Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)
AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

4.3

on 5/5/2013 6:11:00 PM

From what I understand, AHA+ is not an everyday treatment that should be used on your face. It is suggested to use maybe once or twice a week. I think this should be announced before purchasing. If you over use it you may not see results because your are over drying your skin and therefore causing additional dryness and acne. With that being said, this has worked great on my skin (using it only once a week, sometimes twice). It makes my skin slightly red when first using, so i make sure not to apply any other treatments with using AHA+

on 5/5/2013 12:32:00 PM

Pretty happy with my results.
I got the AHA after using acne.org products for 6 month. I mix it about half and half with the acne.org lotion. Than I put it on my face kind of like a mask at night, not rubbing it in all the way in. It stings for a few minutes but its absorbed by the morning. I do this about 3 or 4 times a week.
I DO NOT use this every night. Even mixing it its pretty strong for sensitive skin. Dan Kern had said using this with other acne products can cause reactions and I can believe it.

on 5/2/2013 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I used this for 9 months on my forehead, cheeks and neck and I used my alpha hydrox enhanced lotion on my chin. The results? Continuos breakouts on my face except my chin, it wasn't too bad but I would always have a few spots on my cheeks and especially my temples whereas my chin was ok! Coincidence? I think not! For those of u who have read my review on the alpha hydrox, u'll know that I absolutely love it! Hence why my chin is clear most of the time BUT the rest I my face was fine, all I wanted this aha to do was fade my marks but it honestly did nothing for my marks and left my skin feeling sticky, dry and more spotty! I couldn't be purging for 9 whole months so as soon as I stopped this a month ago, my face is clearer and I only get minor blemishes once in a while! It took my nearly a year to realise this wasn't for me LOL

on 4/28/2013 1:17:00 PM

I had this since last year and I really wished it would work well for me but it hasn't. I don't think it takes this long for my skin to purge.

I use it almost every other night, sometimes every night.

I noticed that it does not alleviate my acne situation. Note: I do not have severe acne but just some on my forehead and occasional ones on the cheek or one on the chin. It does not help my forehead when I apply this product. I wake up to a forehead that looks slightly more clogged than not using this product.

Please be careful when using this product frequently. I think because of the aha it dries out your skin more quickly hence could cause dryness and possible forehead winkles

I have not noticed it helping with my pore size though it does not claim to do this. I thought maybe the aha would help.
I think the product does help in renewing your skin in terms of exfoliation.

I have used it to spot treat but it did not help with reducing the inflammation.

Tip Note: what really works now is this for spot treating....get a lemon, slice it up and add it to a litre of water. Drink one warm cup every morning when you wake up. Also, very useful, use a qtip and soak it up with some of that lemon water and spot treat generously before going to bed. You will see immediate results the next day! less redness and the size will go down significantly! (make sure you keep the lemon water in the fridge. I find lemon water that has sat for a few days is great for this).

The size and packaging of this product is great. I wish it would have worked for me because the description and the concept was what I was seeking. I will continue to use it for gentle exfoliation over the skin (not forehead).
if you suffer from bumps on the back of your arms, maybe give this a try at night. I have used this after exfoliating in the shower. It seems to help. However, I am testing out am-lactin 12% aha and this seems to work even better (will review this product later).

on 4/16/2013 4:47:00 AM

This is an excellent product. If you want smooth, glowing skin then this is for you! I use it every night mixed (50/50) with my normal moisturizer. Mixing is recommended if you plan on using product daily, as it prevents/minimizes irritation and stinging. Within' the first 2 weeks, you may notice an increase in whiteheads - but this is a normal response! Your skin needs time to adjust - purging is likely to happen. Give this product some time (1-2 months), and you will not regret it.

on 4/14/2013 4:51:00 PM

I bought this product based on the good reviews here, but unfortunately it didnt work for me. Used it for 3 days and had the worst cystic breakout flare ever! :O Maybe it is a purging state,however my skin is such a wreck right now. Week later and it still didnt clear up:(
EDIT: I recently started using this again , and have to say it's pretty good and it doesn't break me out at all as long as I apply it on a properly cleansed skin (I have a new skincare routine which helps to keep my skin pretty pimple-free : I use cleansing oil to remove my makeup, then follow with a gentle cleanser, and apply 0.2 salycilic acid toner. Finish up with my Cerave cream mixed with the acne.org treatment. I noticed with the constant use of this treatment, my skin is softer, the red acne spots and discolourations are fading and the tone is evening out. HIghly recommended

on 3/21/2013 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This stuff really helps with the overall clarity of my skin.
I use it mostly to help with the flaky skin I get after using acne.org's treatment. I mix quite a bit with two pumps of cetaphil lotion and let it soak in my face all night after I use the treatment. It works awesome! However, I don't use this alone because I'm pretty sure it causes some whiteheads on the insides of my cheeks and forehead. I guess using it alone is too potent for my skin? I'm not too sure but I know a lot of people have this problem. So I stick to mixing it with moistuizer at night and it works great :) And I know a lot of people use this for gentle exfoliation to use along with acne.org's regimen. However, if it's causing you tiny whiteheads too, exfoliating once a week with a scrub won't kill you as long as youre super gentle!

on 3/15/2013 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is working beautifully on my light scarring from recent acne and dermatitis reactions(the kind with lots of tiny red pustules). I have very sensitive skin and this only lightly stings for less than 30 seconds after application. I have found that, for me, the licochalcone really helps to soothe any redness and makes my skin look much more even. I have combination/dehydrated skin and find that I don't need a separate moisturizer after this which is just awesome.

I have tried AHA products from Alpha Hydrox, Garden of Wisdom, MUAC, and Paula's Choice...most of them were too irritating for me to continue use. I also hated that many of them came in a serum formulation that didn't moisturize at all. In order for an AHA to work correctly, you really should wait about 30 mins after application before applying anything else. So I would sit for 30 mins with stinging AND painfully tight/dry skin. Not pleasant at all. Acne.org has a major winner here with an effective exfoliator in a lovely formulation. Finally an AHA that doesn't break me out, irritate my skin, or force me to wait before moisturizing. Ever since I started using this (in conjunction with a few other wonderful products) I have woken up to calm skin that is on its way to being clear again. Price for the amount you get is amazing and will last a long time. I will absolutely repurchase.

P.S. Remember to always use a good sunscreen when you use chemical exfoliants!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have the same issue with this as a lot of people.... I really wanted to fade dark spots and acne scars and this worked for like 5 days... I think this product is a double edged sword.. I had a cystic hormonal pimp pop up and I started putting the AHA on it right away and it really went down over 3 days... but now there is this dark circle way bigger than the pimple right there for a month now that i cant get to go away. Its almost worst than a popping scar. WTH? I was also putting it on the side of my face and then got two angry cystic pimples for no reason and thats totally uncommon for me... not giving up on aha but this formulation isnt for everyones skin clearly...

on 1/18/2013 2:05:00 PM

Right now this product is not working for me, sorry to say :( I got it for use on my chest and have used it for two weeks. I got HORRIBLE breakouts on chest and back compared to usual. I used it every night. And in two days of stopping using it they got better. I will see if I can use it every other day and if that will help but for right now HUGE disspointment and thumbs down