin toned so the color is perfect for me. Sets my makeup perfectly all day, keeps the oil under control. Plus dirt cheap and one container probably lasts me nine months. Been using this product fot over ten years and every time I'm forced to try something else I'm left disappointed. It's getting harder to find though which makes me worried.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The only thing that deserves 5 stars about this, is the packaging. I love vintage cosmetics, and Coty is good about keeping that very vintage packaging. Let me just warn my fellow acne prone, oily ladies because this stuff severely broke me out. I do have very sensitive skin, and I should have known by the awful perfume fragrance not to risk it, but I did. I honestly gave it a shot after my favorite YouTubers swear by this, but I still don't see why. It oxidized tremendously, smells awful, and makes a huge mess. Rimmel match perfection loose powder is 100% better than this, and sets to perfection making your skin look airbrushed.

on 12/27/2016 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this powder! I've been using it for baking my concealer. It works really well!!! I must admit though , I'm a little concerned about the talc. I'll need to do some more research.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this product on the walmart website because of all the hype. bottom line if you're medium or dark tone do not buy this product it makes your face look very ashy and leaves a white cast and if im putting on powder i dont see the use of setting my foundation with this then having to go back with a darker powder to get rid of the whitecast its to much powder and will make u look old and dried up. If you got some color stay away

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I liked this loose powder for a long time but it's just not doing it for me. It doesn't have enough oil control for my super oily skin. After reading some of the other reviews, the talc is starting to freak me out a little bit. I'm almost considering buying a different loose powder because I didn't know that talc could cause ovarian cancer. I don't care for the fragrance either. It smells so bad oh my goodness. The only thing I like about this powder is how good it is for baking. Other than that, it's a pretty average powder. I just really wish they would get rid of the talc.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Ohh this powder has never failed me! It's a timeless classic that works so well. I had only ever used the translucent extra coverage. The container always lasts me over a year! You just cannot go wrong with this! Always one of my hg!! :)

on 11/21/2016 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you watch day time tv ever, you've probably seen the lawyer commercials encouraging you to call them if you or a loved one was diagnosed or died of ovarian cancer after using talc/talcum powder. There have been some recent studies indicating talc increases the chance of ovarian cancer, which is usually fatal by the time it's diagnosed, and 2-3 large jury verdicts in court (which as sure to be substantially reduced on appeal). Talc is found in a good few face powders too, esp old ones.

You don't apply talc directly to your ovaries to increase your risk/development of ovarian cancer: you just put it on your skin, which is the largest organ of your body. Think of it as laying in a cancer bed or out in the sun. It's an unnecessary, ridiculous risk, it's totally avoidable, and you can do without a form of cancer that often isn't caught until it's affected other organs, causing another cancer that's readily noticeable.

Talc is the primary ingredient in this great grandma powder. I'm 45, and this was some stuff one or two of my GREAT grandmas had on hand. It still smells like it's been sitting in on a vanity for 125 years, just like it did back in 1976. It's cool that it carried a color called Rachel (a fair that shows up almost white), but it's crap.

I'm not joking about that. If you're still using this stuff, you need to stop immediately & check labels for being talc-free--ovarian cancer is esp ugly & can strike YOUNG (I had a cousin who died from it at 32). Everything new on the market, and there's plenty for the same price, have beautiful finishes & don't get thick on the skin like Coty's Airspun does. It has so much dry white talc, it delivers a visible layer right out the gate & pulls way ahead with additional layers. It has to have other tinted pigments to tame the talc! And sure it has some absorbency, but think about putting a lot of body powder in your shoes & wearing them barefoot after a work out: the excess powder clumps up/looks clumpy. I would venture to say it the absolute bottom of the market in performance.

Please don't buy this. It smells 125 years old, everybody can see you're wearing powder that's too light b/c how much white talc is in it, & talc, the primary ingredient, is known carcinogen for a cancer that usually isn't caught until it's a very high death risk (as is SKIN CANCER, mademoiselles). Throw it away and enjoy the pursuit of so many delightful powders out there that deliver angelic finishes while doing what else you want it to.

Love this powder, I replaced my Laura Mercier setting powder with this one. Smell is a little over powering, but not the worst smell in the world! Hopefully I can find this in the UK!

on 12/27/2016 3:20:00 PM

Totally different now that it is made in china. Don't waste your money. Its not the powder people have loved for years