Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette
Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow paletteCoastal Scents 88 Ulta Shimmer Palette

4.1

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this palette in the set that has all 4 palettes together and all I have to say is this product is absolutely worth every cent. Quality is great. PIgmentation is excellent. Not a lot of fall out and best of all, there is so much colors to choose from. there are infinite possiblities to all the looks you can create with palette. I definitely recommend.

on 7/27/2011 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this palette in a swap and I was kind of nervous because of some of the negative reviews people were saying about it not being good quality, but I beg to differ. This is my new fav. The colors blend nicely. They have good pigmentation. If you tap off your brush first you wont have a problem with fall out, least I dont. I really think this is a good buy and would defiently recommend it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this palette, and compared to the original matte 88 palette from CS, this one is much better in pigment and overall texture. Granted I don't use all of the colors, but the really bright ones are fun to play around with when you want to rock a bright, colorful look. The colors I find myself using the most are the cream/vanilla/white colors, the darker browns/cafe and black, and the silver toned ones (which are my FAVORITES). All of the colors have excellent pigment and apply very smoothly. There is a bit of fallout, but it is to be expected with most eyeshadows. The white/silver colors seem to have an almost creamy texture which works great under eyeshadows. The silver brightens up my eyes and I wear this one frequently on its own (with a base underneath {Mac's paint pot in Painterly}) with some winged eyeliner and a cherry red lip. When I run out I will definitely repurchase this palette. I regret purchasing the original 88 matte palette which I hardly ever use because of its' chalky texture and poor pigmentation overall. I recommend anyone trying this if they are interested in creating fun, colorful looks and love eyeshadows. It makes a great addition to any eyeshadow collection, although I would recommend those that enjoy a more neutral look that still has shimmer to try the Metallic Palette from Coastal Scents. It looks truly beautiful on the site, and I cannot wait to try that one out. I have heard nothing but good things about that one as well. It's the next on my list.

on 7/10/2011 7:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I bought mine months ago and have barely used it. The black is chalky. The brights are very pigmented, but I don't really use those colours often as I have bright blue eyes and it can easily look tacky on me. I think it's a great starting out palette, but I have found better (and still inexpensive) shadows.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I seriously have nothing bad to say about this palette. It is so awesome. It was only 19.95 on coastalscents.com and well worth it. You such a range of colors and all shimmer i am in heaven. These colors are so so pigmented to and i find them easy to blend with. If you are just starting out in your makeup collection this is a good palette to get because you have all the colors you need to create so many looks with. It has anything from good highlight colors to neutrals to pinks purples greens blues orange yellow. You name it its in here. And when you think about it 20 dollars is not that much cosidering you are getting 88 different colors that is an awesome deal and to top it off these are great quality.. I recommend this palette 100 percent wether you are just starting out or just to add to your collection if you do not have it already it is an awesome palette to have.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this palette 1 or 2 months ago,and when I first opened it,I feel so amazed by its variety of shimmer colors. I dont use it very much though,too much color too little time to play with. The brushs are quite useful too but I'd recommend you trying with your own eyeshadow brush,which should be hydrated by some wet tissues to apply the colors well,since they are powdery. Eye primer is a must-have item also.

I wont say that this is a product suitable for beginners, it can also be used for professional make up,as many artists in my country do.

The price isnt that cheap in here,due to the currency rate,but it worths.

I wont re-purchase it again,not because of the price or the quality,just cuz I'd prefer something I can carry around.

This is a lovely palette! Since it's named the 88 Ultra Shimmer palette I was expecting the colours to be ultra shimmery, even more so than the Metal Mania Palette. I am glad the eyeshadows don't look too shimmery on my NC44 skin. I do notice that some of the shadows have less pigmentation than others and some of the pale beige and light colours are harder to blend. However, there are so many nice colours in this palette that are nicely pigmented it makes up for the ones that are not as nicely pigmented! The green shades are well represented, with so many greens available. If you are a green eyeshadow lover I think you will be happy with this palette. There are also some nice gold toned shadows, and bronzes. So many options! I've discovered using a small amount of Urban Decay Primer Potion and then applying my MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre or Painterly on top of UDPP seems to really help these shadows stay on 10 + hours on my oily lids.

I LOVE this palette ! I have some MAC eyeshadows and was able to find dupes for ALL of them . Great quality for such a low price. Some are less pigmeted than others , nut with a primer they work great ! Love, Love ,Love!!

absolutely LOVE this palette!! the colors are beautiful! the price is right! cant go wrong!

ive had this palette for about a year.. when i first purchased it, of course i was so excited i used it all the time... the colors overall are pretty good pigmentation... some are better than others... the lighter colors dont have as much staying power at times... they have a great variety of colors suitable for highlights and some for extreme looks... they work well with other shadows.. and they do terrific with primer potion...my biggest problem here is... the packaging....within a week or so of getting my palette the "clasp" broke... i mean straight up fell apart... within a month several of the pots began coming loose... after about 2 months of using it... it fell from my couch to a plush carpet'd floor and several more came loose... ( i dont think this should have happened... i now have hard-wood floors and have dropped palettes on it..without the same outcome)at this point... there are over 20 pots loose... i know that doesnt really affect the quality of the product.. but in the process some of the shades have been damaged and its really just an inconvenience... very annoying... i still love coast scents products but they really need to amp it up in the packaging/quality department