Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

I love this powder! It is well worth a special trip to a costume shop! I am a brown-eyed brunette with very fair, slightly oily skin. Bobbi Brown is right -- yellow-toned powders add a lovely glow to the skin that translucent and light-toned powders just don't. I am so happy to find such a perfect shade in such a fine-milled, silky formulation. And not only that, at $11 for a 3-3/4 oz (about 105 gm) tub, it is a great deal, especially compared with the powders of Benefit or Bobbi Brown herself.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I use this soft, yellow-toned powder nearly every day. It's not so much banana-coloured as banana pudding-coloured. Even the colorless "translucent" powders make me look chalky, or they have too much pink or beige in them for my complexion, even though I'm a very pale redhead. I have very warm, autumn colouring.

The powder is very soft, finely-milled, incredible coverage on my skin without making me feel like a greased and dusted cake pan. I can wear it alone or with foundation, and it hasn't caked up on me yet.

I'm not a big fan of most department store cosmetics, opting instead for the "theatrical" or "pro" lines like Ben Nye, Graftobian, La Femme, and Mehron for everyday use, so I haven't compared this to any other banana-coloured powder, but IMO, Ben Nye has always been at the top for powders and shadows. The texture beats out any MAC product I've used.

I know that some people have a problem with the container - it's not very convenient, but I work in a lab, so I have tons of plastic and glass petri dishes lying around my house that I use to mix makeup or sprinkle powder. Craft stores (or even garden stores) should have similar containers.

Ben Nye powders are among the best out there. I gotta say, Banana is a most perfect color for all of us lovely ladies with a golden-yellow-toned skin, who find that translucent powder can look white or chalky. It's a creamy golden yellow which blends beautifully, kills shine all day, and gives your skin a lovely color and texture. Highly recommended for the skin tone described. If your skin is more pink than yellow, try Pretty Pink!

A very sweet swapper sent me a sample to try, and I am sooooo in love with this product. I use it as a finishing powder and to tone down slight redness. It's just a dream- much much better than MAC's or any other powder I've tried!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this stuff. It's so light silky and a perfect color for me. I think it's better than my MAC loose powder. It also does wonders for controling oil w/ out drying out my skin. A must have!

Ben Nye powders come in various jar sizes with a very, very affordable price tag. A very kind swapper gave me 30g of this finely milled powder from her 3 oz jar. The powder has a yellow-beige color that suits most yellow based complexion. It gives a matte coverage to the face, and controls shine very well. Some say it is comparable to T.LeClerc's banane powder. I haven't tried T.LeClerc yet, not sure if I want to if I can get the same quality for a fraction of the price with Ben Nye's powder. The powder is starch-based, so it feels rather dry and coarse as opposed to the soft, plush feeling of talc-based powders.

My face looks healthy with it. It is very finely milled and cheap too!

This is a true yellow powder, but looks extremely natural on my yellow-toned complexion. I stray from time to time, but I always return to this for my everyday loose powder. Fine texture, no scent and evens out my skin without foundation--and it's reasonably priced too!

I own both this and the T. Leclerc Banane as well. It seems that the Ben Nye is a softer, less drying powder (almost moisturizing even), and the color is a little darker (barely) and a little more warm and golden. The T. Leclerc is more of a pale yellow that can sometimes look more whitish on the face--in comparison to the Ben Nye, that is. I think the Ben Nye adds more yellow pigmentation for a healthier look (depending on your skin tone), and the T. Leclerc is really good for canceling out redness, and adding highlight and mild "glow." When I first opened the container I thought that the powder had a distinct smell, but I've had it for less than a week and the odor seems to have disappeared. Overall, an extremely good deal for the price.