Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

3.3

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

I bought this and cannot really see the point in it. I cannot tell that it does anything. It feels greasy and I cannot imagine putting this on top of mosturized even if you have dry skin. The only good part is that it is silicone free, if that is what you are looking for in a primer, but I am beginning to think the silicone is what makes a primer work as a primer.

on 11/26/2010 9:31:00 PM

I was looking for a silicone free primer because I hate the way all the silicone ones pill on my skin and I stumbled upon this at sephora. I like the way it smells and its not super heavy over my moisturizer. My skin is normal/dry and it absorbs nicely and keeps my foundation looking good all day. I found it a little expensive at the time but I guess compared to a lot of the ones out there it's not soo bad.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As with the Guava Lip Butter, I received this, too, with the 500-point redemption for the Korres sampler pack offered by Sephora this past spring. I have the trial size (0.34 oz). I tested it as a face primer twice, not liking it very much at all - it was just way too greasy and creamy for my oily skin. As a general rule, I do not use face primers before applying my mineral foundation. But since I already had it, I decided to try it on for the heck of it. The smell is really nice - it's citrus-smelling, but in general I do lean toward citrus scents. The packaging is also really awesome as it's contained in a squeeze tube and therefore is anti-contamination. (Hooray!) I relegated it to the bottom depths of my makeup bag at home, forgetting all about it until just a few days ago when I remembered I had it and decided to test it as an eyeshadow primer instead.

As an eyeshadow primer, it's absolutely fantastic. You need very little as it's going only on your eyelids (about 1/4 the size of your pinky nail for two eyelids, if that!). Then just wait about a minute or two, giving it a chance to dry. It keeps your eyeshadow in place practically the whole day long until you wash it off. Initially, I planned to purchase a highly-rated and well-known eyeshadow primer but it contains silicone and I'd just rather stay away from silicone if I can. So, out of sheer curiosity and wanting to experiment, I found a new way (or, rather, area!) to use this silicone-free primer. And, to think, I had wanted to give this away, ha. I like this primer so much as an eyeshadow primer that I got a full-size one yesterday. I expect the full size to last forever. Highly recommended (at least for the eyes)!

on 10/31/2010 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My holy Grail primer! I was looking for a primer that didn't have harsh chemicals. So many primers on the market have ingredients like mineral oil, parabens, silicone, etc. that can cause acne or prematurely age your skin! This primer does not have chemicals--all natural. Most importantly, it works like a charm. Whether I'm wearing liquid or mineral foundation over this stuff, my makeup lasts all day!

on 10/7/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

It's too bad this product has so many negative reviews. I really like this stuff. I had a sample size and then I even bought a full size before I was out of it. A little goes a long way and it does not make my skin greasy like many reviews claimed. It's very moisturizing and it seems to even out my skin tone. Because of that, sometimes I'll use this alone. It does work well for me as a primer/base. I don't use anything else right now. It feels good on and the scent is awesome. This is a little pricey for me, but I feel like it's worth it and this tube has lasted me a really long time. I love Korres and have loved everything I've tried in this line.

I got a sample of this with my 500-point perk from Sephora (came in a Korres sampler with a bunch of other goodies). I don't usually use a primer, but decided to try it just to see if it made a difference. Well, it didn't... except to make me oilier and broken out. My skin is super sensitive to begin with, so I probably shouldn't have messed with it. Silicone free or not, it still upset my skin, so I had to discontinue use.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this because it is silicone free (silicone products tend to pill up into little flaky bits on my face), but this doesn't really do anything for me. It is more like a lotion, with an orange/citrus-y smell I am not fond of. After using it a few times, I noticed it made me break out with teeny pimples on my jaw line. And it doesn't seem to make my makeup stay on longer or help with pore size. Maybe this would be good for someone with dry skin.

It works well- but immediately turns my face bright red, bad packaging, smell is strong, but it is a less expensive primer and a good to-go pick as long as you don't have the reaction I do to it.

on 8/7/2010 4:57:00 AM

This did not perform like a primer, more like a half-attempted moisturizer. It is greasy and the worst thing is that it made my pores look huge, and I dont even have large pores. I would definitely not recommend it to those who are inclined to be oily. This did not give me slip or a smoother surface and gave me pimples after a weeks use. Silicone is not a bad thing in primers and this trade off that image but honestly this is useless. It also did not spread smoothly over moisturiser.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Typically am not a Korres fan but this primer is wonderful for my combination skin. I have tried many primers over the years and they either cause my skin to break out from the silicones or do nothing at all for me. This works wonders for my skin. I apply it after my Replenix spf 45 sunscreen.