Laura Mercier Eye Colour

Laura Mercier Eye Colour

4.1

on 12/16/2003 4:04:00 PM

I have a couple of LM eye shadows: Whiskey and Paris by Night. I bought them after a makeover I had. They are both excellent quality, but I use Whiskey significantly more than PbN. Whiskey is great because I can also use it on my brows for subtle definition. For some reason, I haven't had much luck with PbN because I end up looking like I have bruised eyes. This might have to do with my PPP coloring or a general ineptitude. But LM eye shadows are high quality, subtle and sophisticated. I would try other shades.

on 6/20/2003 5:26:00 PM

I am really glad I swapped for this. I have it in candied chestnut wich is a light brown shade. Does not grease and I love the packaging. It is so stylish. Too bad these are not available in scandinavia. If i sometimes travel to the usa I will go and get these.

on 3/1/2003 11:21:00 PM

I've recently purchased several Laura Mercier eyeshadows and really love them! They have a great, silky texture and nice pigment. The color selection is very nice, with some gorgeous and unique shades. I have oily lids and most shadows crease easily but if I use my Benefit F.Y...eye, these easily last a day without creasing.

Update on the packaging: The old brown packaging isn't so attractive. I recently purchased Mermaid which is new for spring, and the packaging was slightly different. It was more of a shiny deep brown, almost black, and looked better, IMO.

on 6/12/2003 9:22:00 AM

LM eyeshadows are the best I have ever tried. I attended a makeup application class and fell in love with the e/s on the spot. The MUA used Pink Stucco and Paris By Night on me and these are colours I would never have thought of using, but it looked great. I didn't buy them though as I prefer different colours. The colours I have are the Smokey grey, Sherazade, St Germain and the Bleu Marine liner. I love them all and can't wait to buy more. If you wear an e/s base (I use the LM eye base cream) with a dusting of translucent powder on top, your e/s won't budge. I have VERY bad problems with disappearing and creasing e/s because of the oils in my skin, but the eye base creme plus the powder (I have another brand translucent powder, not the LM one which is also good) really make my e/s stay on for hours. I highly recommend LM e/s for the e/s itself, but I sometimes have trouble opening the packaging. Anything that makes me break or chip a nail isn't that good!

on 4/28/2003 10:12:00 PM

Very nice eyeshadow. Silky, easy to blend, nice color choices, and well pigmented. Packaging is classy in a deep brownish slightly shimmery compact (I think they just changed it this Spring when I bought mine) - a break from the cutesy Stila and Benefit packages I love. Anyway, really good product, would buy again, but other things are just as good too so experiment! BTW, I got Pink Stucco, which is a dusty-rose pink made vibrant with a hint of coral, and it is also very nice as a blush!

on 6/13/2003 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I need goof proof e/s for days when MU application time is 3 mins. flat. Thank gooshness for LM colours. They are user friendly in every way except one, the packaging. ARRGH! if..I...could..get..them..open!~
Other then that I love the stuff inside, beautiful matte neutrals and soft colours that are important to a girl like me (oily lids..eww, i know), color lasts and doesn't crease. Lucky for me, that they revamped their package stlye and all is right in the world of oily lids. (~_*)

on 10/2/2002 11:16:00 PM

Laura's shadows are some of the best on the market, IMHO. They don't flake all over your face when you apply them. They're well pigmented, blend easily and last a long time. If I could replace every shadow made by another brand with Laura's, I would. I don't like the packaging color but it's durable and does what it's supposed to do. It's better than cardboard! LOL! On a side note, if you have blue eyes, try lining with her Deep Night shadow. It makes them look amazing.

on 8/23/2001 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I purchased Paris by Night and it has renewed my faith in Laura Mercier eye shadows. I use it dry to line, and it stays on all day. I do wish they'd ditch the hideous packaging, though.

on 1/2/2003 6:57:00 PM

I have only tried this eyeshadow in Ros. It's beautiful, a peachy-bronzey-rose with golden shimmer. It's slightly darker and rosier than NARS Nepal, and also similar to the middle shade of Stila Summer Shades, but rose/gold rather than mauve.
LM Ros is not as pigmented as Stila shadows but more than any NARS that I've tried. The texture is nice and silky, and it's virtually goof-proof (I need that...).
It looks marvelous with MAC Rosemary and Thyme Kohl as liner, a dusting of bronzer (or Becca Turkish Rose or Terracotta blush), and LM Ambre Rose lip glace.
True to LM form, however, the packaging is hideous, imo. Someday I'll get around to using a hot screw driver on the ugly brown compact and I'll keep the rectangular shadow in my Trish Planner. continued >>

on 6/5/2002 9:08:00 PM

I had a makeover at the LM counter and the MA did an amazing job on my eyes. She used Sandstone (a shimmery pale apricot) as a wash and Margeaux (a dark purple) in the crease. These are colors I would have NEVER tried myself (all my other eyeshadows were various members of the brown/neutral family). I loved the look so much I bought both of them....great texture, sheer enough, beautiful colors.