Dior Miss Dior Cherie L'eau

Dior Miss Dior Cherie L'eau

on 2/15/2010 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Miss Dior Cherie l'eau is the only stable product out of all my beauty products. This gives you the light refreshing smell that you always wished for. It also has great lasting power. 2 spritz and it would last you 24 hours. I don't think i can survive a day without this! but if only it was cheaper... i bought a small bottle for $63. however that is not enough to make me stop buying it!

EDIT: Does anyone have an alternative for this??? I'll be broke if I keep buying this perfume!!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I absolutely love this perfume. I like Miss Dior Cherie but this scent is so much better in my opinion. I agree with a previous reviewer that this should have been released as its own scent as I will be very sad when Dior stops production on this. A bit more spendy than I'd like (Well... I like to buy my perfumes from discount websites) but I just love it so much. Sweet like Miss Dior Cherie but so much fresher and more interesting. This is my current favorite. It helps that the bottle is adorable too.

on 12/24/2009 5:56:00 PM

I love this scent!!! but it is not all-purpose. Good day scent!! My problem with it is that if I spray once, it smells really strong and fades quickly; but if I spray twice, its way to overpowering for the first two hours! Hmmm.
PROS: Great quality, leaves pretty undertones on skin
CONS: short-lasting power, overpowering at first, very expensive!

on 12/1/2009 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

The bottle is so pretty. Thick, heavy square glass, fancy engraving on the bottom and a cute bow tie. I really love the bright strawberry fizziness in this. It smells like a combo of Fresh Sugar and Fresh Strawberry Flowers. It's a light scent, but it does remain on me all day....ever so lightly. There is patchouli in the dry down, but you don't really smell it, it only helps with the longevity (i think). If you like sweet citrus perfumes, slightly addicting aromas this would work for you. I love it so much I don't feel guilty about the money I spent for it.

on 11/3/2009 1:01:00 PM

I like the citrus=y top notes a lot, and the floral middle is ok. What gets me is the musk base note. I think citrus and musk are always a terrible combination. Why would you do it, unless you've run out of perfumery ideas. I mean citrus is fresh and light, musk is dark and sultry. Strawberries and sauerkraut, galoshes and ballgowns.

on 11/1/2009 6:18:00 AM

I find this grapefruity and a little unisex. It's unusual. Citrusy but not too bright, more complex than you'd expect from a citrus. Nothing like Miss Dior Cherie, I think they wanted to re use the bottle design, and it is a cute bottle. I don't get any musk but I am anosmic to a lot of musks. Shame, cos I love musk!

on 10/24/2009 12:58:00 PM

This is definitely my favourite perfume at the moment - I can't get enough of the smell! I hated the original and when I saw the advert for this one I wanted to like it so much because I adored the advert. I went to try it and fell in love! It's nothing like the original - far lighter and it smells less foody and more floral and citrusy. It reminds me of spring but I like wearing it now too as I prefer lighter fragrances to the heavier ones that seem to be popular in winter. Some people complain about the staying power but I put it on just before I leave the house at 8am and it's still there at lunchtime.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I was pleasantly surprised by MISS DIOR CHERIE LEAU; Ive tested Miss Dior Cherie quite a few times, but Im still not keen on it.
Nut LEAU is totally different to the original and, in my opinion, should have been released under a new name, instead of as a flanker.

MISS DIOR CHERIE LEAU opens with a sharp citrus vibe, centering on bitter orange, to give the fragrance a fresh, icy jolt of energy.
The floral heart is very fresh and green. The gardenia is the note that stands out the most, and to me it seems quite watery. Im not a huge fan of floral fragrances; I find them too overpowering and strong, so I love the way the floral mingles with the citrus.
I like the white musk base too. Its uncomplicated and clean. Perfect for when Im wearing jeans and a tee, but want to feel put together but not all girlie.

MISS DIOR CHERIE LEAU was designed to be airy and light for summer, and while it would indeed be perfect for hotter weather, I like the icy jolt I get by wearing in the cool autumn mornings. The effect reminds me of J.Los Live Platinum.

Ive found the lasting power to be good; it goes close to the skin. The bottle is the same as Miss Dior Cherie, cute, but I think its a miss-match as the fragrance is more grown up then the original.

L'eau is absolutely nothing like Miss Dior Cherie - nowhere near as foody and sweet. The only thing foody and sweet to me, is that initially I liken the top notes to smelling a little like a citrus souffle or mousse, as it has a lightly soft citrus smell that is slightly sweet. After that I get the gardenia and a very subtle musk. Absolutely stunning fragrance for the warm weather as it's light and fresh. However I don't find the staying power as bad as others have mentioned, so it all comes down to body chemistry as usual! For a light fragrance it lasts reasonably well on me. If you hated Miss Dior Cherie, don't let that deter you from trying L'eau as it's quite beautiful and they are nothing alike. Same gorgeous bottle though :-)

Fragrance notes that I've seen to describe this scent include: "Fruity notes, Caramel, Floral Notes, Gardenia, White Musk, dry woods, Bigarade Orange, Patchouli"

None of these notes are really distinct in and of themselves, and I really do not detect ANY fruit, carmel and very little patchouli. I can say that this is a great scent for hot summer weather. As others have already said, it's really nothing like Miss Dior or Miss Dior Cherie. This is a light, fresh, green floral, with an acquatic 'vibe' going on. I've had it on for about an hour and it's still going strong on my skin, so while others have mentioned poor lasting power, I think that will vary by who's wearing it.

It's nice and fresh, and I will probably use up what I have, but doubt I'll re-buy. There are other light, fresh green scents I prefer for hot weather -- e.g. Chanel 19, and Cristalle to name a couple. continued >>

Popular Fragrances