Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I think this palette is really nice. The packaging is adorable. The eyeshadows are silky smooth and are nice neutral tones. You get 3 matte shades~a pale vanilla, taupey brown, and a gorgeous pigmented rich black. The other shades are a soft pale taupe with a satiny finish, a frosty peachy pink with a golden sheen, a pale neutral baby pink with sparkles, a medium toned duo chrome grey, and a rich greyish brown that also has a duo chrome finish. I can do daytime looks and sexy night time looks with this kit and I love that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this months ago because i've been looking for a cool toned neutral palette. The colors and packaging are absolutely beautiful but that's pretty much where my love for this product ends. The eyeshadows are extremely powdery and have horrible fallout. I generally don't use these shadows during the day just because of the shimmery/glittery fallout. The pigmentation is complete crap to be honest. Although I have found that by using sponge tip applicators I get more pigment to show as opposed to using regular eyeshadow brushes. Now when the eyeshadows are used wet that is a completely different story. They are gorgeous when they are wet and honestly that's the only way I can use these. So if you're having problems with the pigmentation try using them wet. You shouldn't have to do that to get good color payoff which is why I have a love hate relationship with this palette but it's the only cool toned neutral palette that I have found so far. My favorite colors are Lap Dance, Like A Virgin and In The Buff. I'm unsure as to whether or not I would purchase this again because the pigmentation is just not up to par. If the pigmentation was better and there was less fallout this would be the perfect palette for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like too faced packaging because it is very feminine and cutesy. Pink is my favorite color and they are heavy on the pink in their packaging. I love this kit because it is for creating exactly what it is supposed to which is a naked eye. If your looking for bold, standout or dramatic eyes, this kit will disappoint you and I would aim for the smokey eye kit instead. I love a natural yet feminine and soft pretty look for every day eyes, and so this kit is ideal for me. For the record, I use either the too faced shadow insurance or the udpp and it lasts until I remove it at the end of the night. I also find that even though a couple of the shadows have shimmer and a touch of glitter, it does not give a metallic or overly shimmery look. It is definitely more toned down.

on 1/24/2012 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great eyeshadow palette that I use everyday. It can be subtle enough for day, or you can glam it up for night. I usually use the fashion eyeshadow to highlight my browbone, or if I'm feeling in a hurry, I sweep this across my whole lid for a little shimmer. Then there are darker shadows for the crease of the lids. A very beautiful makeup kit for sure, and since I see that one of my eyeshadows is getting low, I am preparing to replace this essential for me :)

on 1/27/2012 2:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Pros: I like how this palette has a versatile range of neutrals that all work well together. It also applies very nicely-- there's enough color but it's not too pigmented where it looks "ruddy" on my skin.

Cons: I really dislike how bulky the packaging is. It takes up more than half of my makeup bag. I think it would be better if they made the packaging thinner by getting rid of the compartment that holds the brush. Seriously... the brush and its compartment is just a waste of space

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette it's a perfect natural and smokey eye palette I have hit pan on all of the eyeshadow except for like a virgin and unmentionables because they are much to dark for me but other than that LOVE this product eyeshadows are very pigmented and creamy and just apply perfectly to the eye area would recommend this to everybody

on 11/28/2011 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this palette for the soft colors like the pink and taupe colors. This is good for an everyday look but not pigmented enough for a real smokey eye evening look. As other reviewers mentioned, it is a bit powdery but I still like the colors and like the subtle wash it gives for an everyday look. If it wasn't as powdery, it would be awesome. But overall, I still like it. You can match the colors to any clothing and color so you can always use it. If only the UD Naked Palette had these colors, I would've bought it right away since the pigmentation is better. But overall, still a very decent palette for beginners and everyday looks.

on 11/26/2011 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Overall, I am unimpressed with this palette. I wanted to love it, but sadly...it's too powdery & doesn't have enough pigment.

The packaging is cute, but bulky, hence the low rating. You have to use a LOT of this to get much color at all and then you're left with a powdery eyelid. Not for me.

This is meant for a sheer, soft look, and that is what you can get with this look. The colors (except for Like a Virgin and In the Buff) all have a very soft shimmer that makes your eyes look dewy, not glittery. I have warm toned skin (NC30) but I can pull these cooler-toned colors off because they are so soft.

I love these for just an everyday wash of color because they are so sheer and subtle. However, the darker colors (Like a Virgin, Unmentionables, Lap Dance, Stiletto) are definitely buildable. It just takes some patience.

The formula is quite soft, but a little powdery. I find I don't get a lot of fallout from these shadows, and in fact when I tap the brush off I get little to no color payoff (because all the powder just flies away!) So I would suggest only lightly tapping the brush off and/or building color slowly.

Also, be careful not to cake on the product to get the color in the pan, because I find that it WILL crease, even over a good primer.

Overall, I do love it, but I am a very subtle makeup kind of girl. It's all relative to what you are looking for.

CHECK IT OUT IF:
- You want some sheer, cool-toned colors with some nice shimmer
- You are looking for a very subtle, muted everyday palette
- You want to try cool-toned shades (taupes and icy pinks) but you're a little scared of them
- You are in search of a good everyday palette

SKIP IF:
- You want heavily pigmented colors, cause you ain't gonna get it, even with a primer.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I like this kit but it's true that it's semi sheer and a little powdery. They kinda remind me of NARS shadows. They need primer and applying them wet or in layers is what you have to do to have bold pigment. But they are gorgeous for everyday looks or if you just love a lighter look(which I do). The packaging is thick for a palette but it's pretty to leave out on your vanity. The brush is nice too.