Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.7

I use quite a few powders at the moment - I love this one in the summer or the winter. i must admit It's one of those ones that sits in the drawer and is a little forgotten at times, but everytime I use it I always fall back in love with it. It feels AMAZING and cooling on the skin, and seems to diffuse out any abnormalities in skin tone and small lines. Seems to make me look fresh and dewy without looking greasy. I find it stays on really well for a powder too. I use it either alone or over a liquid foundation. It is quite expensive (sorry I cant remember how much I paid, just remember thinking "ouch" at the time...) but you do get quite a lot of product (35g), and it lasts for up to two years. I would probably miss this if I didn't have it, so would repurchase it....

I read a lot of negative reviews about this product but I happen to love this powder. I use it over the Traceless liquid foundation. I use a big brush and lightly dust my face with this powder and it gives my skin a shimmery look. It gives the illusion of perfect skin. I use to use MAC foundation but I always had to get new foundation for the winter or summer months. I can use this powder year round and I don't have the "made up" look. I received so many compliments when I started using this powder. I took away one lippie because the product is kind of expensive. So like one of the other members mentioned if you are looking for a powder that gives a lot of coverage this is not the one for you but if you are looking for minimal coverage this powder will not disappoint you.

on 10/30/2008 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

In this powders defense this is the first and only time I've tried it. In the jar, it looks very interesting and weird. It's like a wet, jellied powder. You can tell this is not your ordinary powder. I applied it this morning circa 8 am to set my foundation, yes the cooling effect was phenomenal, and I found it very easy to blend etc. At first glance it looked a tad whitish on my skin, so I'm not sure how translucent this is, but it did give a finished look. In the light (good old regular sunlight), it is shimmery and may be a tad much for some people, this was not a problem for me. Fast forward to 1 pm and the MU had practically melted off my face. This never happens to me, ever. I don't have a T-zone issue, or oily skin and besides I've tried numerous powders and this never happened, ever! The culprit?? I'll say it's the "wet" in the powder. Apparently my skin drank it up, with blush, highlighter, and bronzer all together, literally! Seriously all I had left was my eye MU. I can't imagine what else it could have been other than my face absorbing the moisture this powder left behind. I also noticed along my hairline there was a color shift. My foundation looked a little yellowish-don't know what all that was about, it's still a mystery. I will try again before I send it back and will edit posting if there was some drastic changes from my first trial. Should this fail me, I have my MAC hyper real pressed powder which is divine and therefore don't know why I was looking for another??? I suppose to confirm. Get this only if the store has an excellent and honorable return policy.

on 9/16/2008 9:27:00 AM

I love this product. I have ok skin but high colour and freckles and this tones me down and make me looks poreless.

It sounds to me as if the negative comments are from people who are putting too much on at a time. Use over foundation or primer. Use a big brush, just a light dusting. Concentrate on problem areas and you will look flawless.

I think it's fabulous. I totally get why Prescriptives products are pricey. They rock. See review of compact powder - also fabulous.

on 5/18/2008 1:21:00 PM

Over-priced, too sparkly, cakes if you use too much. Nice cooling effect when you're applying it, but it seriously isn't worth the money.

on 5/10/2008 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Magic powder is great to set makeup with, although, if you want a full coverage and plan on setting it with this, then I would rethink that, also not good for acne prone skin, The reason why I love this product is because of the finish it gives in photos, it looks great , this skin looks vibrant and full of life without looking shiny or oily, and I guess the cooling sensation is kinda cool too.

on 4/18/2008 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

In my opinion, this is more novelty than anything. The liquid-powder texture is unique and it feels wonderful when applied with a big soft face brush. But the "magic" ends there. It doesn't do anything special. It's not illuminating and it doesn't create an illusion of perfection or whatever it is that Prescriptives claims it does. Staying power is a joke. It is fun to play with and feels nice and gives the appearance of a more polished face when it is first applied, and for that it rates 3 stars. But it is not in any way special, and I don't think it's worth the price.

on 3/16/2008 11:14:00 PM

I love this product! I has cooling sensation! There is nothing with this product, I don't know why many people has such bad review. I'm using it and I love it, I would buy again!

on 2/25/2008 4:29:00 PM

This product really doesn't have a purpose at all. It doesn't have color, it doesn't set foundation, it doesn't control oil. It's really hard to see and is just a waste of money.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for about 4 months. When I first bought it, I loved it - the cooling sensation, the slight shimmer and the fact that it is transluscent and not cakey. I have since noticed, however, that it does not do a good job at setting my make-up. Rather, it unsets my make-up. For example, I will do a flawless foundation face with the By Terry LE or LM and then I will set with this powder but it will cause the foundation to become patchy and uneven in some areas, especially my T-zone. This is disappointing as I love everything else about this powder, it is so hard to find a powder that it has not got too much coverage and is not too matte.
I guess I will have to keep looking for my HG loose powder!