Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Enter Title

3.3

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

i hated this mascara. the primer looked awful, no matter how much of the topcoat i put. it flaked, it asnt dark enough, it dried out my lashes, and it clumped like crazy. not reccomended.

on 7/15/2010 10:45:00 AM

This is review is for the waterproof version of Intense. I did not care for this much at all. Horrible keeping curl & does not add volume or length for me. All it accomplished for me was spidery stubby lashes. The previous reviewers mentioned that it was difficult going over the white primer with the mascara & I would absolutely agree! One thing it did do was stay put though, waterproof version is indeed waterproof!

on 7/13/2010 1:32:00 AM

i loved this mascara, and i'm so sad that it has been discontinued. i use to get so many compliments on my lashes. now i'm on the search to find a replace, after 6 years of loyalty. If any one knows of a good alternative please let me know.

on 6/15/2010 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

An Asian Review:
I have not-full-but-not-sparse, medium length lashes and sensitive eyes. Though this mascara fared better than the previous Maybelline mascaras I have tried, it is still not as good as I expected it to be.

First I curl my lashes, and I apply the primer all over and followed by the mascara. It does give a lovely thick look to my lashes but it did not hold my curl at all. Also when I tried to reapply/layer on, it starts to get clumpy and I can feel the heaviness on my lashes. On the plus side, it didnt irritate my eyes. However, I wouldnt repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This mascara wasn't good but it wasn't bad either. I personally hate the primer. Firstly, I actually have never needed a primer (this mascara confirmed that for me) and secondly it was so difficult to cover the white primer with the black mascara no matter what I did. I will say this though, I already have long lashes, but this stuff made them sky high. Not perfect, I won't go back to it, but it did perform well enough.

on 5/16/2010 6:47:00 AM

this mascara worked very well on me i would recomend it to other people however it did no curling only a little bit the packaging is great the price i gave a 4 becuse it is like $24.00 over here in australia but yeah its a great product but i found that i had ran out of it after 3 weeks but that only becuse i wear mascara every day

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This mascara was not good at all. It did not make my lashes look intense at all. However it did separate my lashes a little bit, but it made them look more natural looking instead of giving them any flare. I really didn't like this mascara and I'm sorry I bought it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Another rubbish mascara from maybelline!!! It didn't do anything to my lashes. No length or volume!!! Just a clumpy black mess on my lashes!!! Terrible!!!

on 5/6/2010 6:12:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

ASIAN lash review - or those with small, sparse or downward-pointing lashes.

I'm quite impressed with how much curl-power is in this mascara for my defiant Asian eyelashes. I bought this in waterproof and was happy with the results when using with or without the white primer.

I'm usually pressed for time, so I ended up using mostly the black end, which worked fine. I think the primer might actually weigh down the lashes, if you're concerned about losing the curl.

PROS:
-Holds curl for Asian lashes (after using a curler) well
-Makes my lashes look fuller and longer
-Doesn't flake much
-Formula isn't too wet or too dry
-Brush is a nice size (not too big)
-Good for natural look if you use it sparingly. However, can create a very dramatic, almost false-eyelash look if you use the primer and swipe a coat or two on.

CONS:
-Quite hard to remove. I have to use Vaseline and Q-tip to scrub it out.
-Not very buildable. You'll get a clumpy spider-leg effect. For a more natural look, just apply one, light-handed coat.
-The black part is good enough, which means I get less product for my $$.
-Brush isn't small enough to get at corner lashes (common problem for Asians)

EDIT: I found a good use for the primer part since I only use the black on its own. I used the primer before applying the non-waterproof mascaras I own that make my lashes droop (Full 'n Soft, XXL Curl, Define-a-lash) and it really, really kept the curl, almost as much as though I had used the XXL Intense waterproof.

I have been using this mascara for years. It is not a perfect 5 in my book, but everytime I try a different mascara, I always end up going back to this one. I love the priming conditioning it has for the lashes, which gives me more volume and extension. The brush doesn't clump the mascara on my lashes, it spreads it evenly on them, which I love.