L'Artisan Fragrances La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme

No Image

3.4

on 11/19/2005 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is very *very* different from the original! Not nearly as light or pretty. Something about it is too masculine and harsh for me.

on 11/11/2005 5:51:00 PM

After ordering samples of the original and the extreme version of LaChasse, I must say the original wins without a doubt. While they both smell very similiar as far as the floral part of it goes, the extreme has that pink pepper that just ruins its for me. It doesn't smell nearly as feminine.To perfect the Extreme, they just should have made the EDP but with exactly the same notes just more concentrated.

Edit: After trying my sample again, this is now up to 5 lippies from 3. I love the spiciness of Extreme.

on 6/16/2005 6:28:00 PM

Compared to the regular, La Chasse aux Papillions, this was horrible! The tuberose in it smells bitter. Ugh. This almost made me nauseous. I *love* the original but this one is definitely not for me.

on 10/24/2005 6:07:00 AM

I adore this fragrance. My only regret about it is having bought it at the tail-end of the summer; I would have loved to get more use out of it during the warmer months. Unlike the original La Chasse, the Extreme lasts on me a good 8 hours. Maller is correct in calling this perfume sultry. That's the perfect word to describe it. On me the jasmine note is particurlarly strong and lingers for quite some time while the tuberose seems to fade first.

on 10/25/2005 8:28:00 PM

I love this better than the original, because it is smoother and creamier... I find that it goes on better sprayed rather than dabbed... I realised that because I fell in love with it at Barneys after spraying it on me (and so did my male friend at the time... he wanted to buy it for me right then and there), and then Papillon (Tammy) was sweet enough to give me a little decant, and wearing it from the decant bottle, it lost a bit of whatever attracted me to it at the store. I also LOVE, Love Rochas' Poupee, and I find this too similar to actually buy a bottle of it right now. I might, in the future though...

on 7/19/2005 10:04:00 PM

To say I approached this fragrance with a jaded attitude would be an understatement. I don't like La Chasse, I'm exceedingly skeptical about tuberose and although there are quite a few white florals I've come to like, there's not exactly an across the board unconditional love fest going on (yet). My cynical face was all nicely in place as I put LCaPE on. Quick readjustment of facial expression required as I sniffed. Yes, it does indeed start out with a powerful dose of that tuberose I'm so skeptical about, but for some reason it is appealing in this fragrance - very creamy, soft, sweet. It also has a significant amount of jasmine, a floral note I adore, and the saffron and pepper which subsequently appear contribute nicely to this fragrance's unabashedly sultry, rich character. La Chasse is well mannered, nice and wouldn't offend at a PTA meeting. La Chasse Extreme probably would offend at a PTA meeting. Bold, sexy, fun. Gorgeous. *Have* to learn not to prejudge....

I sprayed one wrist with LCAP and one with LCAP Extreme. There was only the slightest difference in the fragrance-- it smelled like the Extreme had a woodier base to it. By the time I had walked around NM sniffing both wrists, they both had faded so much that I could see no reason to purchase them. If only this fragrance would last-- because it is certainly beautiful.

Much better than the original Chasse. The opening is utterly gorgeous, with strong tuberose and jasmine notes which made me nearly swoon with delight (it's so perfect for spring)! I was stunned that I actually liked this, since I disliked the original version. A few minutes later the composition deepens as saffron and pepper make their appearance, giving innocent ol' Chasse a sexy evening edge. The note that bothered me in the original version (linden, I suspect) is either absent or much subdued here. The sillage does drop significantly after an hour, but the fragrance is still present thereafter. I'd be happy with a decant, but there's no way I'd pay $90 for 50 mL of this fragrance, even though it's very pretty.

on 6/13/2005 7:56:00 AM

Err... I have been wearing a sample of the regular La Chasse for a couple of days and was excited to find out what the Extreme would be like! So, passing by the L'Artisan boutique in Marylebone High Street, I sprayed some regular on my wrist and some Extreme on my other wrist. As soon as we got out we tested it. Sniff. Nothing. My friend tried and she couldn't smell anything either. Meanwhile the regular version was as vibrant as ever! We decided there was something wrong with the bottle - maybe they ran out of perfume and replaced it with water! Well then, a bit later at Liberty I decided to try again in case they had a better bottle. Again, I just could not smell anything at all! Extreme? Hardly! This is the strangest reaction I have ever had to a perfume.

on 5/5/2005 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Oh why, Oh why did L'Artisan have to go and do this to me. I must get a bottle. I do wish they made it in a 3.4 oz. And I am P.O'ed that the 1.7 oz is more expensive(oh well thatr is the price for greatness). That being said, I adore the original La Chasse. Would never go without it. But this is soooooo nice. They smell very similar but the extreme is just POW, it lasts much longer and smells much stronger. But still remains delicate at the same time. It is a bit more white then the original. I mean I smell more Tubarose in this one. Anywhoooo it is fab and very bottle worthy.

Popular Fragrances