Chanel Chance

Chanel Chance
Chance

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have allergies and normally all perfume will make me sneeze and sometimes I have a hard time breathing. This perfume does not bother me. I also have weird body chemistry and usually makes all perfumes smell like pickle juice on me. Yes, somebody once told me that. Chanel perfume does not do this to me. This is by far my most favorite Chanel perfume. I get so many compliments from people. This is my all year around perfume. One spray in the morning will last all day. Don't over do it.

Update 10/3/2017: I wear this occasionally, it has been in my drawer for 7 years and it still smells amazing. The Chanel fragrance lady says that is because Chanel uses real flowers for their fragrances and not chemicals. I did not realize that. Due to longevity, I will stick with Chanel.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Chanel Chance is strong and dark, a perfume of perfumes, but for a youthful demographic not yet prepared to plunge into the full figured offerings that we call No 5, Coco Mademoiselle, Bois des Isles, or Coromandel. This is an effortless Chanel, a transitional Chanel. Sweet, candid, agreeable until it possibly turns into prickly wood shavings and powder, a mix of aromas that makes me wonder what I just applied to my skin. Going from the peppery fruit salad of lemon and pineapple to the saw dust with acidic overtones of the vetiver and patch strikes me as a decidedly unpleasant dissociative journey. However, this sharp, dry end stage does not always appear. I can and do often enjoy a bland sophistication, though it is not distinguished enough for me to escape conventionality. In a word, Chance bores one; Chanel has bottled tedium in an even more unappetizing round vessle. Do not bother sampling unless you find no better choice. Plus, the poor EDP longevity with the price does not do the scent any favors. My review must finish here. There is nothing left to say. Notes: Pink pepper, citron, pineapple, hyacinth, jasmine, iris, patchouli, vetiver, white musk, vanilla.

Love. Very fresh smell.

on 11/1/2014 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love Chance! Some say they prefer it for warm weather but I love this during the cooler months - especially paired with a gourmand lotion. I think I prefer the EDP to the EDT - the EDT doesn't smell as crisp, but does smell just as clean! The bottle is so simple but glamorous, and I would most definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Packaging is super cute. Super expensive. However, I was so disappointed by this. It smelled gorgeous in the bottle but when I sprayed it on me, it didn't settle well. It smelled very sour and disgusting. All I could think of was that this smelled like acid. I really wanted this to work for me but it didn't. :(

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I took a test strip in a packet of this home so here is my review based on that only....
....Chance is for going out, you will smell like a Goddess.
Chance I can understand Its vibe already, it will transform you into a super-social lady with loads and loads and loads of enthusiasm and energy. Everyone will notice you, think you are stunning,
Chance is an accessory it will project your image and speak volumes for you.

This is one of Chanel's best fragrances, if not #1. It can be worn by any age, and it seems to smell lovely on everyone. The smell is young, but still very elegant, very "Chanel." You feel sophisticated wearing this without feeling like you're wearing your grandmother's perfume. The bottle isn't elaborate, but it looks elegant displayed on a vanity table. I own the EDP (which has great lasting power), but the EDT and the Eau Tendre versions are also good as well. (Check out the Eau Tendre if you're a big Marc Jacobs Daisy fan.)

on 6/2/2014 12:01:00 AM

Birthday present from my husband, smells so good! Flower scent, a feel of sweet, does anyone think this one is similar to Marc Jacobs Daisy? But this one is sweeter.

Chance, oh how I love thee. I was 19 years old when I found you, you were my first ever Chanel experience, yet you remain one of my absolute favorites. You're not nearly as heavy as No. 5, yet you're far more zesty than Coco Mademoiselle.

Now that I'm 30, I find that I've just now come to realize how much I appreciate you and all your spicy characteristics. Your pepper alone makes me feel fiery and alive. You have a slight oriental vibe that could, early on, be mistaken as masculine, but that soon softens into pure sophistication.

You're mature and elegant, and you make me feel the same. One spritz in my hair and you last for 48 hours. I can still smell you on my pillow. I don't care if anyone around me has an aversion to you, not that I've *ever* experienced that - quite the opposite. Men adore you and women are jealous of you. You will forever be a staple in my perfume collection.

It is my fragrance! I like the smell and it feels fresh and fruity and nice and elegant and cute all at the same time.

Popular Fragrances