Rimmel Lasting Finish - Drop of Sherry

Rimmel Lasting Finish - Drop of Sherry

4.4

on 12/24/2008 11:34:00 AM

My mom got it as a gift from my sis and the first time i tried it, I am in love with it. Red without being too red, looks great on my cool asian skin tone. Very cheap and I love the coconuty pinacolada smell. Not too strong for me. Now I am going to purchase one for myself.

I have Airy Fairy and Velocity Gloss..I am in love with Rimmel lip products. :)

on 7/25/2008 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a medium rosey slightly shimmery color, very natural but sexy too. Im neutral skin tone and this brightens and warms me right up! Like a YLBB look but with a touch of shimmer, def will repurchase. Its just as good as my MAC lippies at less than half the cost! woohoo!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Seems like Rimmel reformulates every 6 months or so. I like the current incarnation of their lipsticks the best-- cute case with the little crown embossed on top, and the best array of colors to date (i.e., many dramatic, unique, and duochrome shades). Drop of Sherry is a shade they've always carried, but I'd never tried until now.

Love it, love it, love it! It's a pearlized, mid-tone warm pink that's great for very warm-toned folks like me who look dead in most frosty pinks. This one has enough pigment to brighten rather than wash out my complexion. I love the idea of pearly seashell pink lipstick, but haven't been able to wear most shades because they're too pale or cool. This one manages to still look pink (not salmon or coral) and be flattering! Yay! Oh-- and the formula smells like coconut fruit punch or something, not bad but a bit strong. Lasting power and moisturization are super.

This feels nice going on and the color really lasts a long time but after an hour my lips were REALLY dry. Works much better if you put a lip balm on underneath. The color was nice, kind of a light mauvish rose, but looks almost metallic if you put more than 1-2 layers on. Definitely looks best with lip gloss on top. Overall, though, it's a pretty good lipstick for the price.

on 12/5/2006 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Perfect MLBB for me, a PPP/LLL with warm undertones, just put it on in the morning (no mirror required) & face brightens up. Doesn't dry out my lips, don't need liner, staying power could be better but it's not bad really. I might call the finish satin; it's not matte but not shiny. Sometimes I think I see the most microscopic sparkles in it, sometimes not; if they ARE there they certainly aren't obvious on.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought this lipstick on whim...I've been experimenting with Rimmel lately and have been pleased. I have Ballistic but it was a litle too brick red for me, but this I couldn't pass it looked so pink and shimmery in the tube. This is a a very flattering pink on me, I'm light/medium with golden undertones. Currently my favorite lipstick, this will most likely gain cult status with me, because I know right away whether I'll keep repurchasing a product, and this one is a definite re-buy!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Nice neutral midtone color. A cross between a pink, red, with a peach blend. I like it. Wears nice. Looks good on PPP skin. I couple it with either Lord & Berry Blush lip liner or MAC Quartz. I apply Chanel Blzzard lip gloss over it or a mid-tone pink MAC lusterglass over it when I miss it with the Quartz liner.

The line needs more of a color selection. The lipstick is very good and less than $5. Definitely worth trying and if you don't like it, return it for a refund.

The Rimmel gloss is fabulous. My purchase will be one of their blushes.

on 6/21/2005 1:45:00 PM

I got hooked on Rimmel's lipstick a few years ago when they hit the U.S. market, but alas they changed some of the shades & formulas since then. I loved the Rich Moisture formula, so of course it was discontinued. However, when they re-formulated the Lasting Finish, I swear they used the Rich Moisture formula! Unlike the old Lasting Finish, it has a lot of slip & is very smooth & moist yet it lasts a good while. They kept a few old favorites like Fudge Brownie & this one. Drop of Sherry is slightly warm, a medium rosy shimmer that would flatter anyone. For less than $5, it beats just about anything in the department store.