L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Ingredients Water Isododecane Cyclopentasiloxane Glycerin Cyclohexasiloxane PEG-10 Dimethicone Poly(methyl Methacrylate) Butylene Glycol Dimethicone Isoeicosane Disteardimonium Hectorite Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/ 1 Dimethicone Sodium Chloride C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates POLYGLYCERYL-4 Isostearate Hexyl Laureate Isostearyl Neopentanoate Diazolidinylurea Methyl Paraben Propyl Paraben Vitamin E Panthenol Aluminum Oxide Iron Oxide Mica Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I can't agree more with SiennaSky's review (below). At first I was in love with this foundation and the yellow undertone was great considering I'm asian. This foundation was actually given to me by a friend after she bought it and realized it was too dark for her (the color is 800 Nude). The color matched me perfect, but it will probably be just for my summer shade (it will be too dark for me in the winter lol). In the beginning I was really pleased with it... even though it felt a little wet, it dried nicely and I set it with powder. But, I saw that later on in the day (I have oily skin) that my face got shiny and almost sticky from the foundation. Then at night, I saw that after I washed it all off, my skin had broke out... even on my nose--a place that doesn't usually break out for me! Gahhh won't repurchase because of that!

Why is this so yellow? That was my first response on using this foundation. I found this on sale, for only 4 bucks.So, I went home, poured some onto my palm, dipped a sponge into it, and applied on my cheek. I am by no means Nicole Kidman pale, but the lightest shade of this foundation was SO yellow on my skin! However, wanting to do more testing, I applied foundation to the rest of my face, and sat back for a while. Almost immediately, I noticed creasing around my nose, and that it was making my zits look worse. So, I washed it off, and chucked it in the trash. No more HIP for me!

on 6/1/2007 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

When I first bought this product, on sale for about $8, I fell in love with the great color match and the flawless, soft, slightly powdery-looking finish. I went back to get more, and they were on sale for $3.49, so I got all the bottles in my shade (Cafe).

Sadly, they'll probably all go to waste. This product breaks me out in tiny, hard flesh-colored bumps (clogged pores) and white heads. Also I've noticed that by midday my skin looks shiny and muddy. It's really too bad since I did love it initially. I've since switched to Laura Mercier's tined moisturizer in Almond, which is great, but the price difference is staggering! ($40!!)

on 6/26/2007 2:28:00 PM

Originally bought this because I couldn't find my MAC moistureblend NC35. I usually get a tone darker than my tone because I tan easily, so I bought Honey. I didn't use it much until the past couple days, because I ran out of my NC35. I'm using the pan in my NC35 compact so that way it picks up whats left of the color and I don't like the way it goes on (it goes on a little too wet for me), but when it dries, I love the texture it dries to. It doesn't go on too heavy, but because of that, I put more on and I look a little caky, but not flaky caky. Its a good foundation, I don't mind it, but nothing beats my MAC. I'll use this as I am now - when I'm low on my NC35.

And, yes, this morning before I put my face on, I noticed a couple break outs, but nothing major and I have severly sensitve skin.

on 5/19/2007 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

(Color- Sand) This makeup is true to its description that it has Yellow Undertones. Unfortunately it makes my skin break out every time I try to use it, even just for spot coverage for small areas. Which makes it useless to me, even if the color and coverage are nice.

on 6/13/2007 4:41:00 PM

Iam to find a foundation which matches my skin perfectly at a good price. I normally would have to use dermablend in chocolate brown to match my skin now Loreal offers me a excellent choice in 828 Henna

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was quite excited to see so many options for my yellow toned skin. I'm NC35 in Mac and I tried Nude and Sand. Both were too dark and boy are they yellow. I tend to get oily and this foundation seemed to bring out the oiles after a couple of hours. Coverage was medium and did not cover my acne scars.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

**Edited 11-12-07**
So after wearing this a few days I started to break out in the worst way. I also couldn't figure out how to apply it without looking like it was floating over my skin. I didn't have any problems with oxidizing but I looked like an oil slick in just a few hours. I have tried several combinations of primers and powders to try and stop this. Buy the time you put on enough powder to stop the shine, you are so cakey you may as well add icing. I am still impressed by the wide range of colors that Loreal has made available to us mucho melanin mavens... Now they just have to make it look just as good on skin as it does in the bottle.

I am giddy over the fact that there is great "drugstore" line that caters to women of color. After reading MUA reviews I had to laugh out loud at the folks who didn't like it because it was too dark. It sucks to be left out doesn't it. Welcome my world. Imagine not even being able to consider entire brands because they don't even ATTEMPT to come close to your skin tone! Apparently women of color are either tan or patent leather black to most cosmetic companies! Anyway... on to the review.

I am getting over a bad case of prenatal acne that has FINALLY cleared up thanks to my handy dandy Retin-A prescription. Quite a few scars were left behind though. Between the scars and the funky hues I have developed since getting pregnant, it has been nearly impossible to find a good match. Most of my foundations have become too pink/orangey on me. H.I.P. may just be my HG! It blended well and evened my tone great! It didn't give me "flawless" so I still have to dab concealer the dark scars then I apply HIP in Sable 820 with a foundation brush and finish with BE mineral veil or BeComing loose powder. It feels light and stays put all day. I was surprised to find such a great foundation at a great price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this stuff. It gives great coverage and dries to a very natural feel and finish. I dust on a little of MAC's Studio Fix with a powder brush and apply this over top. This stuff has replaced all high-end Department store concealers and other foundations I've ever tried and believe me, I've wasted a lot of money trying them all.

on 5/12/2007 10:51:00 PM

tell you what. Same ingredients as True Match, same color match as well, but they charge you more just because it is HIP. I work as a waitress and work out after work, my face never looked as horrible as I started to use this before. It wore off after a few hours and forget it when you start to sweat a little bit. The color + sweat would stain the collar of your shirt. To top it all, it enlarged and 'pronounce' my pores. It might be cheap compared to Urban Decay Mineral (powder)foundation, but I would throw it out of the window within a heartbeat without thinking about it twice. After using this unbelievable Urban Decay Mineral foundation, I would never ever go back to any liquid foundation again!