Bath and Body Works Fresh Vanilla

No Image

3.9

on 2/11/2007 11:51:00 AM

I wanted so badly to like this fragrance--in the lotion, spray, body wash, anything! But it just didn't work for me. I love how it smells in the bottle, but on me it turns entirely too "musky" or something. And I'm pretty sure it's not just me--I have a co-worker that wears this and she smells more like musk than vanilla...sigh...since they are discontinuing it, maybe they will bring back their original vanilla scent, which was really nice. I think it was called Vanilla Bean. Yummy.

I didn't realize they were discontinuing this one. I must say I do like Fresh Vanilla. It's not a scent I would wear everyday, because it does get a little too strong. Warm Vanilla Sugar is nice too, but that also is too strong afterawhile. Maybe it's just me and vanilla scents. I really do like the scent, but I find them a tad too sweet. My favorite is Vanilla Lace from VS. I find that more of a true vanilla. As far as Bath and Body Works Fresh Vanilla. It's just average in my opinion. Nothing special, but I would discontinue other scents before this one if it was up to me. This scent is comforting in the winter. I am sure though it will be back during their annual sales.

on 1/4/2007 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Why are they discontinuing this??? This is such a beautiful scent. BBW needs to get rid of some other stuff, but not this.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

why are they discontinuing this great scent?????????????? I especially love the body cream & body butter. Will complain to BBW corporate office on this one. The breathe line-which i have the wash, the scrub & the cream w/tanning lotion is just meh-won't repurchase that breath line again. doesn't smell like anything at all to me.

on 12/16/2006 2:02:00 PM

The body butter smells like play-dough to me.Edit: My tastes have changed. The splash, edt, and shower gel all smell like sweet vanilla to me. This is a good layering scent for any vanilla lover.

on 11/25/2006 5:29:00 PM

Stock up on this one FAST!! The gal at bath and body said they will discontinue this as of February 2007 and to stock up!! This is the PERFECT vanilla, straight vanilla scent, creamy - NOT sweet frosting, not overwhelming, can be layered easily. Warm Vanilla is way too sweet (SHEW!) and the Breathe line of vanilla is way too much perfume (can't smell vanilla in that one at all).

1000x better smelling than warm vanilla sugar.
i love it and use it almost everyday

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i left a review for the body splash a while ago but i have recently discovered that the body cream smells much more pleasant than the body splash. the body splash smells a little more like coconut IMO but the body cream brings out the true scent of the fresh vanilla line. it also has wayyy better staying power than the splash or edt. so if you like the fresh vanilla line, buy the cream and use it as a fragrance instead of the body splash. it will literally last all day and the scent is wonderful. it has a note mixed with the vanilla that makes it more wearable for everyday and makes it different from other vanilla scents. this is my HG fragrance<3

on 8/17/2006 6:13:00 PM

I use the Creamy Body Wash and the Body Splash in this every day, regardless of my FOTD. The body wash is softer and sweeter than the shower gel, and makes for a creamier, almost coconutty vanilla. The splash makes a perfect base for just about any of my sweet frags. Compared to this, my once-beloved Warm Vanilla Sugar nows seems plasticky. I hope this one is never discontinued!

I was looking for a vanilla edt to compliment my Gap Smooth Sandalwood, and on a whim at the big Bath and Body Works sale I purchased the Fresh Vanilla edt. I tried it on and liked it. So when I saw near the register there was a bottle of $5 Fresh Vanilla lotion, I picked it up too. But once at home, the scent wasn't appealing to me anymore. It's a very strong, vanilla scent that just isn't right for me. The moisturizing power isn't really anything, but I don't care about that. Despite these flaws, I'm going to keep trying it to see if I can make it work though. UPDATE: Nothing is working. I'm going to see if a friend wants it.

Popular Lotions / Creams