SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 1/18/2017 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have tried SK-II for like 10 days and I had to stop using it forever... well, it's partly my bad though.
It did wonder to my skin on the first few days, my skin was softer and a little brighter and then, it got all itchy.
My face didn't break out or anything but I got rash all over my face, it's hardly noticeable but it was super itchy.
I realized that I must be allergic since I have yeast allergy but only little, I can eat cake and bread
just not too much or too often, so, I think it might be okay since my allergy isn't that bad but I was wrong.
The product works on me but I wouldn't suggest it to people who has sensitive skin or slightest yeast allergy.

on 1/7/2017 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My main concern and I would appreciate feedback is that there is absolutely no odor to my SK11 Treatment Essence. I purchased it from a reputable establishment. In my opinion it's either old or an updated formula without the stink. Kindly respond.

on 12/22/2016 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wont deny, that this is a great product. It hydrates my sensitive and breakout prone skin to the max, leaving it dewy, bright and even. But as great as it is... this is the reason why I wont keep repurchasing it: there are many other products out there, with the same or even higher amount of pitera, that cost much less.

I switched to Cosrx Galactomyces 95 (95% pitera) essence and the results are just as awesome as with the SKII essence and it costs only 20$.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Im thankful for this product. I have combination (oily t zone, dry patches on cheeks),super sensitive and acne prone skin. My face went through an adjustment period or what they call "purge" for a wk. there were little bumps on my skin that looked like an allergic reaction. I almost stopped using this but i still gave it a chance. I also have a window for skin care products so my skin will adjust (having a super sensitive skin). I thought if my skin will continue reacting that bad then ill stop using it but lo and behold,after a wk,my skin is getting better. My skin has become less sensitive and i got more clear skin. Also i love how soft my skin is after using this. It wont moisturize the skin though but will leave your skin soft and glowing. Not a fan of the smell but i can live with it since its not that strong. I wish it was cheaper though. If you want your skin to have a better texture,less sensitive,clear and glowing then try this.

on 12/20/2016 3:11:00 AM

Very hydrating

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I tried to skip this because of the price, but my skin was angry. It really works to be honest. I can see the improvement of controlling my acne. It really makes my skin smooth and soft.

I know it is expensive, but you can get this cheaper if you buy from Asian countries. The 5.0 fl oz bottle can last for 4-5 months (mine lasts almost 8 months) of you use 3-4 drops, twice a day and pat directly onto your skin

on 10/23/2016 7:35:00 PM

I re'cd this in one of those Sephora packages that groups together different types of skincare. This stuff is crazy expensive and so I won't be buying it after I finish my little bottle, but I will say that my skin seems to be more luminous.

When I finish this bottle, I'll buy the Tony Moly dupe for $22. It has even more pitera and I've always found TM products to be high quality

on 11/20/2016 10:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is my Holy Grail product and I will keep repurchasing despite the exorbitant price. Now you may be thinking, why would you spend this much money on a toner? Because it really works. Every time my skin breaks out I can always depend on this bottle of Pitera magic to clear up my face. Every single time. I don't use it every day because I am cheap so it does last me a while. It is not moisturizing so you may need to follow up with another toner if you are dry, and people say that it smells like saliva but it doesn't bother me. I cannot describe how much I love this product. Everybody buy buy buy.

on 11/22/2016 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To debrief, I have super sensitive, acne-prone, dry combo skin. What a mouthful. To be honest, I've always seen SKII being a 'holy grail' brand due to the amount of people praising their products and also because of their prices (because expensive means better, right?). So one day I decided to buy the Pitera Essence Set which included the Facial Treatment Essence 75mL, Facial Treatment Mask 1pc and the Facial Treatment Clear Lotion 30mL all for $100. Normally, you can get the Facial essence 75mL for the same price, however, this is probably a better deal, especially if this is your first time trying it.

Now for starters, this product has quite a lot of claims including that: "In just 14 days, your skin’s 5 dimensions are visibly transformed: age spots are less visible, appearance of wrinkles is reduced, skin texture is more refined, firmness is improved, and radiance is beautifully elevated. Skin becomes breathtakingly crystal clear."

However, I beg to differ. The texture of the essence and lotion is like water, however, there have been a few people online complaining about the smell of the essence. For me, I am not bothered by the smell, but there are some days where the smell is definitely more potent than others. Now onto the real review of this product.

Using this product did not disrupt my super sensitive skin, and I actually found my skin becoming 'less sensitive' (as in my skin wasn't breaking out into red patches frequently). I should also mention it did almost nothing for my acne, as my pimples were still very much on my face just as it was before i used this product.
However, within the first few days I found a noticeable difference in the texture of my skin, and the size of my blackheads and pores around my nose. However, that was it. I continued using it for the next 3 months, and my pores and blackheads reverted back to normal but the texture of my face was still smooth.
Currently, i have stopped using it and my skin seems to be doing just fine without using it. Would I recommend it? Well, if you have problems with the texture of your skin, sure! But would I buy it again? Definitely not. There are many cheaper alternatives out there on the market. In fact, I'm using one from Missha that is half the price and does the job just as well. The only good thing that I would recommend buying from the set is the Facial Treatment Mask as that really helps tighten your skin - I could literally feel the difference.

Nevertheless, this product is good for people who are having problems with the texture of their skin, however, you should keep in mind that there are many cheaper alternatives out there. It should also be noted that what might not work for me doesn't always mean that it will never work for anyone else, as everyone has different skin types and thus different products will work for them. However, if you have been dying to finally try a SK-II product, than why not give this a shot.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

So apparently it is supposed to help brighten your skin and do another bunch of miraculous things...

I have tried it for the past month or so using it day and night and well I have not seen any major improvements at all! I mean yeah it moisturised and hydrated my skin, but I could easily get a million other products under the sun to do the same thing, and better.

I am thankful that I only got the travel sized bottle and didn't waste $$$ on a larger sized bottle! I wish I could go back to the SK-II counter and exchange it for some sake instead... don't give me the by product give me the main product. At least I can drink my sorrows away by buying this product and to have high hopes for it and then it doing nothing for my skin.

It has been a few months since I posted the above review and I have persevered with using the FTE and my God the results have been amazing! Not only my skin is hydrated, dewy and also emitting that natural glow, but on one side of my face, my acne scars have faded dramatically (I think because of it!) - the other side of the face, well the acne thinks its fun to still have a hoot there, but on the other side it is definitely improved a lot. So much so I purchased the largest bottle they have for sale! So my views on the product have DEFINITELY changed!