Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.7

100 silica

Insane flashback in photos and it made me look more pale than I already am, made my skin look decent but I tried baking my under eyes with it & it gave me a weird uncomfortable numbing feeling, bottom line I've used better setting powders (LM translucent powder)

I love this loose powder ! My face looks so smoth and polished when I use this after my fondation. I will by this again 😄

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This powder just did not live up to the hype for me. I had been wanting to try it forever, since I'd heard so many glowing reviews of it, and I was lucky enough to snag a deluxe sample of it with my Sephora points. So fortunately I didn't spend any money on it.

I just thought the product wasn't very good. I tried it with three different foundations, and it produced the same effect with all of them -- a grainy, messy, sickly-looking finish. I was expecting to have a smooth, porcelain finish, but instead this left me looking like I had stuck my face into white sand. Not smooth at all. On the plus side, it didn't irritate my skin, nor did it dry me out. I just thought it wasn't very good. Will not be purchasing.
Maybe it's because, like another reviewer below who had a similar experience, I am extremely fair -- perhaps the whiteness of the powder made me look washed out and even more pale? I don't know. I had much better luck with Clinique's loose powder -- that made my face look very smooth and even. But this one, not so much. Disappointed by this product.

Loved it when I first used it because your skin literally glides after using it to set your foundation. I was actually sold when I tested it on my hand in Sephora. I was shocked (yes, shocked) at how velvety smooth my skin felt. However, I do find that it can make your makeup look thicker and cakier than it already is, especially if you are using a heavier foundation so my advice is to use it sparingly with a kabuki brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used NYX and ELF before I bought this product, so I can share the similarities and differences between these powders. All three products are finely milled silica, which is known to cause that ghostly appearance in flash photography. And believe me, all three do cause the washed out look with the MUFE looking less offensive than the other two because the particles are much smaller and less dense. That being said, MUFE is probably the better of the three to be caught in with flash photography if used sparingly. It's meant to be lightly dusted and it really does a great job mattifying oily skin with a small amount of powder. I use the large powder brush and gently dab it on my T-zone. Like all loose powders, this is messy to work with and shouldn't be moved around with too much. Although I think the packaging of MUFE makes it a little more travel friendly compared to NYX due to the better designed cap that prevents most of the powder from spilling. I choose to peel the paper slightly because it helps from over spilling. Instead I tap the top of the paper and some powder is dispensed for me to swirl the brush in. I would repurchase this powder again as it doesn't look cakey on me and it keeps my oily skin look matte.

Pros:
- lightweight matte powder
- suits most skin tones
- blends and blurs skin imperfections on camera (film)
- innovative packaging that dispenses product well
- velvet soft finish on skin
- little goes a long way
- sets under eye makeup beautifully (use very sparingly)

Cons:
- not good for makeup novices
- easy to use too much powder
- causes flash back if used excessively in one area or all over
- quite messy to work with
- pricy

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I was at Sephora a few weeks ago and I bought the MUFF Cult favorite set which included a sample size of this HD powder - and I LOVE IT!

Because it is a sample size I can't fit my large facebrush in it, but my setting brush for concealer fits it like a glove. And a little goes a long way!

pros
- sets my concealer to perfection (and the rest of my face on special occasions
- long lasting
- doesn't cake (when used sparsely)
- will last a very long time

cons
- clings a little to dry patches (remember to exfoliate)
- pricey

I will in a weeks time purchase the normal size (because it is on sale) and use it in my daily makeup routine... my little sample size will go in my makeup travel bag

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was sure I reviewed this powder before but hey.. I forgot. This is a decent microfinish setting powder that makes your skin look flawless and super silky. It does set the makeup fine. However, it makes the dry skin look flakier, and it can ball up if used with certain kind of product... Also, to me it's really similar, IF not the same product, as the HD setting powder from elf... so If you want to try this one but not try the price.. go and buy the E.l.f. HD setting loose powder, and you'll be all set.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

It's a fun extra to have as I was curious to try it out...if you have coin to throw away, but it. I wouldn't bother buy again, I'd rather get a sample

I love this!

The finish is soooo silky smooth and fine. It covers all my pore and gave a glowy (not oily) matte look. I have used it to touch up in the middle of the day after blotting, and my make up just looked fresh again. Face stayed non-oily for a longer time then using the MUFE Ultra Matte loose powder. It doesn't leave a white cast on the skin. I have also purchased the kabuki brush that is recommended for the application, and it blends the powder onto my skin really well without much effort.

It would be a tad bit troublesome to bring it out for touch-ups due to the packaging.

Nonetheless, I still think that this is the best loose powder that I have ever used.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

The MUFE powder was pushed on me by some of the girls at Sephora who swore by it when I went in looking for a loose powder. They all said it was the best one they've ever used and I tried so, so hard to love it but there was just something about it that I generally hated. I didn't realise what it was until I finally ran out and got a different brand, but the texture did not agree with me for some reason.It also made me look pale, the sick looking kind of pale because I'm very fair naturally. No matter how lightly I applied it, this stuff made my face look like a ghost and on top of that it made my makeup so cakey! I'm not sure if I just got a dud, but I'm not willing to repurchase and find out.