Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

3.8

Got a sample 2 oz. of this to try. Not a big citrus scent fan, but the idea of ginger intrigued me. Well, the citrus (orange) overpowers the ginger, and I guess (for me), it just isn't a great combination to begin with.

If you love really strong citrus smells, you will like this very much. If you are not a citrus fan, you will definitely not.

on 10/4/2005 10:55:00 AM

At FIRST I loved the scent but then I got it home and realized that it smells just like FURNITURE POLISH. All I can think of when I put it on is this very heavy polishing creme by Old English that my mother used to use. GROSS.

on 10/5/2004 2:04:00 PM

Wonderful scent. It brings a refreshing feel to your day when you smell it. I do think the price point is nice and also the packaging. It is a great item to buy someone for a little gift. I did have a problem with the pump on two bottles (initially when you have to open it), but I must have had defective bottles or something. I wish the lotion were a tiny bit thicker, but I suppose they would then say buy the creme. I would definitely rebuy if I were in the mood for an orange/ginger product.

on 5/8/2004 4:01:00 PM

I love visiting certain people because this is in their bathrooms! One even has the matching hand wash. I think the smell is sooooo soothing, it really is aromatherapy because it improves my level of serenity! :) I'll have to ask my relative who gets a B&BW discount to pick this up for me so I can stop scamming it at other people's houses! :-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got the silver tube cream one during the semi-annual sale and the smell is just wonderful. I love to put this one in the morning after shower, it is very refreshing. However, the scent just doesn't seem to last long on me. Also, the regular price of this is like $12 which I think it's too expensive for a tube of cream. Since I got it for $3 (I am going back to stock up also), I have no complaints at this price.

I can definetly smell the orange in this lotion. Surprisingly, I prefer to use this during the fall/winter months. I think it's because I used the sugar scrub of this scent a while ago during that time of year, but also because I need something to energize me when everything outside is so drab : P. This has medium moisture, but smells great.

on 11/23/2003 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I dislike Bath and Body Works products but they always send me those damned coupons I wind up using them and have a stockpile of lotions/creams I have yet to use! I purchased 4 of the Aromatherapy lotions because I really like the bottle -- tall slender glass w/ a thin black pump dispenser but didn't get around to using any until now. Currently in progess is the Orange Ginger scent. I like this as a hand lotion but not a body lotion. For my dry skin, it doesn't do the greatest job of heavy moisturizing but I really like the scent of orange and ginger -- it is spicy and it is strong but the aroma doesn't last long at all. As strong as the scent is, it dissipates w/i literally 5-10 minutes after application. My skin still felt dry afterwards as well. If anything, this would make a nice lotion for a guest bathroom since it's an interesting looking bottle, the pump dispenser makes it more sanitary and everyone who hits your throne will wind up smelling like oranges and ginger instead of god knows what. Not too shabby!

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

I love this scent! Very citrusy, great for summer, and it moisturizes nicely and absorbs well into the skin.

on 10/24/2003 1:49:00 AM

I mix this one with my lavender vanilla lotion and the scent is divine. I don't like the orange ginger by itself though. If you can mix it with something softer like vanilla or sandalwood then it's still spicy but with a softer base.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

The smell is fabulous, and the packaging is great. Unfortunately the scent does not linger.

Popular Lotions / Creams