Everyday Minerals Swimming Pool

4.5

Not tested on animals

I was extremely surprised to see this color when I first got it because I was expecting a pinky mauve as described on the EM Website--like a light version of Plum Dust. I even emailed one of you MUAers to make sure I had gotten the right color, lol!
It turns out that Swimming Pool is more of a brown-toned pinky-peach instead with a matte finish although I do notice a little bit of a sheen when applied. It's not quite as warm and light as Weekend Getaway, but is in the same color family (on me, anyway). Because of this color's brown tones, this does make a good summer blush as it imparts a sunkissed, almost bronzer look--but with some color.
Also note that when I was trying to find the mauve tones, I wanted to see what this color looked like wet: it did turn quite a bit darker and I could sort of see some mauve in it although, to me, it still had the rich earthier tones. I also noticed a very light pink sheen as an overtone to it. continued >>

Well, I never pay any attention to online swatches, but the descriptions on EM's site are usually better than this -- I don't see "pinky-mauve" anywhere in this pot, which looks more like a bronzer with some pink/red undertones. It's a very warm-toned colour and much too dark for this PPP. It could be a great colour for someone with light-medium skin who wants a matte bronzer with a little more colour to it than plain brown, but it's completely wrong for me, so it's going back.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I adore this blush! I've long since learned to disregard the swatches on the everyday minerals website, so far, NONE of the swatches for the colors I've picked resembled the colors they were representing in real life. Consequently, I just randomly pick a color and hope it works. This one was picked in just such a manner and I was floored when I actually received it. It is darker than the swatch; a sort of peachy mauve with some tan that looks absolutely gorgeous. It is hard to describe, and my description doesn't do it justice, but I loved the way it looked when I brushed it on. Like the rest of EM's blushes, this one is highly pigmented, so you need to use only a little and apply it with a light hand. Also like the rest of the EM products, the jars have to be kept upright at all times, or else you'll get a ton of product all over your lap, counter, vanity, etc. when you open it (I really wish EM would use jars where you can block the sifter, as you can with a canister of talc). As I got this as part of a set, this was really cheap. EM does provide great deals.

This is one of their new blush shades. I would compare it to Nick Nack only it has some brown or tan pigment to it, so it's sort of a pinky brown shade. Very natural looking. No shimmer. I have light skin and it gives a nice natural flush to my face. My other favorites are Apple and Nick Nack.