Victoria's Secret BOMBSHELL

Victoria's Secret BOMBSHELL
BOMBSHELLBOMBSHELL

3.9

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on my 2nd 100ml bottle. I keep going back to this scent.

I have mild asthma, so i cannot use most perfumes out there. My perfume needs to be light to moderate in strength (i cannot stand the scent of chanel no5 for instance) and long lasting, with sweet vanilla, fresh and citrus notes. This one is perfect for me. It lasts all day but i only catch a whiff every once in a while. It makes me feel feminine and happy everytime i do :) It's both sweet and clean.

I also love the packaging. Simple, elegant and useful. Looks so pretty on the vanity table like a huge pink gemstone.

It's not a downside but i really think VS should make a purse-sized pen applicator for this like they did for some of their fragrances. Preferably a refillable one :)

I bought 4 or their fragrances and swatched all of them in stores and i think this is the best perfume VS has come up with.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

When I first tried this, I was in love with it! I thought it was a very sexy, perfect for date night scent! I always assumed (wrongly) that Victoria's Secret fragrances would smell cheap/body splash-like. Turns out they have many EDP options to choose from that are beautiful!
However, after a few more uses of this fragrance I started to pick up on what the other reviews have described as a masculine scent. No, it doesn't smell like mens' cologne or anything, but every so often throughout the day/night a manly, musky, scent creeps up on me! Despite all this, I'm still a fan of this fragrance. The website describes the "dry-down notes" as musk, blonde woods, and oakmoss. I think this is what must be contributing to those who feel it is masculine at times. Overall, I think this is a very unique, sexy fragrance that is quite strong, even overpowering at times. If that's not your thing, I'd try something more along the lines of Heavenly or the Dream Angels collection.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Masculine? I have read so many reviews that describe this perfume/spray with that word. I personally don't get it. I do get the crisp/clean aspect of this spray, but this scent is far from masculine. I think this is a great smell for spring and summer, but I also think it could be a year-round scent, as well. It has a soft, crisp, warm weather appeal to it, but I think it is amazing. I wouldn't say that this is my HG, but it is definitely one that I will reach for often! Definitely worth a try!!

on 6/18/2014 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I could not for the life of me figure out how people said that this smells masculine until i actually purchased it versus spraying myself in store. Ok it is very much girly. No man would want to smell like it. The scent that makes it clean yet "manly" smelling is the undertone of shaving cream. Add sweetness(kind of like pink bubble gum) and a hint of citrus on top of generic men's shaving cream and you have victoria's secret bombshell.

This fragrance reminds me of Hampton by bond no 9. They dont smell anything a like but they have the masculine undertone yet most men think is too sweet and girly. Also they both have hints of that men's grooming product swmell. Neither of theses are as masculine as the scent of chi silk infusion.

Its not my favorite but i've gotten complements while wearing it. Also its a different kind of clean smell. It not powdery fresh, soapy, nor cottony. Its grooming product clean.

While im not sure if i will repurchase it, i will definitely be using it.

on 4/29/2014 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I prefer the Bombshell Body Mist and I use it every day. This works really well with my skin chemistry and this is my everyday go to fragrance. I like to smell fresh and clean and feminine and this does it for me. I am sensitive to strong musky perfumes and this doesn't trigger any of my allergies. I spritz this all over and go!

Great processing, spicey, memorable, long lasting... It's great.very sexy and fits everyone. Smells like angels & Demond's (pink & white bottles version) by Gyvenchy (spelling? Lol)

on 3/3/2014 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Bombshell is VS's #1 seller, they say. A fruity-floral with an aromatic, tart, crisp, zesty citrus twang. A sweet-tart aromatic fruity-floral. It has energy, for sure. Definitely has zing & pizzazz -- but verges on being harsh & pungent, like a citrus-scented furniture polish or floor cleaner. Must be spritzed with care.

Psychologically, it does perk me up -- energizes & cheers -- helps me to focus & get things done -- inspires confidence -- quite a good pick-me-up & mood lifter. Fresh, sweet, juicy-fruity, & zingy. But almost too pungent, and the pungency never goes away. Smells like a sharp grapefruit-berry-floral, to me, although there's no grapefruit in the note list below.

Launched in 2010, here are the notes, per VictoriasSecret.com:

Top notes -- Tangelo, pineapple, strawberry, purple passion fruit
Middle notes -- Jasmine, red berries, muguet, Shangri-la peony, vanilla orchid
Dry-down notes -- Musk, blonde woods, oakmoss

Bombshell won a FiFi award in 3 categories in 2011.

There's an InStyle dupe at Walgreen that is spot-on accurate. A 3.4oz bottle of this dupe is normally $11.99, but I've seen it on sale for $7.99 (maybe with a Walgreen discount card). I also think Salvatore Ferragamo's Incanto Shine smells like a softer, friendlier version of Bombshell -- not as aromatic, but similar. Body Fantasies "Romance & Dreams" (CVS) also smells like Bombshell to me. All are milder & less pungent than the real thing.

I just went to a gas station and stood in the cashier line behind two young pretty 20-ish girls, one of whom was obviously wearing Bombshell. The strength was fine -- but I just did not enjoy the scent. Reminded me of that horrible Satsuma from The Body Shop, which I always hated and you could smell all over the mall -- like sour pungent acidic tangerines -- too aromatic & bitey.

I've seen online that Bombshell supposedly works very well as a mosquito repellent -- even better than Avon Skin-So-Soft. It might be a good one to wear to outdoor picnics & BBQs.

ADDENDUM 12/1/16: After reading raves on the VS website yesterday, I'm wearing my Bombshell EDP again today. Crisp, zingy, juicy, perky. I'd put it in the same general category as Versace Bright Crystal, Clinique Happy, Chance Eau Vive, Brit Sheer, DKNY Be Delicious -- and I've never loved any of these, because they just wind up smelling sour and bitey to me -- and annoying.

on 3/25/2014 3:01:00 AM

Reminds me of a couple men's products-a hair gel and a cologne that I have smelled before-but in a good way. It's very fresh and clean but pretty at the same time. I want to note that I have tried both the perfume and the body mist and I can definitely tell a difference! First off, the scent. The body mist smells like hair spray to me, it lacks a certain freshness that the perfume has. And second, the body mist really doesn't last any longer than 20 minutes on me. The perfume, I have sprayed before a night out, and I was still able to smell it in the morning. To me, it's worth it to shell out the extra $ for the perfume.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My fave perfume ever! This has such a feminine and clean scent, and is very unique in my opinion. It's so hard to find a perfume that isn't too floral or fruity. To me, it almost smells like a clean "shampoo" smell, which I love! I bought mine on ebay for pretty cheap. I get complements on it when I wear it (even from men). It lasts a while also, which is important and also hard to find! Definitely my everyday perfume. I will continue to buy and they better not ever discontinue.

on 3/18/2014 4:18:00 PM

This is for the limited ediition of Bombshell Italian Iris which is no longer available---boo hoo.
I bought this at their sale last fall and actually wanted the body cream which I dont think was made available. This perfume has poppy, iris and orris root. When sprayed it is very clean but definitely smells of citrus but the citrus is soft and doesnt turn sour. I love this perfume bec it doesnt have a lot of sugary sweetness to it, no caramel to turn sour, no cotton candy just a soft orange-lime smell that makes me smile. I dont have to worry that somebody beside me is going to run away bec the scent is hostile to them, this scent is serene and makes me feel cozy. It has no smoke to the scent, no harsh biting scent to the nostrils. The drydown is awesome, it is soft, warm and has a sort of powdery presence to it yet doesnt smell like baby powder. The bottle is gorgeous and a lot of thought was made regarding the scent and the bottle. This perfume doesnt remind me of the original Bombshell which I do not like as it makes me sneeze and is too masculine to me. I am sorry I didnt purchase more than one bottle.

Popular Fragrances