Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/24/2013 12:25:00 AM

Great palette. Silky, blendable shadows. 10 colors to compliment any skin tone or eye color. I have used this for years and love that I can change it up to compliment my outfit color or just to add a burst of color to my Naked palette. Last Call adds a great cranberry color that goes with everything. My only complaint is that Shattered tends to fade if you forget to put on your primer, but it fades to nice color so it's not really a negative issue.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I know there is much rave about this pallets. I got it several years ago when it just came out. Tried it a few times, just found it too glittery to blend well. The sparkling powder falls on my lash often, makes my lash look clumsy and messy. Maybe eye shadow primer is a way to get around with the dusty issue, but UDPP gave my eyelids break out after just one try. It could be a good palette, just not for me.

Cute packaging, and a ton of really fun shades to work with. Only buy this palette if you like glitter! Every eyeshadow has shimmer or a "sheen" to it. Oil Slick, Mildew, and Chopper are some of my favorite shades. "Last Call" is also beautiful!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

My latest acquired palette and I absolutely adore it!I have the the Ammo 2 palette, which has the newer formula of shadows (it is also much better).

The colours are super pretty and very wearable even for everyday looks. The purple/lilac shades are especially beautiful.

The only negative thing with the shadows is the glitter fallout. I have that problem with all UD shadows though and have changed my makeup routine to make it easier. I apply my shadow before I do the rest of my face. That way, I can wipe off the excess glitter without ruining my face makeup.

on 5/19/2013 2:24:00 PM

I tried my hardest to love this palette but it just had do much glitter I strayed away from it often. They are very pigmented shades which Urban Decay I known for BUT the glitter is like glue when it gets on your face. Lots of fallout. It would be good if you have shadow shields though! I use my Naked2 and Basic palette everyday though!

I was really stoked to purchase this palette for 12$ on sale at the Urban Decay website as this was a total steal because all of there palettes are up there in price. The palette comes in a cardboard like casing and magnetized for closing and opening with a velvey texture on the cover. Every shade in this palette is gorgeous and super pigmented with glitter in them. There isn't a single shade that I wouldn't use here. The only issue I have is some of the glitter falls all over your face and cannot be brushed off or covered with concealer so this is something to just accept and im sure this is something beyond their control as glitter is loose. I love all of the colors and would only really buy it again at a bargained price as im on a budget. Highly recommended as the colors are very easy to work with and really stunning.

on 5/3/2013 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I was very tempted to give this a lower rating. The colors are very sparky, and there was an insane amount of fall out. Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy helped somewhat.

The colors lasted for a few hours but not as long as my Naked palette. Also, I thought they weren't as smooth and easy to work with.

on 5/6/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this set on a whim- and I really wish I hadn't. There is so much shimmer and glitter fallout, I look like I'm going to a rave. Which would've been cool in 1999, when I was 21, but I'm getting a bit too old for that look now. The color selection is pretty, but most of the colors don't work well together, so it's more of a random collection than a pallette, in my opinion. The pigmentation is pretty good, but the colors do seem to fade over the course of the day on me. (Other than the glitter, which never dies.) The packaging that it comes in is quite cool looking and unique, but I'm not wearing the packaging, so that's not really much to recommend it for. I don't get much use out of this product, unfortunately.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I don't actually like UD, but I have a bad habit of buying their palettes, for some reason. Anyway, Urban Ammo is a 10-pan which features a good mix of neutrals, including golden bronze (pearl), light gold (glitter), light fawn/chocolate milkshake (glitter), champagne (glitter), black (glitter) and white (glitter), plus colors - pinky-plum (satin), lilac (glitter), medium aqua with strong golden shimmer, and deep leafy green (pearl). I find UD shadows to be sheer even over primer, and the glittery shades all have dreadful fallout, but they do have a nice soft texture. The packaging, as is usual with UD, is both cute and well-made: black case with a luxe yet edgy lavender/purple flocked velvet design, plus a great magnetic closure that keeps it from opening in my bag and getting e/s all over everything. I mostly use this palette as a grab and go for vacations, romantic weekends, etc. when I don't want to have to think about what makeup to bring. Oddly, out of everything included, I've gotten the most use out of the double-ended sponge applicator that came with. I use it to apply shadow to the lid - since it's almost the length of a normal brush, it's easier to work with than the conventional tiny ones.

on 5/3/2013 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

As a medium dark African American in her early 50's no less,and luckily I have no wrinkles yet and I love this pallette. Yes, it does have way too much fallout so I just use it with my ELF mascara shield. Because it is so glittery :-) I don't use this on my entire eye. I balance the sparkle with some matte shadow from UD Naked Basics. I got it super cheap on sale for 16.00.