Palladio Rice Powder

Rice PowderRice Powder

on 12/19/2003 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

i loved this! it really gave me an even-toned look and still felt silky. this was a great find.

on 11/29/2003 6:10:00 PM

i can't say much that hasn't been said already. so i'll just say this product is fantastic! i tried Natural, since i'm fair. i, too, apply with a big fluffy brush. it's just so great, i can't believe i never tried it before!

on 5/21/2003 7:18:00 PM

I normally don't worry about getting "shiny", as I don't really have oily skin. But come summer - ugh! I picked this up because I had heard a lot about it, and found it on sale. WOW. It is amazing! Looks soft & natural, but works like IRON against shine! It's been really hot & muggy here in california, and this powder has performed so well. My only complaint would be the strange way it is packaged - in a solid block that can be messy. I got "nude" which looks great on my MMM complexion.

on 6/19/2003 4:26:00 AM

This is a nice powder looks soft & smooth on the skin. You can get it at sally's beauty i apply it with my face secrets powder brush also purchased at sally's. This powder keeps the shine away,packaging is not a good thing could be very messy mine came in a small cube the lid doesn't fit tightly.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I accidentally found this in a drawer after dropping my Maybelline Shine-Free compact, and all I can say after trying it is WOW. This is my HG powder. I apply this with a make-up brush because a small amount provides even, natural-looking coverage. However, I dust my T-Zone a second time in order to keep that area matte, and I found this powder layers nicely. It doesn't look thick or caked on. I even feel comfortable using it without foundation, which is great because I don't like to put much product on my face in Florida's hot, humid weather. It has a light scent, like baby powder, but not too strong.

I gave the packaging a three because it comes in a small plastic box with no hinge. This allows the tightly-packed powder to break and crumble along the edges, so each time I lift the loosely-fitting lid, a bit of a mess is made. I solved this by leveling the product out with my brush, replacing the inner plastic lid, and shaking out the excess. Hope that made sense. Finally, I can't remember the price, but it is inexpensive at Sally's Beauty Supply, and I would recommend it to anyone who a)has oily skin or b)lives in a humid climate.

I really like this stuff. I have an oily t-zone and it really keeps the shine down for a long time. Just be sure and moisturize before you use it because it looks flaky and obvious on dry skin.

on 5/21/2002 5:56:00 PM

I have this knockoff of TLC in Banana. it is a pale yellow color and absorbs oil well. Not expensive ($5) and will last a long time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

IF you live somewhere where you are never (1) hot (2) humid or (3) both, you might want to skip this product.

If however you ever get hot, or sticky or both, I think you'll like this.

I just tried this powder because I have previously used and enjoyed the rice powder blotting papers. This nude colored powder is holding up to Hot Sticky Texas days quite well for me. I do apply it with a big brush to get the application even, because a little of this product goes a long way. I like the color and very matte texture. It doesn't feel heavy or perfumey.

If only it came in a better package. Be careful unwrapping because this powder comes in a solid cake and can break a bit and crumble at the edges.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I found this gem at Ulta for about $6. It comes in a little clear square box and is in a cake form about 1" high - very generous. I have the powder in Fair - which works perfectly for my PPP skin. It also comes in 3 other darker shades & translucent. The powder is like silk and I am sure is the same as many of the high end powders for 3 times the price - the packaging says it is the secret of makeup artists. It is perfect for setting eyeliner and concealer. Huge RAVE!!!!!!!