L'Oreal Elvive Nutri-Gloss shampoo

L'Oreal Elvive Nutri-Gloss shampoo

3.9

Aqua / WaterSodium Laureth SulfateSodium ChlorideDimethiconeCocamidopropyl BetaineCyclodextrinCI 17200 / Red 33Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium ChlorideNacre PowderSodium BenzoateHydrolyzed Wheat ProteinHydrolyzed Wheat StarchSodium HydroxidePPG-5-Ceteth-20Jojoba Wax PEG-120 EstersSalicylic AcidLimoneneLinaloolBenzyl AlcoholAlpha-Isomethyl IononeCarbomerButylphenyl MethylpropionalCitronellolCitric AcidHexyl CinnamalParfum / Fragrance

on 11/14/2011 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

This shampoo is amazing. First of all, I'm not one of those ladies who are lucky enough to have straight and oily hair, my hair is frizzy, wavy/curly, poofy, you name it. I got sick of moisturising shampoos because most of them are actually drying and leave terrible build-up, I've tried Redken All Soft, Dove's Dryness Care and L'Oreal Elvive's re-nutrition line but they're all drying. So I decided to not buy a moisturising shampoo, and I bought this instead. This is the best. It's easy to get, cheap and it doesn't dry my hair out. It makes my hair feel soft and manageable! I've already repurchased.

on 11/9/2011 8:00:00 AM

I bought this shampoo because a friend of mine recommended it. It's just bad for my hair. It makes my hair dry, frizzy, and static. I will never use it again!

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

This review is for the Light version for hair that greases up fast. Its my HG shampoo along with its conditioner! I always come back to this, no matter what as my hair feels clean and light after using it!

on 10/11/2011 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is actually quite a good shampoo. I usually use the damage care line if I pick up a L'Oreal shampoo because I straighten my hair because I cannot stand it natural nor can I make it look good natural. However the shiny pink packaging made me more attracted to this one. The one I bought seems to be in a new packaging because it says that it has 'new reinforced actives' as well as being called 'nutri gloss light' as opposed to the traditional nutri glosses I have seen. My hair is really thick but not prone to greasiness at all luckily I was just attracted to this shampoo because I wanted my hair to feel more lightweight and have the 'mirror shine' the bottle claims it will give. My hair looks shiny now it feels really silky soft as well as feeling a lot lighter on my head. Really liked it and the effect was especially doubled when I teamed the shampoo with the conditioner.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this shampoo with the conditioner and after my hair was very very shiny and soft and smooth! Whats more my hair didn't get greasy as quickly! I like the pink bottle it comes in and the consistency osf the shampoo. It doesn't feel too heavy on my hair. I would buy this again however i have to alternate between shampoos otherwise my hair just goes dull and greasy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this product is excellent! I have long, thick, brown hair that easily turns greasy. Other shampoos have made my hair look horrible on the 2nd day but this one makes it last much longer. I never use conditioner because my hair gets greasy but this shampoo alone stilll made my hair shiney!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

In Asia I think this is called Elseve, not Elvive? It's the same pink bottle though. I'm on my second 400ml bottle and I'm still loving it. This is by far the best drugstore shampoo I've tried and believe me I've tried a lot; Pantene, Dove, Herbal Essences, etc. I have rather oily scalp/roots but dry hair. What I like most about the shampoo is the fact that it makes my hair look less dull and makes my scalp stay fresh for more than a day. That's really rare since I live in a humid, tropical country. It can be a bit too drying but I always use the complimentary conditioner and so far my hair has been really soft and smooth. No complain! :)

I'm slowly making my way through each elvive range and since shampoo always runs out before conditioner I'm using the Nutri-Gloss shampoo with the smooth intense conditioner. My hair does feel a little different since using this shampoo. It is a bit easier to straighten which is a bonus for my very thick, wavy hair. Shine wise I'm not sure if I've noticed a difference because, I straighten my hair everyday and use moroccan oil so, without sounding conceited, it does have a bit of shine anyway. I am keen to try the whole range (ie conditioner and mask) to see if that makes a difference; I have a feeling it would.

It is a very light shampoo so if you are looking for frizz defense or wanting to calm your curls this might not be what you are looking for. If you want something with a bit of weight to it, try the total repair shampoo.

I'm not going to consider re-buying this until I have tried all of the elvive products and decided what suits me best.

Overall I'm pretty happy with this and would have no problem making this my daily shampoo.

on 9/21/2010 3:58:00 PM

I have long thick brunette hair, which isn't dyed and this product made it really easy to straighten, my hair felt so soft! Would definitely recommend this product if you want soft swishy hair!

on 7/2/2010 5:10:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Best shampoo and conditioner I've ever used!

Keeps hair soft and healthy whilst smelling great. The scent stays in the hair for ages!