Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

2.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought jade it is really pretty. Formula is great, no fall out, great creamy formula. I would buy more colors.

The one thing I will say this eyeshadow has going for it is the fact that the color payoff is wonderful (however, this only applies if you keep layering on the eyeshadow), but this is completely negated by all other aspects of the shadow. The consistency is extremely chalky and hard to pack onto a brush, and the moment I put it on my lids, there is instant fallout. Even worse, this eyeshadow will not stick. I apply it as a lid color, and the moment I blend it with another color, 90% of the color is blended away. Trust me, I am a big fan of drugstore eye shadows, but this is just horrible. If you want a quality cheap eye shadow, I suggest the CoverGirl single eyeshadows. They are almost the same price but have better sticking and staying power.

I cannot understand the glowing reviews, because this is one of the worst, if not THE absolute WORST eyeshadow I've ever used. Smooth & blendable my ass! I have the black one w/sparkles & the turquoise one, and both of them are chalky, powdery, and somehow manage to flake & get all over the place no matter how carefully I apply them. You know how some shadows harden & solidify in the pan & you have to scrape off the top layer to get any product on your brush? Yeah, these will do that after ONE USE. And when I actually manage to get any color on my lids, it transfers all over the rest of my eyelid & rubs off.

Truly, truly terrible. It's hard to screw up eyeshadow, I mean, it's just colored powder, right? How hard can it be to make decent eyeshadow? Well, obviously Maybelline can't figure it out. Don't EVER buy these shadows. If you want cheap makeup, go with Cover Girl or Jane.

I got this in black, green, and 2 different shades of blue. The colors are bright, but not as bright as i would like. Im talking neon shades so i never really wear them. They are really really good though for $3 and for a drugstore brand. I would deffinatly reccomend to anyone who needs quick eyeshadow!

Funny... the overall rating here is bad but there are a lot of shining reviews. Regardless, I HATE this eye shadow. I have the duo in "grey matters", which I bought to help me achieve a smokey eye. I have never been happy with it! The brush it comes with is crap, yes, but even with my nice brush it doesn't work well! The powder is not at all silky, very dry and doesn't go on smooth. Plus, whenever I try to put it on, WAY more product flakes and gets under my eyes than on my lids. This is especially bad with a color like grey because it makes me look like I have dark circles! Plus it's too much sparkle (and I am not normally against sparkle) with not enough pigment. The glitter is WAY too chunky and obvious, not shimmery and subtle enough. And it doesn't blend nicely!
Nothing good to say about this except that it's cheap. I will throw this out as soon as I get a new grey shadow. This is the first product I have not been worried about wasting.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I really dont like this product. But it is loyal. Consistent prices in every drug store. Its always in stock. Comes in a variety of colors. And comes in multiple pigment packaging. However, unlike some other reviews, i will point out that this product definately does crease. It melts fast in warm weather and humidity and the pigments do not show too well. I havent tried it with a primer yet so I have no solutions to this problem. Wen applied wet the colors appear more vibrant however the eye shodow smears. The colors do not blend too well and often form horrible blends. There is a chalky appeal to some of the pigments and there is no true depth in the dark colors. As mentioned in another comment... the black isnt black, it looks grey. I find myself using black eyeliner to get the black color i desire. I have no problems with its glittery shades, however its hard to find any shade without it.

I would definately buy this product again but not for its quality... cuz quite frankly its lacking. Its semi affordable and better than the dirt cheap shdows. When i can afford MAC i will be sure to make the transition.

I've only bought the black eyeshadow so far, but I think it's great! I recommend that with any eyeshadow, you put down a primer or fixer that will hold the color before applying it. I have to do that with this, however for the price and the deep dark pigment I get with it, it's pretty nice. I've also borrowed my friends black eyeshadows from other drugstore brands and this mine worked the best for me.

I thought this product was bad at first too because the colors are just glittery and theres almost no color payoff, but if you apply this wet, with a base, its actually pretty good! try it out ladies!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of the best drugstore eye shadows I have used. The colors are nice and they actually have good pigment. You can see the color! They don't crease and last all day. I usually get the duo. I would recommend these. They're inexpensive but still have quality.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Wow. They reformulated this, huh. Well then, I think mine has been sitting around for a long long time, since its in black packaging. Eyeshadow monos just last way too long! But no matter what, I always keep this around because mine (kola nut) is just such a great colour for me, perfectly pigmented and shimmered. Too bad, I don't think its around anymore... It was so cheap too.