Almay smart shade

Almay smart shade
smart shadesmart shade

2.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%)Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Alcohol Denatured, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Alumina, Boron Nitrate, Galactoarabinan, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Grape), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Cycloheptasiloxane, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Talc, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

I think this is one of the best concealers out there. I notice that many reviews are negative however 40 + women like myself have given it positive reviews.

I love this product. Great packaging , no perfume, blends well, looks very natural and you can build cover. I use light/medium under eyes and around redness near nose.

This seems to blend in and match my foundations well .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This sucks. There I got it out, it sucks. I don't really need concealer on a day-to-day basis and when I do I like it to be not super heavy. This is light to the point of being non-existent. Am I doing ti wrong or something? I dab it in with my fingers and it just disappears :P I gave it the one lippy because though it had crappy coverage, it did match my skin well. But that might be because it just dissipated into my skin. I'm glad I was given this and didn't but it, I wouldn't be a very happy camper!!!

I was genuinely surprised at the reviews about this product! Several of the reviews said they tried applying with a concealer brush when the product clearly tells you to use your fingers. I squeeze a bit out onto my finger tips and then dot (not spread or blend in), but dot continually until it matches my skin tone. I brought the lightest shade they had, even though I have a light to medium skin tone. I'm glad I did since it blends to a shade or two lighter, which is great for my dark circles. The one time it turned me orange was when I placed it right on a red spot and tried to dot from there. I learned that it's easier to start a tad next to the red spot and then work your way over, and it covers it fairly well. It's also not heavy at all yet it provides full coverage and lasts a long time. I finish off by stippling my liquid foundation all over and my skin looks perfect (though I have horrible acne)! Will definitely buy again.

on 2/12/2012 1:28:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

not that I ever believed the whole "skin matching" hype, but I was still surprised by how poorly the color of this looked on my skin. being that I'm pale, I bought the lightest shade, but OH MY GOD I looked like Snooki, my face was orange, not good at all. this concealer was also hard to blend because it was sort of thick and dried up on my face quickly, this didn't last through the school day and it sort of flaked up..ew!

on 1/8/2012 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't hate this concealer. However, I need a little more coverage for discoloration on my cheeks and I feel that the way this product is designed makes it very difficult.

The packaging makes travel convenient so I have it 4 stars, I pat it onto my skin with my finger and the product simply spreads. It's not the best but I'm going to keep using it because I don't think it turns me orange.

Should be noted that I used to place a bit on my hand and take a brush to blend, afterward I would have an orangey splotch on the back of my hand!! On my face was ok, it did blend with my foundation.

Stay away from this concealer if you have dark circles or wrinkles. As a concealer it doesn't -- conceal! If you have good skin or if you're one of those 12 year olds who complain about their imaginary undereye circles (crazy but true), then this for you. The good thing is that does look natural in daylight because of its light diffusing properties. I use this when I have enough sleep and want to look natural. I noticed that it only becomes darker if you dab it and leave it on for too long before blending.

Wow, Almay "Smart" Shade? More like Almay Stupid Shade! This was nothing but a GRAY concealer that turned ORANGE-YELLOW upon rubbing into skin. I can't believe this has yet to be discontinued because I can't imagine that someone would actually use this product without realizing how sickly and jaundiced it can make you look! Most definitely one of the worst concealers I've ever bought.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I don't have super dark circles or blemishes and it doesn't cover too well. It's not worth the price. The only thing I liked was how smooth it went on and made my skin feel, but I will not be purchasing this again.

on 12/15/2011 1:02:00 AM

I have to defend this little guy.

First of all, I got this for under two bucks at CVS. Heyyyyy!!

So price can't be beat. This is the first time I tried a smart shade product, and I have to say it's really fun watching it change colors when you rub it in. I don't like that I have to actually RUB it in though - I like to pat on a concealer - that's the point, right? So I blend this on my hand and then pat it on my face.

Coverage is ok and it is SLIGHTLY orange-y but I'm still really fair and it blended fine on me.

BEST part about this is that it seems to actually clear my blemishes! I seriously had a tumor-zit on my forehead the first time I used it. Accidentally fell asleep in it and when I woke up, the tumor was all but deflated. I like this stuff. It's SPF 20 too so GREAT for use around the eyes.

on 10/9/2011 6:40:00 PM

My all-time favorite for neutralizing redness on my nose, cheeks and chin! The concealer color "matches" my own complexion quite well so that wearing a full face of foundation is not necessary. Living in the humid south, the less makeup...the better.