Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

4.4

Naked & Flesh: Contains: Talc, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfuoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide, Chromium Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake.

on 9/3/2004 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This loose powder does look quite natural, however, if you apply even a little too much, you will look as though you are wearing powder. I barely use any at all and it does a great job of keeping my gel blush in place and preventing my forehead and nose from looking shiny. This has never caused me to break out. I do wish, however, that the container was a bit less messy. (This seems to be a problem with most loose powders I have tried, though.) Also, I don't use the little velour puff/pad that comes with it--I just shake a little out and apply it with a big kabuki brush. I will most likely re-purchase this when I run out, which probably won't be for a couple years. UPDATE 10/2005: I have hardly used this since my initial review. I rarely wear makeup and when I do, I find that loose powders (or powders, in general, really) just look like powder sitting atop the skin (no matter the brush I use to apply it, etc.). This isn't a terrible product, but I don't know that I'll be repurchasing it, as I still have most of a jar left and I just don't use powder these days (with the now and then exception of my Bonne Bell powder bronzer).

on 7/26/2004 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a fabulous loose powder. I can't believe that it is sold at the local Target. It's better quality than most of the highend loose powders that I have tried and loved. This wonderful silky smooth powder sets my concealer very well and helps to control oil. I love how it makes my skin glow. The sheerness of Flesh was a perfect color match for my NC35-42 skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this powder. It gives a really flawless finish. The best I've found of lower end makeup. My one complaint is that they made it smaller. I noticed that the container was half the size from the last time I bought it. How annoying.

on 6/23/2004 9:59:00 PM

I was looking for a drugstore loose powder and did not have high expectations...but this powder really exceeded my expectations. It really goes on smoothly without looking chalky. I was using the MAC blot powder before this and find this to be far superior. It goes on very smooth and has a very natural finish. It helps to give you that poreless look. I recommend this. Price is kind of high considering how small the container is, but I'd rather repurchase more often than have a large container where the powder sits for a long time exposed to the air.

I like this product! It makes me a bit pale-looking but it really covers up any oilies and doesn't look too heavy. It's a bit on the expensive side for a drugstore-type brand though.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I previously reviewed this product, and gave it five lippies. What has changed so drastically to make me re-think my opinion? Well, the price recently skyrocketed from $17.50 per ounce to $71.50 per ounce. The amount of product in the container went from 0.458 oz. (13 grams) for $8 to 0.14 oz (3.9 grams) for $10. While the product itself is of top-notch, superlative quality, the two color choices are sorely lacking (Naked is too light for most and Flesh is too dark for most), and now the price has skyrocketed overnight, placing itself out of reach in the long term. Sure, you might buy this powder once (be sure to buy both colors because you'll likely have to mix). To continue using this powder, my per year cost would be at least $200, and likely more! This product is no longer the affordable luxury it once was.

on 6/7/2004 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This product is unbelievable! Gives flawless coverage (not full coverage as it lets some of your natural shine/radiance come though and I mean shine in a good way). There is no odor as far as I can tell. And the powder is very finely milled, so it goes on like silk and not splotchy whatsoever. My only complaint (and hence the 4 lippies) is that the powder gets ALL OVER the place. I tap off all the excess and yet you're still standing in a cloud of loose powder. But I can overlook this. :) continued >>

on 4/19/2004 1:00:00 PM

This is a very nice powder. Has a luminous, not matte finish - but it isn't as "glowy" as Clinique Gentle Light, which is great, b/c GL is a little too shimmery for me. I'd buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It was okay. I still like my Laura Mercier Translusent Powder the best. :-)

on 4/4/2004 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i really like it! it works just as well as any other high-end brands... but don't use the puff it comes w/... really useless... instead, use her powder brush! works uber well!!