Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

Aphogee  Intensive Keratin Reconstructor
Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

4.4

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Behenamidopropylamine Behenatem Stearolkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolzed Mucopolysac Charides, Sodium Coco Collagen Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Squalane, Avocado Oil, Acetimide MEA, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sulfur, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 10, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium, Chloride Phosphate, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol 10, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 5/12/2009 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am very disappointed. My hair is healthy but once in a while it needs some conditioning. Based on the reviews, I purchased this and it was a disaster. First of all, this does not spread very well. It is like putting cement that sits in your hair. Then, it just added weight to my hair and made my hair super oily and uncomfortable. For those who are looking for a good deep conditioner, look into Feria Conditioner.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

LOVE this product!! Works very well to add back protein in my hair after I get a relaxer. I follow the directions, leave it on for a few minutes and rinse. I also use this bi-weekly to keep my hair strong because I moisturize ALOT! Also smells good.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I wish that Aphogee sold this product by the gallons! As, it makes the hair feel so smooth and soft. I have tried many conditioning products and this product is an absolute must-have! love that it works almost instantly to make the hair feel so much silkier. I have hair that is naturally very dry and this product honestly is like a tall drink of water for my hair.

When I was using products that contained mineral oil in them, this was a huge favorite of mines. However, I no longer use products that contain mineral oil on my hair and scalp (due to experiencing severe scalp eczema that has become a huge battle for me), so unfortunately I did end up parting ways with this product. However, if your hair and scalp,can handle long-term use of products with mineral oil in them, then by all means don't hesitate to give this product a try.

on 12/22/2008 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I've never used a protein treatment on my own before, and I'm not even sure if my hairdressers have either. With that being said...This all began when I noticed my hair was snapping offf offf off. Everyday, all the time. When I realized that lack of moisture wasn't the problem I came on here and found this stuff.
The first time I "dabbled" (last week) I had to use my Dove conditioner aftewards because it left my hair slightly dry. Not only that, but when it came time to blow dry my hair was still snappy! There was a slight inmprovement so I knew the "second round" (last night) would do the trick.
Once again, it left my hair dry, so I conditoned with Dove, blowdried, and WA-LA! My hair is perfect. No More Breakage.

Did I mentioned that I also did a relaxer touchup yesterday and my hair is still awesome?

Update: This is a staple for me. Whenever I need protein (about once a month) I mix this in with my moisturizing conditioners. I'm not sure what I was thinking before, but Dove was not doing the job...but that's for another post.

on 3/30/2009 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Very good conditioner. Pleasing coconut scent.

Left my hair very moisturized and detangled/ with good slip.

Although it is a creamy protein conditioner its not as hard core as Joico K-Pak nor does it leave the hair feeling as strong.

I might use this as a follow of for the hard protein found in aphogee 2 step and probably will keep this on hand.

on 4/14/2009 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Because i'm too much of a wimp to try the 2 step treatment, I decided to give this a go. Oh yea, I love it. Not as strong as other protein products i've tried, but it's up there! My hair is always easy to detangle, smells great, less frizzy, SOFT and stronger when I use it. I usually leave it on for much longer than the recommended time and always get great results.

on 9/17/2008 9:36:00 PM

This is a great product and I loved it. I have been using it for the last three weeks. My hair feels very soft and strong after every use. I put it on my hair after shampoo and leave it for at least 30 minutes with a plastic cap. Then I rinse it out and wow my hair is beautiful. I'm using Aphogee two step protein treatment too and is a wonderful combination. The damage treatment I will use it every 4 to 5 weeks and the keratin treatment once a week. I will recommend this product.

on 9/22/2008 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my absolute must have HG hair treatment. I heard about it about a year ago on the boards. My hair tends to become brittle from intensive dieting and training (I do those silly fitness competitions). At one point I actually felt like I was losing my hair. Thanks to a member on here who has an amazing notepad with a bunch of suggestions for hair, I embarked on a journey to take as good care of my hair as I do my skin and body. This has been a crucial component in my new hair regimen. That and vitamins. My hair has completely transformed, despite my many trips to my hair stylist for coloring and highlights and my intensive dieting and training. Even my hair stylist has been amazed at the improvements my hair's made. She used to *hate* when I would come in with my damaged hair. Now she can't stop talking about my hair. Hehehehe.
My hair has become fuller, healthier -visibly and from the inside, and grows like crazy. Everywhere I go, and I mean this, everywhere, somebody makes a comment about my hair.
My hair type is very curly and it usually takes me about a good hour to blow dry it straight. I use this more often than indicated but thats only because I feel like I need it. I use it about every 2 weeks or so. Another thing I do, especially when I wear my hair curly, is avoid stuff with alcohol. Since I stopped using gels, hairsprays, etc, to keep my curls bouncy and hydrated, I can also tell this has contributed to the all around improvement in texture.
Overall this is an amazing product and I can't get enough of it. Great find and thanks to the member who has the detailed notepad. My hair and I thank her very much.

on 8/19/2008 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have no idea what happened with my experience with this product but it certainly wasn't good. Used it to deep condition and repair coloring damage. My results were dry snap and break hair. Literally had to rewash and apply a regular conditioner. Maybe I got a bad batch but?

on 11/29/2008 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I really loved the effect this product had on my hair! From what I've heard from other people and read about the product, it really does what it says it does.
I only used it once, so far, but the difference was immediately. Before, I had a noticeable amount of shed hair and broken off hair while untangling after shampoo and condition. But when using this there was significantly less hair left in the brush. And I could blow dry my hair without worry.
The next day even, when combing through my hair it felt stronger and there was a lot less breakage.
I got the smaller bottle to test out if I liked it and that was about 5 or 6 dollars well spent. I would definitely buy it again, only if the results increase over time I wont have to!