Urban Decay NAKED

Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

When I first got this, it was all I used. Then I started getting other palettes and realized I'm not much of a fan. I liked the primer potion sample, but that's long gone. I've had this for about 5-6 years and I just don't reach for it anymore. It feels very outdated and I have palettes that perform far better. The shimmers have (maybe had, I could have an older version) a lot of fallout, I always end up with glitter under my eyes when I use this, but when I use my ammo palette, I have no problem with fallout. I don't want to get rid of it because it was one of my first palettes but it doesn't do much for me. also the brush is crap, I never reach for that either.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only palette of neutrals you'll ever need, ever. I promise.

Sure there are lots of other buttery and beautiful palettes out there that all promise the same thing, but this one will actually deliver. Why? There are a few reasons:

There is a great mix of warm and cool neutrals in this palette that can be mixed and blended to suit any skin tone and makeup look. You don't even need eyeliner because Creep (black) is so densely pigmented that you can wet an eyeliner brush and use this as eyeliner instead. I frequently do this since my eyelids are becoming more crepey as I get older and I dislike the drag of eyeliners, even the gel ones.

The formulas are like butter. Right on par with Lorac eye shadows. I find myself reaching for this palette more than my Lorac Pro palette on most mornings because I need to get out the door not looking like a hobo, and Urban Decay knocks this out of the park for me. The formula is so creamy that I'm able to literally smear some shadow on my eyelids and make it work. Not ideal, but possible nonetheless (and sometimes necessary... we all have hangover days).

I have oily lids so I don't usually get good longevity from any shadows, so I use a primer no matter what. I'm still able to smear color on top of the primer with my finger if necessary and still manage to look polished. With primer, I'm able to get 14 hours of wear before creasing. That's a bunch of craptastic meetings, irksome phone calls, too many emails to count, and several glasses of wine in a major city. Not bad.

Overall, if you need a multi-tasking palette that is both natural and can be played up depending on the time of day, the original UD palette is your best bet.

The naked palettes are a great line for every day looks.

I think this is a great palette for someone looking for every day wear to work makeup that can also be played up for a more dramatic nighttime look. Timeless colours that will never go out of style.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I wanted a neutrals palette and found myself between the Naked family and the Chocolate Bar family. Both known for quality, so I couldn't go wrong, right?

I decided on Naked. I already had an urban decay single (Blackout. A truer black, you will never find!) and was impressed with the quality. Now between the Nakeds - 1,2 &3. I love both one and two. After a brief mental romance with three, I decided that 1 & 2 were the top contenders. I was so concerned about the mount of shimmer and what that would look like on me.

Naked1 was the first one that I tried and though I was threatened by the sparkle (Smashbox Full Exposure traumatized me as far as glitter goes) it went on like a dream. The transitions. The blending. First look out of the gate looked amazing. This look also lasted forever. Looked the same when I removed it that night as it did the morning. Little fallout. No creasing or patchy places.

Update: this was my first palette. I now have many. I did get Naked2 but ended up getting rid of it. One Naked palette is enough for me. It was tough choosing between 1 and 2. I decided to keep Naked1 because it had more useable mattes. Urban Decay's mattes aren't very impressive, in my opinion, especially compared to Lorac and Tarte, etc. the shimmer shades (which make up most of this palette) are good, though. All of the shadows have great longevity, which is important to me. I still greatly enjoy this palette and one can never run out of different looks and tutorials to follow. I do pair it with matte shadows from other palettes. If I had to do it over again I would not have chosen a Naked palette. I would go with Lorac or Tarte. Lorac has better shimmers and mattes. I love almost all of Tarte's shadows. Both have better pigmentation. It's certainly not like I dislike this palette, I just think there are better options out there.

This palette is perfect for a nude, bronzy eye or a smokey eye. All the colours are really pigmented and last for ages. The colours are varied but I wish there was one or two bright contrasting colours. The packaging is great and I love how its covered in a velvet like material. I really liked how you receive a brush which you can use on a day to day basis and is in really good condition.

I bought all four of the naked palettes when I was just getting into makeup. They seemed perfect to me at first, however, now I realise that there are products out there that are easier to blend and have a wider variety of colours. My biggest issue with these palettes is that they seem a bit too similar to me and some shades overlap in several palettes, I feel like they should be a bit more varied. Also, I find the darker shades (such as the black and grey ones) very hard to blend out and quite patchy when swatched. But overall, it is a great palette for neutral looks and people who love golds and browns... however, do consider before buying several of these, whether you really need them as it is quite easy to get bored of the naked look.

on 12/17/2016 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Waffled a bit over whether this is a 4 or 5 for me, but went 5 as honestly I find it very easy to use and reach for it quite often in the morning, it's one of my go-tos. My biggest issues with the palette are the flocked velvet covering (it gets a bit gross and a lot of the gold foil text has worn off, I feel like the metal tin packaging of the Naked 2 & 3 palettes is so much nicer and I don't know why they didn't change this one to match when those were released) and the colour selection. I do feel like there are definitely some shades I would have liked to see included, and there are some shades I don't like or use as much... but honestly I could say the same for just about any palette and I already have those other shades I want in other singles and palettes so it's not a dealbreaker for me. Even if I don't use every shade it comes out roughly even price wise vs buying singles if I only like 3 shades, and a good deal if I like 4 or more so while it's not a cheap palette I do think it's very reasonable compared to their singles (and if you really love and use up one or two shades most of these are now permanently available in their singles line). I would say there are only 2 shades in this palette that I really don't use - Sidecar (which has glitter fallout) and Gunmetal (which just isn't a shade I reach for in general, not sure why they put a cool gunmetal shade in an otherwise very warm palette) and of the others some get used more than others but they all do get used. I can't complain about the quality of the eyeshadows and there are some beautiful colours in the palette. The included double ended brush isn't terrible but I only really reach for it if the rest of my brushes are dirty. I can understand why they include a brush but if I threw it out I wouldn't miss it. Is the palette overhyped? Probably - it's nothing groundbreaking or life changing. But I can certainly see why it's so popular, it's a solid palette with some beautiful eyeshadows that are very wearable for everyday.

on 12/15/2016 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This palette is good but not great.the price of it is not justified.

on 12/14/2016 4:23:00 PM

Ok , so to start I'd like to say this Palatte is nice , but I have to say I'm still not sure if I ' love ' it now this could be me having unrealistic expectation , but everyone talks of the great pigmentation - and for the cult classic half baked it just didn't live up . Now if I work well building this up ( whilst basically using up half the pan ) I can create a really pretty look and I will repurchase because I'm a fan of goldy brown looks they compliment my grey blue she just in not sure yet if this is the best pallete . I'm trying y get my hands on the too faced chocolate bar Palatte currently to see if that will cut it , but my judgment seems to sway with this product from like to love and to be honest and think part of that sway toward love is the influence of other loving and obsessing over it whilst I want to love it really bad , but I just build it up so much in my head this Palatte didn't live up to my great expectations . Aside from half baked the pigment seems to be good I would say sin was a bit under pigmented and side car gave me too much fallout however At the end of the day many of you will be looking for a reeled in look for day to day life which this Palatte could be great for and why I gave it the 4 star review I did .

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My top overrated makeup palette. All the colors are decent, but not spectacular in any way. The shadows aren't too blendable and there are sooo many cheaper drugstore alternatives to this palette that are equal or superior to this one.

Save your money!