CHANEL Chance

CHANEL Chance
Chance

3.8

Okay so I got this as a gift from my aunt this year, and I'm a real fan of anything expensive (I need to stop) and getting my hands on a Chanel perfume was a dream come true for me.
This has a really sweet powdery smell; like how you would expect a ballerina in a pink tutu to smell like, it's really nice during daytime if you're feeling really cutesy or you're rocking your new summer dress. But I wouldn't wear it on a party or a really bold night out.
The bottle was really pretty and elegant; and I don't know why but after about three weeks it was really hard to spray it on, the thing kept getting stuck! I had to spray it away from me for a couple of times before I could get hold of a proper puff of Fragrance out of that.
I wear this mostly if I'm wearing a light dress out, and I noticed so many kids love it (I volunteer at an orphanage) they kept saying things like "you smell like a princess" or "you smell so pretty"
It doesn't last THAT long though; a couple of hours maybe, I bet this is marketed at teens because this stuff is really catchy. You wouldn't want to make this your signature scent or to be known wearing this, it's not that notable. But if you're looking for a nice day out for a couple of hours this can make you feel really happy and pumped up, like a little girl.
I didn't get any comments from older people though; my mom once told me I smelled good, and my classmates commented on how nice I smelled :)
Bottom line, this is a pretty good spring/summer day out perfume, all in good fun and nothing too bold or head turning if that's what you're looking for.

It's a very pretty scent, very feminine, but it has some powdery undertones which I don't particularly care for over scents that don't. The first time I smelled this I bought a bottle but it's rarely used.

on 12/28/2014 2:36:00 PM

Sweet, young, and floral. Too floral for my preference.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have allergies and normally all perfume will make me sneeze and sometimes I have a hard time breathing. This perfume does not bother me. I also have weird body chemistry and usually makes all perfumes smell like pickle juice on me. Yes, somebody once told me that. Chanel perfume does not do this to me. This is by far my most favorite Chanel perfume. I get so many compliments from people. This is my all year around perfume. One spray in the morning will last all day. Don't over do it.

Update 10/3/2017: I wear this occasionally, it has been in my drawer for 7 years and it still smells amazing. The Chanel fragrance lady says that is because Chanel uses real flowers for their fragrances and not chemicals. I did not realize that. Due to longevity, I will stick with Chanel.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Chanel Chance is strong and dark, a perfume of perfumes, but for a youthful demographic not yet prepared to plunge into the full figured offerings that we call No 5, Coco Mademoiselle, Bois des Isles, or Coromandel. This is an effortless Chanel, a transitional Chanel. Sweet, candid, agreeable until it possibly turns into prickly wood shavings and powder, a mix of aromas that makes me wonder what I just applied to my skin. Going from the peppery fruit salad of lemon and pineapple to the saw dust with acidic overtones of the vetiver and patch strikes me as a decidedly unpleasant dissociative journey. However, this sharp, dry end stage does not always appear. I can and do often enjoy a bland sophistication, though it is not distinguished enough for me to escape conventionality. In a word, Chance bores one; Chanel has bottled tedium in an even more unappetizing round vessle. Do not bother sampling unless you find no better choice. Plus, the poor EDP longevity with the price does not do the scent any favors. My review must finish here. There is nothing left to say. Notes: Pink pepper, citron, pineapple, hyacinth, jasmine, iris, patchouli, vetiver, white musk, vanilla.

on 11/1/2014 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love Chance! Some say they prefer it for warm weather but I love this during the cooler months - especially paired with a gourmand lotion. I think I prefer the EDP to the EDT - the EDT doesn't smell as crisp, but does smell just as clean! The bottle is so simple but glamorous, and I would most definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Packaging is super cute. Super expensive. However, I was so disappointed by this. It smelled gorgeous in the bottle but when I sprayed it on me, it didn't settle well. It smelled very sour and disgusting. All I could think of was that this smelled like acid. I really wanted this to work for me but it didn't. :(

Love. Very fresh smell.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I took a test strip in a packet of this home so here is my review based on that only....
....Chance is for going out, you will smell like a Goddess.
Chance I can understand Its vibe already, it will transform you into a super-social lady with loads and loads and loads of enthusiasm and energy. Everyone will notice you, think you are stunning,
Chance is an accessory it will project your image and speak volumes for you.

on 6/2/2014 12:01:00 AM

Birthday present from my husband, smells so good! Flower scent, a feel of sweet, does anyone think this one is similar to Marc Jacobs Daisy? But this one is sweeter.