Prestige eyeshadow in Golden Retriever

PRODUCT: Single eyeshadow from Prestige

COLOR: Golden Retriever

COST: $ 3.79

DISCRIPTION: Shimmering deep bronzed gold

PIGMENT: Great. The texture of this eyeshadow is really nice and smooth.

SMELL: None

CONTAINER: A round eyeshadow single.

WOULD I BUY AGAIN: Yes! A MAC Honey Lust Dupe!

OMFG I Love this eyeshadow! After reading all the reviews here, I ran out (ok, just walked over to my nearest Rite Aid) to go get it (and a few other things). Well, the verdict is in and I am in love! I swiped it to test it out on my hand and right away I saw that it is SO pigmented and shimmery and glowy and sheeny and gorgeous! The color is a slightly peachy golden color with plenty of metallic shimmer and slightly frosty. It's just as buttery soft and pigmented as MAC!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

After reading all the rave reviews, I had to get this. It really is a great product! Well pigmented, no chalkiness, great staying power, nice packaging, and to top it all off...a low price! Also, this color looks like it would be universally flattering. It's become a staple in my makeup bag since I can create so many different looks with it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Prestige Golden Retriever is such a beautiful gold! It doesn't look overly metallic or too yellow - it is perfect. I am an AAB that has enough yellow going on anyway so the last thing I need is more yellow or an unflattering shade of gold.

I highly recommend this shade as it can be used as a highlight shade(with a light hand), all over lid color, inner corners of the eye or center of the eye lid!

It is inexpensive too! A+ all around for Golden Retriever! It is also easy to build the color so if you want really gilded lids all you need to do is layer more on for intensity.

on 1/21/2008 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

I love this product! It's so pigmented! A very bright medium gold with lots of shimmer, and it stays on. Would buy again.

on 3/6/2008 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Prestige Golden Retriever eye shadow is a beautiful golden copper with a foil-like sheen; gorgeous! This is a staple in my collection for a barely there, yet eye-popping colour. I really like the packaging as well; it's sleek, portable and holds a lot of product for such a small price. This applies so smoothly and easily, with loads of pigment and sheen. For a softer, day time look, just apply with a lighter hand and you get a wash of pale gold with warm copper tones. If you want a little more depth, just add another layer for a highly pigmented golden copper, yet it still seems to remain fairly subtle. The wear of this is just amazing. I can easily go a day without having to worry about it creasing or wearing off. I adore the consistency; so smooth and creamy that glides along lids quickly and easily without tugging. I also like the fact that it washes off easily. Overall, this is an extremely flattering, warm golden copper with a fabulous sheen, appopriate for every day wear as well as for a night out.

on 10/31/2006 3:48:00 PM

I'd never seen this brand - probably due to my own, admitted, sometimes-snooty prejudice against certain drugstore cosmetics - but thanks to the reviews, and a bright, glistening new drugstore in my neighborhood, I had to give this a try. Golden Retriever is a gorgeous, stunning gold, bold enough to be noticeable, but not loud and gawdy. It's what I wanted MAC Amber Lights to be. Over and above the color, though, I love Prestige's packaging. It's sturdy, simple and elegant, and for $4.99CDN, you can't go wrong.

on 9/10/2006 6:00:00 PM

I normally keep far far away from most drugstore brands when it comes to eyeshadows, but after reading the rave reviews on this Prestige shadow, I knew I had to try it out. This almost metallic looking orange-y gold looks like what would happen if MACs Goldmine and Amber Lights eyeshadows ever got together and had a baby. This texture and pigmentation of this is beyond awesome. It applies very evenly and fairly vibrantly. And mannn does it blend like a dream! No chalkiness or harsh lines. Ive been using this with Urban Decay Honey Deluxe eyeshadow and MACs Earthly Delight. Good stuff! This is seriously better than a good portion of my MAC eyeshadows. :X Would definitely repurchase if I ever ran out.

on 9/15/2006 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I have many of these shadows now. This one is a *very* shiny highly pigmented coppery brown that will work on anybody. Think of it as a glitzy neutral. Plus it's only $3.99! You can't go wrong.

on 10/4/2006 1:19:00 AM

Wow! I was really skeptical buying this cause it looked so bold. In the pan its a medium gold color. I wanted to test out the shade before buying it but the drug store didn't have any tester for this. So the sales said that I could return it if I didn't like it - so I bought it. I'm SO glad I did cause the shadow looks fantastic on me. I've been an eye liner girl for a loong time and am only now trying to get into e/s. My bf who usually dispise me wearing e/s actually liked this on me so it's definately a keeper!!

FYI: NC25, dark brown hair/eyes. continued >>