Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

3.4

on 10/29/2010 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Um, I'm sorry but THIS >>>>>>>>>> UDPP ..... it seems like everyone else's HG primer is UDPP but I find this to work WAAAAAY better!! And to think, this stuff has just sitting on my dresser unopened for almost a year now!!! I'm sorry I didn't crack it open EARLIER!!! 5 LIPPIES!!!

on 6/8/2010 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I absolutely love this stuff. It covers all the veins and such on my oily eyelids and stays put for over 24 hours. My eyeshadow stays on and doesn't budge at all. Usually my eyeshadow creases in a few hours due to oily lids. I usually use a roll on shadow from Sue Devitt and then regular shadows and liner and mascara. You get a lot in the jar and you don't need much to cover your lids, just besure to let it dry before applying eyeshadows on it. I have a tube of UDPP and can't stand that stuff nor its packaging. If you need a eyeshadow base I reccommend this one.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best eyeshadow base ever!!!! It does exactly what it promises: the eyehsadow stays in place all day long, no creasing, no smudging, applies really smoothly and the texture is so light.

on 11/26/2009 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I can't comment about the long wear of this base but so far so good! The colour pay off is brilliant! Very happy with this product. I don't know why more people don't like it but I personally love it. Will definitely repurchase. Well worth the 12!

on 4/14/2010 11:14:00 AM

baronesserl said it all. It does what the product says it does. I've tried other and most recently Benefit Stay Don't Stray. It's Ok but the pump always give me more than I need. I have only two lids and the pump, no matter how gently I push, I still get enough for seven people. It's very wasteful. Yes, I understand that people don't like products in a bottle where you have to stick you finger in but I just swipe with two fingers and I'm done - always with clean hands. You don't need a lot. I have a back up just in case.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

THIS IS MY HG SHADOW BASE. I LOVE THE WAY MY SHADOW STAYS WITH THIS AND THE POP OF COLOR IT GIVES MY SHADOWS. THE PRODUCT CONSISTENCY IS JUST AS THE UDPP BUT THE GREAT THING ABOUT IT IS THAT IT COMES IN A POT INSTEAD OF THAT GENIE BOTTLE LOOKING THINGY (I HATE THAT PACKAGING) YOU LOOSE SOO MUCH PRODUCT ON THAT. TO ME IT WORKS AND FEELS THE SAME BUT AGAIN THE POT MAKES ME GO TO ESTEE LAUDER. I REALLY RECOMMEND TO TRY THIS STUFF.

on 7/7/2009 2:02:00 AM

Am glad I bought this from EL corporate store and it costed me only AUD$20. Overall am happy with the product and my eyeshadow stayed longer and colour looked better. I have excessively oily lids. However this product dint exactly help me in more humid climate :(

on 6/25/2009 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily lids and had tried UDPP as my 1st foray into primers and loved the product, but was SO disappointed by the packaging. I discovered the EL base when they released the double Wear creme shadows recently. It is packaged in the same way as the shadows except the lid is navy not gold. It is a slightly peach toned creme base which I apply with my ring finger all over my eye including the brow before any other make up. I then apply my e/s, liner and brows. If I have any fallout I clean this away before applying more e/s base below my lower lash line. It makes the dark shadows there disappear before my very eyes as it has a peachy base to it.(I'm a PPP) It also prevents my lower liner and mascara from migrating south during the day!! Once I've finished applying all my eyemake (except mascara) I complete the rest of my face. Another plus is that it also helps my brow pencil to stay put! When I use this base my e/s colour is true to the pan shade and lasts until I decide to remove it, with absolutley no creasing. When I run out I will definitely repurchase. It is of a similiar price to UDPP, but doesn't con the consumer as you can get at ALL of the product.

on 7/21/2009 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I was in search of an eyeshadow primer/base because I've ran into really sucky ones lately. I picked up this product at the store and I'm digging it so far! I bought 06 Ivory Lace, which is nude with a hint of shimmer. I think it's a great base because it neutralizes the eyelid BUT still gives it a little bit of GOOD coloring. I'd definitely going to try the other colors!

This was not a "bad" product, however I am not impressed with it either. I found the glass jar an awkward method to remove product and the primer does not go on smooth.