SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 5/17/2017 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn't notice any change whatsoever in my skin from this. That's good, from some perspectives - there are certainly plenty of products out there that have had quite dramatic bad effects on my poor temperamental face. Despite my going almost all the way through the bottle, there's absolutely no chance, if one day I meet my age-mate Cate Blanchett, of us holding a mutual admiration party over our youthful glows.

Very expensive. Watery and odd to apply. Unscented (perhaps a very faint sort of savoury aroma). Glass bottle (TILE, people, bathrooms are often lined in a thing called TILE and it is death to glass). I really don't know what else to say about it. It took up space in my bathroom cupboard, and over a hundred dollars from my bank account. I splashed it on my face morning and evening for a couple of months. Nothing happened.

on 5/4/2017 11:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I've used this for about a month now. No miracles here, but nothing bad either. I use this after cleansing but before other treatments and moisturizers. I have been a faithful AHA/BHA and retinoid user for at least 10 years, but as my skin has matured, I see more lip lines and crepe on my neck and chest. I expected this to help with smoothness and the neck and décolleté. Maybe it has done a little, but I cannot tell. Seems like high priced water... that's not good! I don't think I will repurchase, but I will soldier on and finish out the bottle--FWIW after a month I'm down about 1/3 of the bottle. So $33/month or $1/day seems reasonable for when you look at it that way.. Though if it isn't doing anything, then even that is too much!

**Update 7/18/17:
I used up the bottle and it took me another 2 months, so my previous estimate of amount and cost was accurate. Nonetheless, it made no difference to my skin as far as I can tell. No decrease in creepiness, no reduction in lip lines or increased brightness in skin unfortunately. Not repurchasing.

on 2/19/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm on my second bottle of this essence which one applies after cleansing but before moisturizer. I have slightly dry skin and am susceptible to mild eczema.
Pros:
- Helps skin retain moisture
- Evens out my skin tone
Cons:
Very expensive and glass bottle is too heavy for carry on travel bag.

This essence, used together with SK-II RNA cream, saved my skin this winter. I did not get eczema or dry patches.

on 4/25/2017 11:27:00 PM

I don't understand this overhyped product. It did not make any difference to my skin. Not a tonic but not a gel either. I regret buying it. My skin does not feel smoother or moisturized.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

For the price I would actually give this product minus 5 lippies. I have tried enough sk ii products to conclude that most of it is just really really successful marketing.
The truth is sk ii is just making you pay big bucks for mediocre formulas

I'm a young person with blemishes and acne scaring marks especially at the side of my face, clog pores and dry skin. My expectations of the sk ii Products that I used was to help solve the above concerns. I have used the FTE together with the spot specialist cellumination aura Essence and their stemcell cream.

After quite a lot of money it has not worked for me. Not one bit on top of that the cream wasn't even moisturizing enough for my dry skin. I started to think that maybe my expectations were too high but for the price can you blame me?

My only take away from sk ii is that I've learned to be much more conscious of the formula & ingredients in products

I have since been introduced to Korea Skin care products that has worked wonders for my skin. It has literally transformed my skin for the better and for much less money. If you are facing the same skin condition & problems like me I would recommend looking into products like Cosrx Aha & bha powder liquids Huxley toner, anti gravity cream Oil Essence and Whamisa deep rich Essence toner. The products are incredibly effective are high in natural ingredients and skin loving extracts for much less money.

My skin has never been this good skin puberty period

on 2/19/2017 7:30:00 AM

So the price is terrifying, especially when i got home and discovered it to be the texture of water...

Skeptical as hell I put a few drops onto my hand and patted it over my face, let it soak in for a bit and then moisturised. Initially my skin felt a little tight but thought little of it and went to bed.
Woke up the next morning and holy shit, my skin felt-and looked-incredible! The dry patches were gone, my face felt baby smooth and the normal morning redness was reduced (my cheeks still looked a little rosy but the rest of my face was calm ). The bottle lasts quite awhile, got it from DJs in a pack with the mask and lotion for around $100. Pricey, but with the ongoing battle to make my skin less dull it is the only thing that works so totally worth it.

on 1/7/2017 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My main concern and I would appreciate feedback is that there is absolutely no odor to my SK11 Treatment Essence. I purchased it from a reputable establishment. In my opinion it's either old or an updated formula without the stink. Kindly respond.

on 2/1/2017 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Got mine from the SK-II site directly. I like it and I'm using it with my shiseido eudermine.
But WOW this thing though, some key things to mention. The texture of the essence is like water. And compared to my Eudermine its even more watery with no stickyness whatsoever. It basically soaks into your skin so fast. When you apply it on your face, it feels like liquid silk.... if silk was a liquid. Odd right, but its SO smooth even though its clear and watery.

The other key point: smell. GOOD LORD it smells like natto/mildly smelling feet/blue cheese/etc. Like if any one of these had a perfume made, this would be it. I personally think it smells like natto (mildly stinking/sweaty feet), not like rice vinegar (see, this smells decent and actually like FOOD) I sort of reeled when I put it on the first time, and for a good week or so I had the barbaric urge to WASH my hands of the left over essence on my hands. Cause holy smellz!. If interested, would recommend buying directly from site so you would know how it smells and feels, its very distinct.

Effects: Moisturing? yes, check. Brightening? I think it might take a while to notice but it does have a SLIGHT effect. I cant say how fast though because I am pretty generous when applying the amount. Nightly 2-3 pumps first and 2-3 pumps 30 min later (I bought the big pump size)

on 1/18/2017 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have tried SK-II for like 10 days and I had to stop using it forever... well, it's partly my bad though.
It did wonder to my skin on the first few days, my skin was softer and a little brighter and then, it got all itchy.
My face didn't break out or anything but I got rash all over my face, it's hardly noticeable but it was super itchy.
I realized that I must be allergic since I have yeast allergy but only little, I can eat cake and bread
just not too much or too often, so, I think it might be okay since my allergy isn't that bad but I was wrong.
The product works on me but I wouldn't suggest it to people who has sensitive skin or slightest yeast allergy.

on 2/13/2017 5:29:00 AM

I have no idea how to write review about this product without being nasty about it. But I will do my best.

This is SK II most advertised product so I guess that is one of the factors I am so disappointed with it. Aside from the fact I felt I've been lied to. The SA never said anything about this product will sort of "detox" your skin. 2 weeks after first applying it trouble seems to appear on my skin. Starting from redness, small acne to major breakouts in several parts of my face. I complained to the SA and they simply told me to compress the acne with this product and it will go away. It DID NOT and call me a fool or whatever but I did what they told me to do. I purchased this product along with several other products recommended by the SA. I took skin test before starting using this product and I did good (scored at 75%). And now after 3 months of going through the whole giant bottle along with their other products my skin test dropped to below 50%.

Very much disappointed.