Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

2.8

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I returned this makeup after one use. I did not like the way that you had to squeeze the foundation through a foundation brush that was attached to the top of the tube. I found application with this brush a bit tricky and had to use my own sponge to finish it off. I also did not like the way that the foundation actually seemed to call attention to my wrinkles. I am 37 and am beginning to develop wrinkles on my forhead and around my eyes, and this stuff seemed to accentuate my wrinkles, not smooth them. I did not give the make up a chance to do any of the repairing of the skin that it claims to do, because I couldn't stand the way I looked. I even had a rebate that would have made the makeup free, but I returned it instead. Definitely will not repurchase.

on 4/12/2007 11:55:00 AM

I see all the negative reviews.I on the other hand really liked this product.Although I agree..Y need to use a sponger for application..I use this for work and it holds up better then most evewn my..merle norman foundation comes off on my clothing while I work...This however didnt.cudos..And since I have oily skin it didnt seem to clog my pores and cause acne which is a battle for me at the age of 39..I will buy this again..The only problem I have is that it leaked from the side of the tube...

on 3/30/2007 11:35:00 PM

This is the first PF product that has completely failed me. I like the mineral powders and the mineral liquid foundation. This was an "emergency" purchase while I was out of town. I had recently discovered the liquid mineral and liked it but had a full tube so I thought I would try this for something different.

I normally don't wear liquid foundation and if I do I just use it under my eyes or on blemishes. I prefer just to wear some powder most of the time but I was having a bad skin day. This was awful. Regardless of my bad skin day, I applied this and then went into the bathroom of the nearest Starbucks and washed it off - bad skin was better than this cakey mess :(

The color match was good, but unlike the mineral liquid it sat completely on top of my skin, was streaky, and dried me out within seconds. It was almost like applying a tinted clay mask.

Anyway, when I got back home I tried several methods of application - fingers, brush, sponge, thining it out with moisturizer, etc. Nothing works. It still looks and feels like a clay mask.

I tried again today to use it on my undereye circles from allergies and a blemish on my temple, but once again didn't make it past the door with this on my face. You know it is serious when I would rather leave the house with nasty circles and a huge blemish because the cover-up is worse!

I normally love PF products. I have never been dissapointed before. This just didn't work for me - still my favorite d/s line for powder and MMU tho.

on 2/20/2007 5:00:00 PM

I haven't tried this yet--I will later today and this week. I just wanted to leave my mark here so I wouldn't forget to review it. Right now it's on sale at Walgreens, and there's a rebate online so the product is free. At that cost, I'll try any cosmetic! I'm only 25, but my eyes have been subjected to 10+ years of contact tugging, and so I thought this might help them smooth out, in addition to covering my horrendous dark circles. I bought Classic Ivory, and we'll see how it matches.
EDIT: Okay, so now I've tried it. *Tries not to laugh* This is awful, awful stuff! It only covers my wrinkle-free cheeks smoothly, but forget about the 2 teensy forehead lines and the smile line on either side of my mouth! It filled in the creases prominently, and when I blended them out, filled them in again (and again)! The color was pretty good, however, and my cream blushes blended right in with the formula nicely. I used the Olay Microdermabrasian last night, and should look very smooth today, but this highlights every tiny speck of dry skin that remains. Holy cow, this stuff is terrible. I'm so glad I mailed in the rebate form--this isn't even worth the sale price--it makes me look even older! I didn't notice any "freezing" of my skin--except where it made a wrinkle under my right eye that lasted hours after I washed it off! My face is not tight and dry with it on; rather it's dewy, and I can keep blending away the creased parts with my fingertips. Did it not "set" properly on my skin? continued >>

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is an interesting idea for a makeup--adding GABA for wrinkles. It does a decent job of taking care of the creases. Because it is such a thick liquid, I usually only apply it to areas of my face where there are creases. You do not have to apply a lot. In fact, it looks much better if you apply this makeup sparingly--for heavens sake, use a sponge, not the silly brush that's attached. I haven't had ANY of the problems of the reviewers below. It doesn't settle into my fine lines, either. Overall, I'd say this is a pretty good product IF you want some boost your fight against wrinkles. If you are young (20s, early 30s), please don't buy it. It's not made for you.

on 1/27/2007 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm a PPP and I wear BB Porcelain. I'm a pale ivory with yellow undertones.

I bought this in Classic Ivory. The color was a good match.

I was skeptical about the brush, it seems like a cheap knock off of YSL Touch Eclat foundation, I was surprised that it did blend the product nicely, but I wondered how to wash the brush without getting water into the foundation? I can't just leave the brush unwashed, that seems gross!

My skin is combination and I don't need a lot of coverage. What made me dislike this product is that it settled into my pores like little flesh toned dots and it stayed that way all day! My pores aren't so big and I don't get this effect from other foundations.

I didn't notice any facial firming effect (and to be honest,I wasn't expecting any). I suggest you save your money. I'll be returning this to Walgreens.

on 1/24/2007 5:20:00 PM

This product is scary. It actually "froze" my face so that I couldn't smile -- the corners of my lips turned down instead of up! Thank goodness that those effects wore off after an hour. Then the makeup started to "flake". I chose the ivory which was really too light for my pale skin, made me look like I was dead. I am going to return it to the drugstore where I purchased it. I guess I got a glimpse into how "botox" would work on me -- no thanks, I'll take the wrinkles!

on 1/23/2007 11:13:00 PM

This foundation does what it claims--it does diminish the appearance of wrinkles because it contains GABA, the key ingredient in all those ice/freeze creams. Unfortunately, after the foundation dries, you're left with a very stiff Kabuki-like face, which is obviously made-up and unnatural. The lightest shade--Porcelain Ivory, I think--looks dark in the bottle but actually runs quite pale, which makes me think the formula has a lot of titanium dioxide in it. In fact, this foundation's texture remind me quite a bit of Illuminare liquid mineral foundation, which, too, comes in a very pale shade. To warm the foundation up and give it a more natural appearance, I blended some moisturizer into it and that seemed to do the trick. I obtained a semi-matte foundation with excellent coverage that seemed to suppress the lines running from my nose to my mouth.

I must mention this product's container because, like those of many PF products, it's sort of weird. The cap has a foundation brush attached, which is not the world's greatest idea because you have to leave the foundation uncapped in order to wash the brush after each use.

I purchased this product because it was free with rebate and unless PF changes the packaging, I don't plan to repurchase. Neverless, if you play with this foundation and add a little primer or moisturizer, you can get excellent coverage and the benefit of the GABA, which is a premium ingredient. I tried it around my eyes and it was a better concealer than PF's CoverTox ten concealer, which was far too thin for my taste.