Avon Nailwear Nail Enamel

Avon Nailwear Nail Enamel
Nailwear Nail Enamel

3.9

on 3/2/2008 8:49:00 AM

I've been using this nailpolishes for years now. The colors are absolutly stunning!I have decadence, wich is a great purple, deluxe chocolate (sorry, maybe the names in the us are different than in italy), a deep brown with golden shimmer, a fuxia of wich I don't remember the name, but it's stunning with a sort of blue flame inside of it, during the years I've been having various reds, such as sheer sangria and others, more orangey. Overall I like this polish, it lasts for a pretty long time on my nails, the colors are very vibrant but look a tad bit different from the catalogue. It's a tad bit expensive (7) here, but in the end it's worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

A great find in inexpensive polish (usually on sale for $2.99). I have this in Real Red, which is a bright WARM Valentine red that isn't too garish for my NC15 hands (a rare thing, since most true bright reds make me look ready for the morgue). Application is excellent, smooth and streak-free, with full coverage in two coats and a high-gloss finish. My one quibble: The narrow bottle is a bit tippy -- I've already knocked it over once.

on 4/16/2007 5:15:00 AM

Funny how this product seems to be love-it or hate-it! Avon Nailwear polishes wear very well for me. I like the application, the consistency, and the pretty colours. I must note, however, that I have not tried the Avon Nailwear base and top coats; I use the ones I have found to work best for me (Orly Bonder base coat and Seche Vite top coat), which make almost all nail polishes wear excellently on me.

Once in a while, I will get an Avon with a wonky brush (usually it is bent), but due to the nice consistency of the polish itself, it doesn't really affect application for me. Granted, it's annoying, so I have only given a rating of 3 for packaging quality.

My favourite Avon colours include Rave, Ruby Slipper, Spring Fling, Dusky Cherry, Dynamo, Mauve Sparkle, Deluxe Chocolate, Rhinestone Rose, Sheer Solar Rose, and Spring Copper. I've got photos of these in my PhotoBucket album (link in my notepad). I admit that I buy a lot of Avon polishes because they're always "on sale" for CAD$2.99, which is pretty cheap! (Oh, one more thing... I do not work for and never have worked for Avon!)

on 8/13/2007 12:06:00 PM

I have this is Decadence which is a metallic dark purple. Really like the colour and does last a while without chipping. Bottle is a good big size and looks expensive, would get this again in other colours

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'll give these the benefit of the doubt since most others seem to really like these polishes, but the two bottles I've tried have left quite a bit to be desired. They either were old bottles to begin with, or they went bad very, very fast. The first couple of uses were about average--okay texture, only slight chipping within the week. But after that, I have goopy, thick polish that I just can't work with, and I have to wonder if this stuff ever really hardens. I left my fingers alone for two hours after I finished polishing in my normal way, and I still ended up with lines, smudges, and creases. The colors I got were nice (I got two sheer, natural colors), but I won't be repurchasing from this line. I'll finish the bottles and reserve them for use on my toes where the smudges and such aren't as obvious and bothersome.

on 4/14/2007 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have always been a nail polish junkie, and when a friend became an Avon rep I decided that the Nailwear Nail Enamel on sale for $2.99 a bottle was too good of a deal to pass up. I ordered it in two colors, plus Avon's basecoat and topcoat. Today around 3 pm I put the base coat on, then two coats of the color, and then the top coat. I gave all coats PLENTY of drying time. It went on smooth and pretty, but by 9 pm tonight, three nails are peeling nicely and two others are already showing some lift at the edge. I realize that natural nails don't hold color nearly as well as artificial ones, but really now. This stuff didn't even last a full 24 hours before looking like caca. I'll keep wearing them until I use up the bottles, and then it's back to OPI for me.

Maybe they make garbage nail polishes especially for the Russian market. I was not impressed with this nail polish at all. It peels off and the oil starts separating from the rest of the nail polish in the bottle very fast. I understand that those are essential oils, but they are not supposed to separate from the nail polish just a month after the bottle is opened, are they? I will not buy this again.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just swapped for a nailwear in Ocean (no longer available) and based on the quality alone I will buy as many as I can. I am an OPI fanatic and Nailwear offers the same quality as the higher end polishes. As for the color, it's gorgeous! A beautiful oceany blue with just a hint of teal. I've had so many compliments already. I use OPI's basecoat for natural nails and it's been on my toes for almost 2 weeks with no chips. I'm adding this to my wishlist immediately!

I am not normally much of a fingernail-polish fan as I find it's too much work for a look that chips within days. I tend to only paint my toenails. But I couldn't resist buying several bottles of this at $2.99 Cdn each, and Wow, am I glad I did. I bought Lagoon, Bronze Patina and Rave. Lagoon is a funky metallic bright blue. I did my fingernails--two coats and it lasted seven days without chipping--without a topcoat! I have very pale skin and on me Lagoon looked dark enough to be dramatic, without the Goth look of black nail polish. Bronze Patina is very pretty too--a warm-toned shimmery bronze (it says Neutral but it's definitely warm --more copper than bronze). I'll probably give it away as it's a nice polish but too orange for me. By far my favorite color is Rave-- a sort of cool pink-toned bronze that's VERY shimmery with almost a molten gleam. Neutral, but gorgeous and glam. I expect that for the very first time I will finish the bottle and order more of the same color.

on 9/15/2006 11:01:00 AM

i used a pale shade and it chipped within several days. the only product for my nails that keeps them from chipping is nail life nail revitalizer from sally's beauty supply. used as undercoat and overcoat and reapplyed daily for a week...it is the best. maybe the avon would even have lasting power with this product.

Popular Polishes