Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Titanium Dioxide 5.0%, Zinc Oxide 5.0%. Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Panax Ginseng (Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Camelia Oleifera) Leaf Extract, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)

This is a true tinted moisturiser, rather than a light-coverage foundation like many. Not particularly moisturising, it seems to sink into my combo/oily skin on application, leaving a natural finish, neither shiny nor matte. It simply evens out the color and nothing more. My skin is fairly good at the moment, so that's all I need, but anyone with blemishes or discoloration will probably not be satisfied with the coverage of this product. It seems to last all day, no streaking, no sinking into pores and no shininess. I have a little flakiness, due to using RetinA, and this is one of the few products which doesn't emphasise this (nor irritate my very sensitive skin). The packaging is well thought out, a squeezable plasic tube that can be stood on its cap, and dispenses a precise amount of product. I would particularly recommend this for oily skins, but drier skins may need an additional moisturiser underneath. There is no need to worry about an exact shade match due to the sheerness of the product. If in doubt, the medium should suit most skin tones except the very dark. Although like all Stila products this is not cheap, you get a large amount, and need very little for each application, so it should last well.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been trying many Tinted Moisturizer and so far Sonia Kashuk Hydro Tint is my fave. However, Stila's version comes close when it comes to quality. The SA at Stila Pro told me that this is a replacement for the discontinued Pivotal Skin product. The texture is very much like other tinted moisturizer, slightly lighter than Stila's Skin Visor. I wear Stila shade B/C and Medium shade actually match my skin tone better (would probably purchase the Light tone for winter). I have dry, sensitive skin and wore this all day, my skin doesn't react at all. The coverage is sheer almost the same as SK Hydrotint & Cover Girl's TM, however, it leaves a greasier finish than SK. I don't use any powder to set this as I have dry skin, however, I think those of oilier skin would benefit from powder. It comes in a squeeze tube with small opening so that the product stays hygienic. Overall, I don't think I'd repurchase since the performance is the same if not less than Sonia Kashuk Hydro Tint for twice of the price.

This was just released at the Pro store two days ago. They have three shades available (Light, Medium and Dark I believe...I got the Light and I normally wear IPF in 20 watts, MAC NC 20, Angel Light in C). It gives enough moisture, but if you have dry skin, I would use it over another moisturizer. It actually gave good coverage...it evened up my skin tone really well without feeling too greasy or anything. It gives more coverage than the LM one...and it's not as heavy on the moisture as the Shiseido one. I really like it so far and like the way that it wears. The MA used pressed powder to set it and it gave me more of a polished look. Retailed for $28. It comes in a silver tube (not like the lip shines but a bottle).