MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.7

100 silica

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this back when I was in college and at the time it made my face look incredibly flawless. I also used it during my makeup tests/demos at cosmetics school and it never failed to always make the girls skin look flawless. This was always my golden ticket to getting a good mark, and everyone would always ask me how I managed to make skin look so good.

I'm now 27 and recently repurchased this product remembering how wonderful it was back then. To my surprise my face actually looked worse wearing it. I used this as a setting powder after my liquid foundation and when I looked in the mirror I noticed my face instantly looked oily and almost had a slight sheen to it. I also looked ghostly and could see this powder on my face. Sadly as I went on throughout the day, within a few hours I felt my skin feel more oilier than usual and almost heavy like. I even tried wearing the powder alone on days where I did not want to wear foundation and wanted a more natural look, and again my face looked oily instantly and it felt oily as well.

Im not sure if they changed the formulation since I bought it many years ago but sadly I cannot wear this. I'm really not sure what happened or what changed so much. :'(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can not for the life of me understand the hype behind this product.

I do own this powder, meaning I purchased it and chose against returning it. However it's nothing special in my opinion. There are actually drugstore dupes that surpass it's quality. I'm not crazy about the ELF knock off, but WnW has a pretty good pressed version.

Pros:
-Adds a polished setting to foundation
-Doesn't cake into fine lines under my eyes
-Mattifies skin
-A little bit goes a long way

Cons:
-If you apply too much, you're going to get the dreaded whitecast look.
-Offers no additional coverage to foundation
-Mattifies skin...but does not keep *my* oil at bay all day
-Expensive. I don't mind the price whatsoever, however for the quality I should be paying $15 at most. This is nothing special. The main ingredients are dirt cheap.

It's not a bad product by any means. I just wouldn't repurchase due to no 'wow' factor.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this in the small sample size from sephora. I don't mind it is probably the best thing I can say about this setting powder. It does a great job for under eye setting but if I use it anywhere else, it breaks me out. I find the packaging difficult to work with, I always end up dispensing more than I need. Those things combined adds up to not repurchasing.

This was one of the first powders I used. It did an okay job but I got oily after a few hours (I get really oily). The reason why I didn't like this product was, even when I didn't put a lot on, it would leave white areas on my nose and in photos it showed up.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my 2nd time purchase! It's my holy grail,make up staple!however,it does not look good on flash camera,u'll get white cast with flash.my face used to melt all the foundation after a long day, no matter I put on a primer or not,liquid foundation or powder foundation.This microfinish powder ensures all my make up to stay put,especially my eye lids. My job is demanding & long hours,I can't always touch up my make up at work.This product is a savior :) a bit pricey but worth the money.I don't like its packaging.it cracked easily,I bought the pressed microfinish powder,more convenient to bring it out.but bear in mind u must handle with care

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

*NOT entirely cruelty free*

My friend gifted this product to me. At first it seemed like a godsend, but now that I am more knowledgeable when it comes to makeup, I have realized that this product isn't all that it has cracked up to be. It is not long-wearing. It lasts approximately 4-6 hours before turning shiny with oil.

Insane flashback in photos and it made me look more pale than I already am, made my skin look decent but I tried baking my under eyes with it & it gave me a weird uncomfortable numbing feeling, bottom line I've used better setting powders (LM translucent powder)

I love this loose powder ! My face looks so smoth and polished when I use this after my fondation. I will by this again 😄

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used NYX and ELF before I bought this product, so I can share the similarities and differences between these powders. All three products are finely milled silica, which is known to cause that ghostly appearance in flash photography. And believe me, all three do cause the washed out look with the MUFE looking less offensive than the other two because the particles are much smaller and less dense. That being said, MUFE is probably the better of the three to be caught in with flash photography if used sparingly. It's meant to be lightly dusted and it really does a great job mattifying oily skin with a small amount of powder. I use the large powder brush and gently dab it on my T-zone. Like all loose powders, this is messy to work with and shouldn't be moved around with too much. Although I think the packaging of MUFE makes it a little more travel friendly compared to NYX due to the better designed cap that prevents most of the powder from spilling. I choose to peel the paper slightly because it helps from over spilling. Instead I tap the top of the paper and some powder is dispensed for me to swirl the brush in. I would repurchase this powder again as it doesn't look cakey on me and it keeps my oily skin look matte.

Pros:
- lightweight matte powder
- suits most skin tones
- blends and blurs skin imperfections on camera (film)
- innovative packaging that dispenses product well
- velvet soft finish on skin
- little goes a long way
- sets under eye makeup beautifully (use very sparingly)

Cons:
- not good for makeup novices
- easy to use too much powder
- causes flash back if used excessively in one area or all over
- quite messy to work with
- pricy

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I was at Sephora a few weeks ago and I bought the MUFF Cult favorite set which included a sample size of this HD powder - and I LOVE IT!

Because it is a sample size I can't fit my large facebrush in it, but my setting brush for concealer fits it like a glove. And a little goes a long way!

pros
- sets my concealer to perfection (and the rest of my face on special occasions
- long lasting
- doesn't cake (when used sparsely)
- will last a very long time

cons
- clings a little to dry patches (remember to exfoliate)
- pricey

I will in a weeks time purchase the normal size (because it is on sale) and use it in my daily makeup routine... my little sample size will go in my makeup travel bag