Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

4.1

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff. I have very oil skin, and this stuff is amazing!

PROS:
* Soaks up & controls oil like no other skincare product I know.
* Calms & soothes acne/irritated skin.
* Treats & masks redness.
* Treats & prevents breakouts.
* Can be used as a setting powder & mattifier.
* Is cheaper than BE's Blemish Therapy & more product
* A little goes a long way.
* No scent at all..not even a medicated one.

CONS:
* Hate the puff that comes with it, so I just use a powder brush.
* It doesn't have a sifter lock like BE's Click-Lock-Go, so can be a little messy.

I don't recommend this for people with dry or even combo skin because it really does dry up the oil. It also contains talc, so if you're sensitive to talc, I wouldn't use this product. But it's perfect for my super oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. Also keep in mind this is not a concealer powder, it's a skincare product, so it won't conceal anything. It will only mask redness a little.

Again, I simply love this stuff & it's one of my HG skincare products. I will continue buying it & I highly recommend it for people with oily, sensitive, acne prone skin.

on 10/31/2011 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My fave product to set my base makeup. I love that it is unscented and goes on translucent. This does not keep me slick free all day, but it has definitely lasted longer than any other products I've tried. It's also well priced and there's plenty of product to go around. I really do think it helps with my occasional bumps and sometimes I dab this with a bit of water overnight on any offenders I might randomly get. I wake up with downsized mountains the next day. I do believe that anybody with grease-ball skin should have this in their arsenal.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I AM IN LOVE. How have i gone this long without this god-sent?! This is the ONLY product i've ever bought that keeps my very oily skin MATTE ALL DAY!! And i have used OC-8 and all those other shitty but wayy too expensive products that claim to keep your skin matte all day, that end up working for like maybe one hour at the most. This stuff is so amazing, i can't say enough good things about it! I even sleep in it b/c it helps prevent breakouts as well, and when i wake up in the morning, NO OIL!!! :) This is one of those products that i would take with me if i was stuck on an island for a few years... :) The price is reasonable, my only complaint would be the packaging but i'm not complaining..i'd scoop this out of a baggy with my hands if i had to<3

on 8/27/2011 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love how this doubles up as a loose powder to set my liquid foundation and at the same time, helps to heal acne. I sometimes use this alone to mattify my face when I'm just going out for a short while without makeup on.

However, the mattifying effect is not as good as Jurlique's citrus powder. If you're just like me with very oily skin, Jurlique's citrus powder would be better. This is my no. 2 powder, after Jurliques.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

First off, I just bought this a couple of days ago, so it may be that I haven't discovered it's full potential (of course, i'll update if I do), or possibly, that I've used it wrong, but I dunno...I really didn't think this stuff was that great... I'd been noticing that I've been developing some shine throughout the day, but I generally try to steer clear of any type of powder (minerals or not, my skin just seems to break out from them). I thought maybe this one would be different, so I decided to giver a try. I just dusted a little bit of it very lightly with a powder brush to set my make-up and, initially, I thought it looked fine (really, I didn't think too much about it; I figured it was just powder). I ran some errands. At some point, it got a little hot in the car--it was like 90--and I felt a little sweaty so I turned on the air. About 2 hours later when I got home and caught sight of my face in the mirror, let me tell you, I was appalled. My make-up looked absolutely horrible! I cannot believe I was out in public like that. My god, it was like all of my carefully applied make-up had turned into a chalky flesh-toned Queen Helene mask!
I did notice however, that it didn't break me out (I sometimes break out within hours of applying powders) so that's something.
Still, I definitely wouldn't recommend this stuff for daytime use, and I mean really, why bother applying it at night? I doubt it would do much. There are far more effective treatments for acne.

on 5/26/2011 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I generally like this product. It does help cover up my oily nose, but it doesn't last as long as I'd like it too, I have to reapply it many times through out the day. But overall it does work quite well! I would buy it again, it lasts FOREVER.

on 4/11/2011 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this product.
My oily/combination skin is acne prone and I do get oily around the my t-zone. Every morning and night, I just this over my face like how you would apply a powder foundation. This powder works wonders. It decreases the oils on my face and works great as a spot treatment overnight. It also mattifies your face and reduces redness. I would definitely repurchase this product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this product just a couple weeks ago. I was looking for the Silver Powder, but the lady sold me this instead. I found that you need to throw away the little poof because it just causes messes. I apply with a concealer brush at night before bed. I also pat it in with my makeup in the morning along with my regular powder. I don't expect it to conceal, but it does lighten redness from cheek acne. Even if it doesn't get rid of the pimples overnight, this 12 dollar product will for sure last me a year. I think it works well along with my moisturizer helping make sure those oily spots don't get too much. It is a good product to maintain balance overall.

on 10/22/2010 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great versatile powder. I bought it on eBay for around $11. I believe the MB website sells it for $12, not including tax/shipping.

You get a half ounce sifter jar. It really is a lot of product. I mainly use this for spot-treating/concealing so this should last me for at least a year.

This is a pale yellow sulfur-based powder. It doesn't have that rotten egg sulfur smell, which was a pleasant surprise. I'm a picker (yuck) and this is great for spot-treating those sore, red, open pimples. It dries up the nasty stuff pretty well, and does a great job of toning down redness. I'm not left with weird yellow spots on my face. I don't like using this as an all-over face powder because it can be a little drying for me (I use Kryolan Anti-Shine for controlling shine), even on my oily skin. However, when I did try it as an all-over powder, I really liked how it made my skin tone look even and matte. Might be better for me during the summer, but it's getting cooler now, so this just sucks up too much moisture when used all over my face.

I also don't like how messy the jar can be. I have to open and close this over the sink, otherwise the powder gets everywhere. (A pressed powder version of this would be lovely!) It comes with a powder puff, which I immediately got rid of; I prefer using a small brush for this. Plus, the puff was difficult to put back in the jar, since it was a little too big.

I use this both at night and during the day. It's a great multi-tasking product... hiding zits, drying zits, setting concealer, getting rid of redness, controlling shine, evening out skin tone, etc. This is my first MB product, and I will repurchase once I run out.

on 10/8/2010 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

i like this product, but the description compared to the ingredients leaves me with a lot of questions.

This is copied from the product description on the MB site:

"Heal and conceal acne breakouts with this specially formulated, Sulfur based powder that absorbs excess oil and reduces redness and irritation caused by breakouts."

This is the ingredients list, also copied from the MB site:

Talc, Kaolin,Calcium Carbonate,Bismuth Subgallate

source URL: http://www.mariobadescu.com/special-healing-powder

Note the term *sulfur based powder* in the description. The bizarre thing here is that there is NO sulfur in the ing list so what's going on here? One or both must be misleading and it makes me suspicious and reluctant to use other products from this brand. That said, i like how this works. I just have no idea what it really contains and i'm left with the impression that the company can't be trusted to accurately declare ingredients or not lie about product features.