NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]

NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]
NARS Cactus FlowerNARS Cactus FlowerPeachy Orange blushes (starts with Cactus Flower)

4.5

OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE SILICA DIMETHICONE C12-15 ALKYL LACTATE TRIBEHENIN POLYETHYLENE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE CANDELILLA CERA [EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX] COPERNICIA CERIFERA [COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX] OZOKERITE CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ISOPROPYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7 LAKE) CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) CI 75470 (CARMINE) CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE)]

on 1/7/2012 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It's very pretty...But not my favorite blush in the world. I would not repurchase this particular shade, but I would purchase other NARS cream blushes because I adore the formula itself (buttery soft texture, not sticky or greasy looking, long-wearing, easily blendable etc).

I do adore the base shade of this blush, (deep reddish/coral), but I find that the shimmer is a bit much. I know that NARS products in general are shimmery, but I find the glitter in this blush to be far too obvious and unnatural looking for everyday wear. But like I said, the base shade is lovely (probably best suited to darker, warm complexions). It makes my face look so healthy and alive, almost like I just finished a workout.

I usually apply this blush with a stippling brush because I find that it sheers out the rich, intense pigments very well. A little of this goes a long way.

I like this blush, but the glitter (not shimmer, not sheen, but GLITTER) is a bit too much for me...I'm still giving it four stars though because the product itself is high quality and it IS a pretty shade. Just wish that it had more of a demure shimmer to it like most NARS blushes, instead of child-like glitter.

on 12/4/2011 4:07:00 PM

I have a few NARS blushes, and I love them. And I really do love the color of this blush and I can stand the sparkles that it has as well. I bought it probably in September and tested it in stores and loved the creamy texture the Sephora sample had and the color is just gorgeous!! But, it dried up completely on me by mid November. I've had my NYX cream blushes for upwards of a year now and they are still just as creamy as they were when I bought them. For some reason this blush just died on me!! I tried warming it up in my hands to see if that would liquify it anymore, but it did nothing. I found myself essentially stabbing my blush brush in a NARS blush, and that NEVER happens. I'm not sure if the packaging was flawed and allowed air to get into the product, or what, but this shouldn't have happened. It's such a gorgeous color though!!

on 12/2/2011 1:00:00 PM

Amazing color payoff, buttery quality and it settles like a powder on the cheeks. Wears for hours and adds a beautiful natural glow to the skin. I am NC 42 for reference. Love love it and will definitely recommend and buy it again.

on 11/28/2011 12:32:00 PM

I have had a compact of this stuff for years. I don't know what it is about NARS products - but they last and last and last. This blush will seriously brighten up your face. The color in the compact is, admittedly, slightly daunting - but it goes on your skin silky-smooth (this is not an icky-sticky creme blush) with a beautiful, bright reddish-coral color. I use this blush primarily in the summer (I also use NARS Orgasm powder blush, but who needs a review on that??), but it's suitable for all seasons, depending on the look you're going for. This blush gives you a sort of "just-worked-out" flush (or whatever sort of flush is comparable to having just worked out ;) that actually seems to brighten up my eyes, as well. Slap on a little Benetint to brighten the lips, a few spots of concealer, and a bit of mascara and, my dear, you have fresh-faced perfection!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Its such a beautiful color. I was a little wary of the fact that its a cream blush, because I'm not really used to cream blushes. But, the color looked so pretty that I had to get it. And now I love it. It is a little shimmery, but I think most NARS products are, so if you dislike shimmer, don't get it. I didn't really mind because its not like its overbearing or anything, it actually looks really nice and makes the flush look really natural and dewy in photos especially. The fact that its a cream blush makes it last a super long time, at least on me, and I live in Gainesville, Florida, home of 73 percent and up humidity in the summer. So, the fact that it lasts me about 4-6 hours without reapplying is really awesome. I would probably buy it again except that I'm pretty sure it will last me forever lol because you literally need to just dab the brush once in the blush, lightly, to pick up enough color for each cheek-- and I have a tan complexion, so if you are fair, tread lightly with color! So, even though it is expensive, I think it will last you an incredibly long time, and this fact makes the price kind of balance out.

on 8/28/2011 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I really think this is a beautiful color and I love cream blushes but the sparkle just killed it for me. The sparkle makes it not everyday wearable for me. Because of that, I returned it.

on 8/25/2011 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is my dream blush!! I've been looking for a sheer red that would look like a real inner glow. Turkish Red seemed a little too brick for me, so I bought Cactus Flower. It is absolutely perfect with my fair skin. I apply it with a foundation brush, and you can start very light and add intensity as you please. The texture is perfect -- it really looks like a natural, healthy glow. It blends in perfectly with my skin so I can't see any tell-tale blush lines. As other reviewers said, it looks like you just came in from the cold. And it lasts all day on my skin -- I never needed a touch-up.

I've been wanting this for a long time, but haven't bought it because of the price. I saw it on allcosmeticswholesale last week and bought it though, because they had a depotted version for $18.99. It was well worth the wait and instantly brightens up my complexion.

on 7/7/2011 12:51:00 PM

At first I was discouraged by how bright red this appears in its case, and not sure if it would work on my NW10 skintone, however, I read a review from someone with my same coloring, and purchased Cactus Flower and glad that I did ...... this is my first cream blush, but I found it easy to use ...... I did a quick and gentle swipe with my forefinger and dotted along my cheekbones and blended and was surprised at how natural this blush looked ....... my cheeks have that pop of color that I normally get when I am outside on a freezing winter day ....... very pretty and natural looking.

on 6/21/2011 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this. I have been using Sex Appeal and am really please with the results but this takes the cake. I finally broke down and ordered it. I have never tried a cream blush b/c they always scared me, but I kept hearing that cream blush is the way to go if you want natural looking coverage. (I actually read an article that cream blush is what they put on Sports Ilustrated models to get the natural beachy look) which is what I always strive for. I am so happy with this that I ordered another one to go in my purse. I consider myself to be low maintance and that is probably what I like best about this. I slap this on with my fingers and it gives this perfect flush. It is the EXACT color of my skin when I blush. I do not know what people are talking about when they complain of glitter. I get NADA. I apply with a very light hand and just blend. It is so easy. I am so mad at myself for wasting all this money on other blushes and brushes. OMG its in the hundreds. I will use this everyday! I also ordered Penny Lane just to try it out. I doubt it could be better than this. It just melts into my skin. I will fall into a depression if this ends up breaking me out.