Laura Mercier L'Heure Magique

No Image

L'Heure Magique sounded promising and was getting raves, so I ordered it unsniffed and was disappointed. It was warm (like I like them), but was too fresh & sharp for me - and had no vanilla in dry down. This is in same category as Allure & Sensi - sheer warm orientals - but it's too thin & crisp & sharp for me - gave it away. Don't like the heavy pewter cap either.

on 5/23/2004 12:08:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have been using this as my winter day fragrance. It holds up well and is not heavy or cloying. My husband likes it a lot. As others have said, the cap is really heavy. But it just sits on my dresser, so I guess I don't care! :-)

Seriously stinky !!!!
My son who normally loves all my perfumes smelled it on me and pinched his nose and begged me to wash it off and never wear it again..I have to agree with him. My chemistry wasn't the problem either. We hated it at first sniff. Unless I got a bad bottle, this stuff is awful. So strong, and powdery..ick. I let a few of my friends smell it and they all felt the same way. I had tried Eau de lune first and I was so impressed that I had to try this...I wish I hadnt now. I was shocked that they would differ so much.

on 3/21/2004 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Okay--now THIS perfume was totally worth the price. I love it! So while the packaging stinks (the cap can be used as a self-defense weapon), the perfume is just amazing. Very complex. No whiffs of cheap drugstore undertone. No headachey overly strong intensity. Lasts very well on me and doesn't turn odd after an hour or two of wear. I wish it were possible to get a "travel" size, though. I travel a lot and there is no way to lug this kind of bottle around.

on 3/11/2004 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

L'Heure Magique is lovely. It creates a sensual, sexy, gorgeous ambience as it warms on my skin. I have stopped counting compliments, as they are so numerous! I smell like an evening garden in a lush climate. Notes: Pikake, bergamot, white rose,pink geranium, spices,sandalwood,amber, cashmere musk.

on 3/11/2004 11:57:00 AM

Beautiful fragrance that smells new every time I apply it. My only complaints are that it doesn't have good staying power on me, especially for an EDP, and of course, the miserable bottle top. Edit: Smells kind of generic to me now...which is disappointing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this scent!! I have tried every perfume and this is my Number One. It just has that warm snuggly smell, and on my skin, I can smell this faint scent of honey. Very good for fall and winter.

on 2/16/2004 8:43:00 PM

Love this scent. I am very sensitive to scents and this one is tops. I get so many compliments.

on 2/12/2004 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The smell is actually offensive and clung to my skin long after I tried it. Avoid.

on 2/10/2004 11:25:00 PM

I bought this based on the good reviews posted here. I was fairly disappointed when it arrived. It just didn't seem to be the way it was described. Anyway, just smelled too "old" and too "floral" for me. Just my opinion though. :)

Popular Fragrances