Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

on 1/7/2012 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Warning: This made me break out terribly! Wasn't crazy about it as a foundation, either. It's sheer like a tinted moisturizer and doesn't cover redness very well. Too bad, because I really need something now that my entire face is broken out. Avoid this if you're prone to acne.

on 1/7/2012 7:08:00 PM

All the Korean bb creams are too light and leaves a grey cast. I was excited that Smashbox came out with one with darker shades however, medium is too dark for my nc 35 skin. I needed a shade lighter but this was an online purchase and my local Sephora doesn't carry it. I used it alone and with my too faced amazing powder. I think this is best for dry-normal skin. It feels like a moisturizer and gives minimal coverage but good enough to even out my skin tone. You will need a concealer for pimples, dark circle, and scars. I have combination/acne prone skin and it doesn't break me out. There's a glow it gives off so if you like a matte finish, this is not for you. Makes you look dewy. I mix this with my bb cream from The Face Shop (non-returnable store), called oil cut because it's too light and set it with powder. I get great coverage and a natural finish. No more moisturizer and primer or sun screen for me. My friends thought I wasn't wearing any makeup and complimented my skin. I might buy it again with the right shade but I'm always up for trying new things. My only gripe is that there's so little product for almost $40. This does remind my of Physician's Formula tinted moisturizer spf50.

on 10/11/2011 3:35:00 PM

I hesitated to buy this. Normally I wear Smashbox Halo or Diorskin powder foundation, but lately my face has been looking washed out. I do not have dry or oily skin, but my skin is very sensitive. I really do like this BB cream. It is a little dry and thick. I put a light moisturizer on before I apply it (1 lippie off for that). You need to work quickly with this product and in sections. I put a small drop on my forehead, then blend it in, then another small drop on my nose and blend and so on until my face is done. This way the product applies smoothly. It provides more coverage than most TMs but does not feel heavy like a cream foundation. It imparts a nice subtle glow to my skin, not matte, but not shiny, perfect. It does not settle into fine lines and after 2 weeks of use, I have not had any adverse reactions to this product. I find it looks better on my skin without any powder on top. If you have very dry or very oily skin this may not work for you. It does seem a little pricey for the small amount, but I think this should last a long time. I use 5 small dots for my entire face. I got this in medium which is the color I use in Halo and it's a perfect shade for me. In Dior I use 040.

on 1/5/2012 3:15:00 PM

UPDATE: The only way I could make this work was by mixing it with the same brand's 15 Hr. foundation (one of my faves). The mixture resulted in a easy-to-blend, medium coverage foundation. It can, of course, be made sheerer or fuller, depending on how much of each is blended.

However, I'm totally underwhelmed by these BB creams. To me, they are nothing but glorified TMs. Oh, well. This trend will pass too.

------

There's a good deal of bruh-ha-ha going on about these BB creams ... and I'll be dashed if I can understand why. With one solitary exception (Clinique), the ones I tried were all greasy, sheer-coverage ... make that, NO coverage. And the colors were off, to say the least.

This new release by Smashbox is no different. I got a generous sample from one of the lovely girls at my local Sephora. The color I chose is Light, which is a good match. And that's the end of the good news. It blends nicely but that's only because it's so, uh, emollient (greasy). Coverage is nil, although I don't have pimples or dark acne scars (though I'm sure there will be the usual number of wishful-thinkers, who will convince themselves that this gives them coverage - a curious and recurring phenomenon, these days). And if you're oily, there's NO WAY you can wear this w/o powder and not look like a basted turkey in no time flat.

And all that joy for the modicum sum of $39? I don't think so. I'll pass.