Stila Moonlight Eyeshadow

Stila Moonlight Eyeshadow
Stila Moonlight eyeshadowMy Stila palette

4.2

on 5/17/2005 4:42:00 PM

This is nice for highlighting the browbone--just be sure to use a very light hand or a fluffy brush that will diffuse the color, otherwise it looks too whitish. But brushed on softly it leaves a nice pearly glow. For reference, I'm NC20-30 depending on tan, brown eyes, brown hair.

These are my HG eyeshadows. Stila shadows are so wonderfully soft, pigmented, and blendable. Will repurchase again and again.Moonlight is the perfect shimmery white for highlighting the browbone or inner corners. continued >>

on 4/29/2005 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have wanted this shadow for a LONG time (before I had any MAC or Stila in my collection!) and have always put it off because it's a "boring" shade. Also, all the reviews turned me off claiming I could find one just like it at the drugstore. Well, I have tried, and they're all too chalky and the shimmer isn't as intense. I also love how high-end shadows are so finely milled. I finally got this in a swap, and I love it! My favorite base/highlighters are MAC Nylon, Phloof, and Goldbit, and this one is basically the same without any other tint. I like the pure frosted white because it's so sheer, it looks like moonlight, its namesake. I think this is beautiful, and it's well worth the extra money for quality.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my staple Stila eyeshadows. I mainly use it in the inner corner and as a highlighter, but it can also be used as a wash beneath darker colors to add a little shimmer. This shade may be a little too cool and frosty for some complexions but I think it would work on most.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Moonlight came in the 2004 Lip & Eye Set, along with Kitten, BC, and Jezebel. This is a very shimmery and pigmented white eyeshadow that I like to use as a highlighter (use a light touch!) or on the inner corners of my eyes to brighten. I probably won't repurchase, though, because it's too expensive for a standard shimmery white eyeshadow. I'm sure I can find a cheaper alternative. It's also too pigmented and stark white as a wash on my lids (I'm LLL-MMM, olive neutral, hazel eyes).

on 3/12/2005 1:48:00 AM

it came in my eye palette. i initially thought 'omg this is white i cant use it, it'll be too obvious' so i kinda didnt touch it at all except once or twice for the inner corners of the eyes.

then i read reviews/notepads/etc and thought ok, lets try this as a highlighter on the browbone. so i patted a finger onto the pan lightly and blended.

if you use a small amount, its kinda sheer and looks pretty nice. but if you use a little too much, it gets too shimmery :( also you need to be careful with blending, because if you accidentally make a mistake and it mixes with your lid colour - it looks a little... weird.

on 2/17/2005 11:41:00 PM

Holy geeze, could this be anymore of an “In Your Face” shimmery white?! I’m impressed with this dense pigmentation (and of course Stila’s renowned e/s texture!), but I don’t think this shade is very practical as a highlighter unless you are a blending fiend. But hey, thankfully I am! ;) For anyone out there searching for a Holy Grail in your face white – you’ve met your match in Moonlight. I would re-buy simply because I have yet to encounter a white eyeshadow as true as this one – even though I hardly use it due to its overwhelming intensity.

on 2/6/2005 9:50:00 PM

This color brightens my eyes and softens other shadows. I like to use it along the brown bone. This is a "have-to-have" color for me.

I don't usually go for shimmery white e/s but this one has the best texture and can use it wet as a wash so it's not too garish. I also have a Stila Shadow Pot in Moon and they are practically the same color. The SP has more shimmer.

on 12/31/2004 7:13:00 AM

I love this color as a base color. It goes with any shadow. It is a white shimmer that I use as an all over wash and sometimes as a brow highlighter only. I have brown eyes and this e/s makes my eyes come alive. I use this with a light hand b/c if you use to much it will look to frosty. This is a very versitile e/s.