Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.3

on 7/24/2012 12:35:00 PM

This is my all time favourite primer ever ! This primer is perfect for most skin types and most foundations ! I love love love it! I think I have bought 3/4 of these primers ad will defiantly be purchasing again once I have used it all up ! I have never had problems with my skin caused by this product. And I find it helps foundations stay in place for a lot longer than they usually would. I find this primer lasts a really long time and a little goes a long way ! The packaging is great as you can control how much of the product you would like and I think this primer should be a staple piece in most girls make up routines ! I know Smashbox can be a little pricey at times but do not let this put you off as it is worth it's weight in gold ! If you are unsure about purchasing this product I am sure the girls at your local Smashbox counter could give you a Sample to try over a few days.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought the green mini version of this at Ulta today after much deliberation between the green on and the 'light' one. I decided on this and so far I am impressed.

I don't really think the 'color correcting' idea is all that effective unless the product stays relatively opaque, which this does not. It thins out and becomes transparent once blended into the skin. Granted, I have only used it once so I can't really say if it does calm down the redness as it claims.

It is a silicone-based primer so if you are sensitive to silicones then I would try the 'light' version which I believe is silicone free :)

I have been wearing my makeup with both this and the urban decay all-nighter spray for around 4 or 5 hours and my makeup hasn't budged, even my blush, which is a shocker because my face eats blush like I eat Milano orange cookies... I am very impressed.

If you aren't quite sure if you will like this primer, head to Ulta because that is the only place I have seen the mini versions of most of the smashbox primers. I got mine for $17 and if I like it I plan to buy the full sized version :) update will come soon!!

on 2/22/2012 10:36:00 PM

i have a bunch of the green primer as samples and i've been trying to use them up. i like the finish it gives for my foundation to go on top, but that's about it. it doesn't make my foundation last longer or does it hide my redness. i only have a tiny bit of redness around my nose, but it looks the same after application. i probably won't go out to buy this after my samples run out. the good thing about it is a small tube can go a long way.

on 7/18/2012 6:43:00 PM

Not loving this product. I have a little discoloration on my jawline from post acne scars and I was hoping this product would help conceal that and it didn't. The only thing I noticed that this primer did was dry my skin and make it look way too matted. If you have super oily skin this might be the right product for you, but if you like a more natural glow look I wouldn't use this.

on 7/8/2012 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased the travel sized tube of the green primer. I have rosacea and was trying to find something to neutralize the redness. I can only describe this as a sheer green makeup that did nothing to correct redness. It just made me look sick, plus it broke me out. I have since found the Everyday Minerals mint green corrector which is great at correcting the redness. I wouldn't recommend the Smashbox green primer at all.

This product is super overpriced for the quality and quantity. I bought this product and thought it would be a game changer.. I was quickly mistaken. I was never impressed. There is drugstore products that are way better!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this as in a travel size at Sephora and I think it will last for quite a while (without breaking the bank). I like this a lot - as both a good silicone primer and a redness reducer. I have slight redness from rosacea and this helps, without completely removing the redness. It goes on light but provides good coverage. Definitely like it better than Eucerin Redness Relief

No breakouts or oiliness.

on 1/4/2012 4:56:00 AM

my favorite primer!
its the only primer that works for me. i wanted a primer that would help with acne scarring and this seems to be the best one i've found (from the other's i've used)
the only downside is the price i paid $38 at nordies, but i don't mind paying for something that works well for me.
since it is a silicone based primer i've heard that it could cause breakouts, but i haven't had any from this primer. also this primer isn't very friendly to oily t-zones but that's something a lil touch up can fix :)
definitely worth the money (at least for me)

on 2/2/2012 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I was looking for a good foundation primer that wouldn't make my already-oily skin worse, and that would tone down the red in my complexion. This goes on nice and smooth, and makes makeup go on smoother...but that's about it. Doesn't tone down my redness any (or at least none that I notice) and doesn't really seem to make my makeup last longer. I will look for something better. Especially since I paid almost $40 for it.

on 10/4/2011 12:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is for the ORIGINAL Smashbox Jumbo Photo Finish Foundation Primer in 2oz tube. I paid $49 for this although regular price is $72. I absolutely LOVE this primer. I've tried several others and this is one of my top 3! Simplifies the application of my makeup and makes it last MUCH longer. I have noticed this doesn't have many good reviews and I don't understand why but this is something that I cannot live without as of now. Wish it was cheaper! A *TEENY* tube of this is $16 at ULTA!