Stila Lip glaze

Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.1

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Review on the Fiesta Set lip glaze trio

Last year there was a summer themed lip glaze trio which featured the shades Kitten, Maraca and Pinata. The set was 12 dollars at Sephora near the register, and I had already planned on getting it, since these have been so hyped over the years. I have a Stila shadow palette which is great so I figured the glosses would also be great! The click pen is OK- it does get a little gloopy on the brush which will transfer to the cap, but that's easy enough to clean if it gets too messy. I feel like it takes a little while to crank the product up and you usually will get more than a lip application's worth, but that's OK. You also don't get a ton of product in these pens- only .05 fl. ounces. To me, that's OK since I only use these occasionally. Texture wise they are thick and sticky but that a good thing because it insures your gloss won't simply evaporate off your lips or fade away, as most cheap glosses do. The plastic brush head works well enough for application but I can't guarantee it is sanitary- its really meant for personal use, although you could sanitize it if you needed to. Cons aside, I don't mind a little goopiness if it serves the purpose of lengthening wear time!

Color wise Kitten is probably my fave of the trio (I realized she is missing and am a wee bit panicky). Its a color that is in the permanent line if you will, and I assume its included in their other sets- possibly the holiday ones? Its a gorgeous pinky/nude/beige color with golden micro-glitter if I can recall accurately. I love it over nude lipstick, its an excellent companion. Maraca is a light, sort of medium pink, no glitter but high shine and has a fruity smell. It also would work great over a nude or light pink lippie. Pinata is a fun one- bright, juicy pink with gold micro-glitter and a fake peach/fruity smell. I like pairing this will purple on the eyes.

The package these came in was also cute- little colorful polka dots all over! So, all in all I really like these, but they are not 100% fuss-free. They all provide tremendous shine and great, durable, color pay off. They are very pigmented glosses, but not as much as a liquid lipstick. If you're tired of your lip glosses fading, losing shine or appearing pigmented in the package but wear only clear on, I've got the answer for you! These are one of those products that is more worth the hype it receives and maintains!

on 7/12/2013 10:59:00 AM

These are the thickest and stickiest lip glosses I have ever used. They feel so heavy on the lips and I hate it.

Got one of these for free & I don't really care for it. It's pretty sticky too.

I don't know why the star rating of the is a 3 because it's absolutely amazing to me. I got a seven set one and it wasn't very expensive. They sell it in sets which make it very affordable and reasonable. I love the colors that it comes in and the gloss and shine is amazing. Honestly, it is barely as sticky as the glosses that I bought from clinique. I love it!

on 4/25/2013 2:26:00 PM

I didn't actually buy them-got them as a present so didnt realise how expensive they were until i looked them up now
I have i think 6 or 7 of these in lots of diffrent colours, some with shimmer some without
They are very sticky which i personally dont mind but if you do i wouldnt advise trying these
I love all of the colours of these and they give a long lasting shine which is great
But if i had to pay with them from my own money im not sure that i would as there is probably similar drugstore equivelants
Love the packaging though
I quite like them though

Comes in a lot of colors. I received a set of about 10 as a gift, so I have tried many colors. Some are way too light and frosty looking, others are nice with a medium amount of subtle color. This is your average sticky gloss but for a higher than average price.

on 1/29/2013 6:32:00 PM

I bought this in a set called "All is Bright" so it wasn't as expensive as purchasing separately. At first i had no idea how to get the product on my lips, checked here and was scared after reading some bad reviews. That said, I love this product. I've been using a Smashbox lipgloss which leaves me lips a little dry, and was considering stocking up on Carmax to take care of that when these lip glazes arrived.
I do have to turn the bottom of the tube a lot to get enough of the product on the brush, but when its there it glides on smoothly and looks shiny and stays in place. The glaze is sticky, I avoid kissing my man while wearing it so it isn't good for a hot date, but for a long day's wear when you want your lips to look full and shiny, and end up feeling soft and mouisturized, this product is excellent. I will buy another set of these again.
Also, the set of six (or eight, I forget) was $25.00, so for just over 4 dollars apiece at the most these are very well worth it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love these, as a gloss junkie they are everything I look for in a gloss, great color, long lasting and high shine. They look expensive and pretty on the lip, not cheap or childish like many glosses can look. On a "sticky scale" I give them a 7 (0 being water and 10 being honey). The color selections are really great, I have the deep red wine as well as many of the nude/pink shades and get compliments all the time how nice it looks. I would say if I put this on around 8am, I don't need to reapply until about 12 or so.

on 2/11/2013 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This product makes your lips very shiny/glossy and if that's what you're looking for, buy it! I bought this in the color grapefuit thinking it would be more pigmented into the grapefruit color, but it wasn't really noticeable. It's not too sticky and not to liquidy! I love the packaging. I bought this because Victoria Beckham said she loved it so I'm why not! The only thing I didn't really like is it made my lips very dry and chapped the next day! And it's super expensive for just a lip gloss! I wouldn't buy this again, all lip glosses are the same and its not that this wasnt worth the money, it's just overpriced for what you're selling. It's just lip gloss!

If you don't like sticky products on your lips then don't go near these. Stop reading and just move on.

If you have long hair that billows around your face like in a 'Head and Shoulders' advertisement- watch out- your dandruff free hair may end up sticking to your lips making you can look like Cousin It.

These are rather interesting. If you can move past the stickiness, the colors are beautiful and there is high shine. They are nice layered over a boring matte lipstick.
The product stays on my lips for about 2 hours and is relatively moisturizing. I kind of like the twisty system. I don't know if they are value for money as they are suspiciously easy to use up- but I don't care as I like using things up.