Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 5/28/2011 1:09:00 PM

I don't know why I waited so long to try this stuff! I have EXTREMELY oily skin and have tried everything to no avail. I have tried so many different foundations, primers, powders, etc. I got a sample of this and was shocked at how it kept the oil away. I figured it must have been a fluke. Well, I've been using this now for about six months and it works so well that I forget I even have oily skin. If you have normal or dry skin don't even bother using this. Sometimes I don't even have to reapply it during the day, or if I do it's only once. Before using it I had to blot my face at least five times a day, re-powder at least four times, and then reapply foundation and powder at least once. Now I put on my foundation (Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Make-up), dust on this powder, and I'm good to go for the day. I used their Kaolin powder before this stuff, but didn't really like it. I'm hooked for life! I really hope they never discontinue it. I think the key ingredient in this is the cornstarch. And it's cheap and lasts me several months.

I bought this product a long time ago along with a few of their powder foundations. I really had no use for it because I didn't need another finishing powder on top of powder foundation. I rediscovered this product recently and found a great way to use it. Because it's winter time right now, and my skin is on the drier side (especially on my cheeks), I am using a cream foundation (Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse). I usually set my foundation with MAC MSF Natural. But it started to look a little chalky because my skin is so dry right now. I realized that I needed a loose powder instead of a pressed powder to reduce the look of dryness and skin flakes. I saw the Finishing Dust on my counter and decided to dust a layer of it over my cream foundation. It doesn't give any more coverage, and is so finely milled that it doesn't accentuate bad skin texture or dryness. I've been wearing it everyday recently, and my mom even said that she thought my skin looked a lot healthier. Great affordable product if you use it with the right foundation.

on 8/20/2010 10:30:00 AM

This is a nice finishing powder that EM says will "set your makeup and get rid of excess shine." It does that, but for me, only for a short amount of time. I get that airbrushed look, but only temporarily (translation = a couple of hours at most.) If you have normal to dry skin w/ no oily t-zone, then this should work for you. Me = I have an oily t-zone so I find their Kaolin anti-shine finishing powders to be more effective for me. I gave this a 3, but in reality its a 3.5.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I mostly use the finishing dust in a 50/50 ratio with the intensive foundation. It gives the area around my nose flawless coverage without the cakey problems. I don't know why, but using the foundation by itself just looks horrible on my nose!
The combination of the two makes it look like I didn't put anything on! I love the results!
As for the finishing dust by itself, I don't really see much change in my appearance (as in pore size, setting my makeup, etc.), but I will definitely be purchasing it again for combined use with the intensive foundation :)

I ordered free samples from EM, I had to pay only for the shipping ($2.82). I got 4 small samples (0.03 oz/1 g each) : finishing dust, sunlight finishing dust, kaolin powder sunlight, kaolin powder soft bronze. Today I tried the finishing dust and it gave me cystic acne on my chin by the afternoon. It's a very finely milled powder what gives very small coverage. It wouldn't be a problem for me, because I'm looking for a light powder over my Korres ginger & vitamins foundation, but I'm not gonna use this anymore. I hope I'll have better luck with kaolin powders.

Next day I tried the kaolin powder in sunlight, it looks pretty light in the container but turned darker on my skin after a couple hours but not this is the biggest problem with this powder. I don't have oily skin but this made my skin shiny only 1 hour after the first application and gives no coverage at all. It doesn't make me any sense to give money for a powder what has no coverage and no shine control. I'm still on the hunt to find the perfect finishing powder but I'm not sure that it will be mineral powder.

The mineral powders what I tried and wasn't satisfied with:
- Garden Botanika: She's a Natural Mineral Foundation (awful look)
- Christian Dior: Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Sculpting Powder Makeup SPF 10 (This is best of all but not matte enough and expensive)
- Bare Escentuals: Mineral Veil (loved the look but my skin was itching and burning)
- Physicians Formula pressed powder (awful look)
- L'oreal Bare Naturale gentle mineral powder - pressed powder (awful look)

I recommend this article to everybody about how "natural" mineral makeups are:

on 12/19/2010 6:09:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Excellent finishing powder for when I need it. This is the first one I've found to be foolproof and does not settle into fine lines or irritate my sensitive skin. It does not turn into an oil slick or flake. The packaging is annoying as it gets everywhere, but since I don't use it often, it's fine. Also, the full size is likely to last a life time.

on 1/19/2010 1:46:00 PM

While I've recently become a big fan of EM, this powder is way too drying on me. Shortly after putting it on, bits of skin started peeling and scaling off all over the place. The thing is, I don't have truly dry skin--more like combination, it getting a bit drier in the winter in my dry patches and a bit oilier in my oily spots in the summer. So, would hate to think what this might be do to do to truly dry skin types. The only reason I'm not making this a one is that this might be a possibility for really oily skin. All the same, for those interested in this product, I'd recommend getting the sample sets/try me free options of EM powders before committing to a large size of this. Meanwhile, having tried samples of EM's powders, natural reflections seems to work best for me.

on 12/22/2009 11:01:00 AM

I normally really like translucent powders, but this one does nothing for my very oily skin. It has no staying power...I had to reapply after about 2 hours, and I blotted in between. It has a nice smoothing effect on the skin, but only for as long as it stays on.

on 3/6/2010 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product holds up oil, but not very well in my experience. I do have very oily skin and live in hot and humid place - if I wear this right after foundation without any primer/mattifying powder/gel, my face will be shiny in less than an hour. But if I apply silica powder from pureluxe before this finishing dust, my face will holds up oil in 6/7 hours. So..what's the point of using this finishing dust, anyway? overall, no, will not buy this product again, will stick to pureluxe silica

on 2/6/2010 3:30:00 PM

Omg! This is my one true love! I have combination to oily skin and this is perfect! I usually only wear foundation on special occasions, so every other day I wear concealer and dust this on top of this. It keeps my oily skin at bay and it makes my skin feel soft and smooth! I might get a little bit of shine throughout the day but it's more like a natural glow(: I will never use anything else. Thank you everyday minerals!