FingerPaints FingerPaints

FingerPaints FingerPaints
FingerPaintsFingerPaints

on 5/7/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

FingerPaints Nail Polishes are sold in Sally Beauty Supply Stores and have a wide, wide range of colors and finishes. They release new collections a few times a year so there's always something different to try. I find the quality of these products to be as good as (and in some cases better than) my Holy-Grail line which is OPI. The wear time is very good at five to six days with no chipping or crazing with basecoat, topcoat, and Seche Vite. All in all, I definitely keep an eye out for the new collections and would recommend this line.

O. MY. GOD. - how is it possible that after YEARS of trying a wide variety of nail polishes only to discover that after only using OPI for the past 4 years, I have found not 1 but 2 replacement lines in the space of 1 month???

Revlon, L'Oreal, Essie, Sinful Colors, and too many other lines to recount here = NONE could EVER rival OPI's durability. If my mani doesn't last 5 days (and I wear gloves for any cleaning or washing of disches) = product is a fail for me.

I had given up on using anything by OPI. On impulse, I purchased Sally Hansen Total Manicure in a Bottle and this product in Shades of Dark w/in a month of each other (see my seperate review on the SH).

This stuff ROCKS!!! My mani lasted 4 days (w/ base and topcoat) and then there was only some minor tip wear = touched up tips = another 3 days of looking awesome!

Super cheap at Sallys (under $5) + - looks shiny enuf when dry that when I put my poshe topcoat on my left hand, let dry and compared to my non-top coated right hand = virtually impossible to tell which had topcoat and which didn't - it is that shiny when dry = AWESOME!

I do prefer a wider application brush (again, due to my OPI usage) but I can get used to this skinnier brush I believe.

Between this and Sally Hansen's Total Manicure in a Bottle - bye bye overpriced OPI! :)

on 8/28/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have 6 of these: Art of Theft, Easel-y Entertained, Signed in Wine, Merry Mittens, Amethyst Atelier, and Scenery Greenery. Art of Theft is really easy to find dupes for. Easel-y Entertained is a gorgeous glitter polish in the bottle. On the nail it's very weird; it dries matte unless you really layer t/c over it (like several layers). Signed in Wine is nice, but for some reason the formula on this one isn't as good as Art of Theft; a bit streaky. Merry Mittens, Amethyst Atelier, and Scenery Greenery are all perfect really; zero complaints there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I find the quality to be poor. Always chips within 24 hours, even if using base and top coats. I find better durability with even the cheapest of drugstore brands. All of the creams I have tried dry to a really dull finish. They really do end up looking like the finger paints you use as a kid. Decent selection of colors, but as others have mentioned, they are easy to dupe. I hate the handle on these polishes. They are hard plastic, really smooth and taper at the top, so it's not the easiest top to open if you have closed it really tightly. It would be much easier to grip if it had a rubber top like Orly polishes, or if it were even just shaped differently.

on 2/14/2011 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good range of colors but the product itself is terrible! Chipped within a few hours of painting even with a good topcoat on. Color also dried darker which I was bummed about. Don't waste your time or money with this product!

on 11/21/2010 7:25:00 AM

This polish goes on smoothly and dries pretty quick but it only lasts a day, 2 max. I don't have time to paint my nails every day so it looks like I will have to take out a 2nd mortgage to buy a bottle of OPI to get pretty painted nails.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've bought two red colors, Primary Color and Scarlet, After I got both home they seemed to look different on my hands, but I still like them. They seem to wear a long time. Right now my fingers have lasted about 6 days, and are only now starting to chip. I wish They looked the same on as they did in the store, but overall I think they're very well made :) I happened to get one on sale last week for 3.50, they were discontinuing colors or whatever at Sally's.

I got this polish in Mystery muse and it is a lovely shade. It is a metallic purple/pink. I think that is wears well I used 2 coats and that seemed to cover my nails well. I noticed it does chip easily but for the price it is not a bad polish

on 6/24/2010 12:22:00 PM

I put Gossamer White (a pale pink) on my finger nails on Saturday and they are still pristine on Thursday. That beats any other polish's no-chip record by DAYS. I give this product two HUGE thumbs up! It went on well, has nice coverage, and this color is perfect. I will be ditching OPI forever!!

on 4/22/2010 12:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have Artistic Azure, which is a royal blue with blue shimmer, and I would not buy this again. It's not the colour that was unimpressive because the colour is very nice. When removing the polish with nail polish remover, if you're not careful the blue will stain your finger tips as you wipe off the polish. I'm wearing this colour right now and when I take it off, it's going to look like I killed a smurf.

Popular Polishes